Thread
Printable Version

The girly`s ......giggle box

Here's pics as promised!

I think it was Bala who asked if I was going to post pics. It seemed like a good idea as I have talked quite a lot about the wedding!
Attachment: Your usergroup does not have permission to access attachments
"You're on the ride, you might as well open your eyes!"

Thanks guys, like I say, they were only 'near' disasters! They made me feel awful briefly but I had plenty of people there to put them into perspective for me!

Barb - glad to hear you've got the internet sorted and, though you probably won't see this til you get back, have a good trip!

Shinny, we did have a really great day and were so lucky. Everyone who was doing anything was brilliant - especially the usher whose trousers didn't fit. He was an absolute star and had a permenant smile on his face all day. (Genuine, not just for the camera!) We were also lucky with the weather as the two days either side were pretty horrible and wet. I am just so thankful for everything I have and for my family and friends who made the day what it was.

Reply 2500#2500 studiojek's post

Yeah, that's a good way to describe it. One of my cousins really surprised me by coming over all sentimental - it was quite late on in the evening though so he'd probably been drinking at that point!

Thanks Meg!

Lol, yeah I'm sure he did but I know he'd never have said it without!

Good news on the kitchen flood! The company we bought our flat from have taken full responsibility as they should have plumbed it all in properly and it wasn't up to us to do it. It's still a pain and at the moment we have a warped lino in the kitchen and a damp living room carpet but it means they'll sort it all out for us.

Reply 2506#2506 imarielle626's post

I have always loved the idea of sororities and wished they did that here in the UK. Actually I wish that a lot of the uni experience in the UK was more like the US, but that's a whole different post!

Glad you enjoyed your weekend and that you are now officially a sister!

Hi everyone

I'm enjoying married life but still settling into it! I am quite an untidy person but like everything clean (work that one out!) Wheras my husband hates clutter but doesn't seem to notice if things are dirty! I think we've been good for each other and we've started to get into a routine of who does what and when. Mind you, my hubby does the washing up because I cook and he's already looking into how much a dishwasher would cost....

Glad to hear things all seem to be going well for everyone at the moment!

There seem to be a lot of bugs going around at the moment, most people I know seem to have had something. Must be the time of year. Hope you both feel better soon.

In the UK it is only offered to people over 65, people with certain medical conditions, people working in health or social care and people who work with poultry! Guess that last one is due to bird flu?

[ Last edited by meljones_83 at 11-20-2008 20:17 ]

Reply 2535#2535 shinny's post

I agree with you about people who say they have the flu when it's just a bad cold. I know a couple of this year who have been walking around saying they have flu - the fact they are walking round makes me think it's prbably not flu. I have only had it once too a couple of years ago and I couldn't do anything. For 3 days I could hardly get out of bed to go to the toilet as I ached so much everywhere and felt exhausted!

I'm not saying that colds aren't bad - they can also make you feel really ill and unable to work but when you've had both you know the difference!

Hey everyone, hope you are all well. I have the start of a cold but it was bound to come sooner or later and I've got the school play out the way so I can afford to be a little ill now!! If it gets too bad I may even take a day off as I think I could use it, although knowing me I'll keep going thinking that it might get worse and so I'll take the next day off and before I know it, I'll be better!

It's been very frosty here over the last few days (in comparison to the weather we usually have, not compared to those of you who live in really cold places!) and my poor car doesn't like it!
On Wednesday I was late to work because I couldn't open the car! First the key wouldn't go into the lock so I had to go get some hot water but even when I got the key in it wouldn't turn! I eventually managed to unlock the passenger side after a long time trying but the door wouldn't open as it was frozen shut! That's when I decided to go and get my husband to come to my rescue but it took him a while too!

Then on Thursday when I'd finished work my car wouldn't start at all! That time I ended up ringing my dad for help! I'm a stereotypical female when it comes to my car!

Reply 2575#2575 cshapiro's post

Yeah, that was my point. Usually I don't HAVE to defrost my car to get into it as it doesn't get that cold here so I wasn't prepared for it. If it happened usually I would know that I needed to leave earlier to deal with it. I realise that there are places much colder but as Shinny said, people know what to do as you get used to it!

My cold got much worse and I went to school today only to be sent home by lunchtime! I hate having time off but it will probably do me good as right now I ache all over! I'm generally pretty healthy though so hopefully I'll recover quickly and be back at work soon. I don't like leaving my class in other people's hands as I have a set plan of what I want done by when and it doesn't usually happen that way when somebody else has to take over!!

Thanks guys, especially barb for the basket of goodies!
I still don't feel too good but I'm not so tired now and the achiness has stopped so I intend to go back to work tomorrow, provided I still feel ok in the morning! Yay!
I know supply teachers do a great job, it must be so hard to come in and have to take a class you don't know, I wasn't trying to knock them, it's just nobody else does things quite the same way as you have planned!

Reply 2591#2591 shinny's post

I am also very glad it's Friday. I really need these two days off this week!

I have done all of my Christmas shopping online this year as I've had so much going on that it was easier. It certainly has been useful but I've missed that browsing in the shops and the atmosphere that you get coming up to Christmas. I haven't missed the queues though!

I also agree with you about Christmas being so great because it's a chance for the family to all get together. I'm looking forward to seeing all my aunts, uncles and cousins.

Hey guys. Hope everyone is feeling ok today, especially Shinny and Barb after feeling under the weather.
I also hope you all had a really good Christmas! Looking forward to New Year now!

Reply 2652#2652 cshapiro's post

It's nice to know that kindness hasn't died!

I know the discussion's been going on for a while but I do agree that it's important to show kindness without discrimination as you never know all the facts or the circumstances behind the way a person may react to something. I would rather know that I had been a good person and done what I could, even if it turned out the other person was taking advantage (this reminds me of the TV show golden balls for anyone who's seen it! Although logically it is always best to steal as your winnings depend on the other person, my morals would always tell me to split so as not to lose my integrity. Not sure if it's just a UK show or universal.)

I was taught to respect all other people by my parents and to do nice things just because I can. I think they taught me to feel good about it when I was helpful, I'm not sure that feeling you get is automatic when there's really nothing else in it for you.
I try to teach this to the kids in my class and I will teach my own children if I have any. When I see the way some of the children in the school I work at treat each other, I am quite sure that this is something that has never been taught in their households and I think it's really sad.

Reply 2653#2653 imarielle626's post

Lol, I'l remember that one if I have to have mine out! They play me up every now and again and I might have a sleepless night but my dentist says unless it gets worse it's not worth taking them out. One I think is just still growing and isn't too bad but the other is impacted and has basically left a big hole which is pretty awkward. Quite honestly I think it's probably best to have short term pain and discomfort to get rid of them and have it over with!

[ Last edited by meljones_83 at 1-10-2009 14:02 ]

Thread