Thread
Printable Version

The girly`s ......giggle box

Reply 1170#1170 meljones_83's post

Unfortunately, sleep is still eluding me.  I just wish I could DO something with the time I'm awake.  I love to read, but I'm so tired that I can't concentrate on anything long enough to actually grasp what it says.  The cartoon is cute though.

I tell ya', I'm beginning to think that sleep is an elaborate hoax.  Sure, people talk about it, but I will soon completely doubt that it is possible.   
See what I mean about rambling being allowed here.  Everyone else would think I'd lost my mind!  If I don't sleep soon, I just might...but I'll never lose my sense of humour.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 1172#1172 imarielle626's post

I have some prescription sleeping pills for times like this, but they're not working this time.  I occasionally go through bouts of insomnia, so my doc gives me a prescription for when I need it.  I don't take them often, so I know I haven't built up a tolerance...this bout is just worse than usual.  I got a few hours of not very restful sleep in the early hours this morning, and am going to try and take a nap in a few minutes.  I know it will pass, it's just frustrating because the lack of sleep affects everything.  I can see why they use it as a form of torture.

Anyway, I'm off to attempt a nap.  Have a great day everyone, and I'll catch you later.

Reply 1174#1174 imarielle626's post

Thanks Arielle, I got a kick out of that one.  I did get a bit of a nap, and am hopeful for a proper sleep tonight.

And Rebecca...welcome to the giggle box!  We are a bit mad, but we entertain ourselves.    Your welcome to come by anytime.  The kettle's always on and we've always got something to snack on for any visitors that drop by.

Reply 1178#1178 philryk's post

I'd go with giggling, as this is the girly's giggle box.

p.s. Those cookies DO look rather scrumptious, Mel.

YAY Tina!

I just had to say

Tremendous job with The Amazing Race!

Reply 1182#1182 gypsiegirl66's post

The only difference in my case, is it's the phone that rings not the alarm.  I was doing well last night...kinda...but forgot to turn off the ringer to the phone.  It woke me up at 8:15, which would be OK normally, but since I only REALLY slept for 3 hours, I was NOT happy, especially since it was a telemarketer!    And two more called this morning!  

Reply 1186#1186 themegababe's post

It doesn't sound weird, sometimes the warm milk works for me, and I've tried it this time 'round.  This time tryptophan isn't strong enough to knock me out.   As for the notepad, also a great idea, and have tried it, but it's not my mind keeping me awake.  This is a bout of pure insomnia.  It's one of the symptoms I sometimes experience with my illness, they tend to go in cycles, but this is definitely the worst bout of insomnia I've had in years.  Believe me, if I thought standing on my head and juggling would help me sleep, I'd be trying it.  Thanks for the suggestions though.  Those do work well for the occasional sleepless night and I definitely recommend trying them for those who haven't done so.  

Here's my tip if you don't really like warm milk...when you're heating it, add a cinnamon stick.  It infuses the milk with a cinnamon flavour which makes it much more palatable.  You can also sprinkle some nutmeg in it.

Reply 1191#1191 meljones_83's post

Hahaha!  Good one Mel!   And Arielle, I hadn't thought of that...Saturday being the Sabbath...it would make things quiet.  It will be fairly quiet here tomorrow, as we're having a snow storm, which will keep most folks indoors.

I've not been here much today because I slept a bit...YAY...and I'm baby-sitting my 3 month old nephew for the night.   I did watch an episode of Stargate this afternoon.  Only 4 more episodes until I'm finished season 4...then only 6 more seasons to go. lol  I'm enjoying it though.  There are quite a few episodes I missed over the years, especially in the middle seasons.  Can't wait to start season 5.

Reply 1196#1196 meljones_83's post

The site was down for most of the day yesterday, so neither could the rest of us...until quite late.  It was a bit of a bummer, since I was snuggled up inside due to the snow storm.  It would have been nice to watch some of my shows.

Nice to see you too.    Congratulations on winning The Amazing Forum Race!  Good on ya', girl!

Reply 1199#1199 gypsiegirl66's post

I actually had a fairly decent rest last night...first one in weeks.  I'm hoping it's the start of a trend.   I don't want to go away and sleep for a week.  I'd rather be rested so I can enjoy the time with my Mum.

And with that lovely thought, I bid you all bon noir, as I'm going to try and catch a repeat performance of last night's visit to the land of Nod.  

Just had to share that.  It's too cute.
I call it Thumbelina Kitty.  

I'm here to say "Hi girls!" and also, "Bye" for a while.  I'm sleeping better...2 nights in a row...WOOHOO!...but am feeling a migraine coming on, so I'm outta here for a few hours at least.

Have a great day everyone!   

To All the Girlies!

I just wanted to stop in and say good-bye.  I'll be away for about a week, and NO internet access.  Everybody enjoy your time off and the chance to go home (for those that do).  I'm sure you'll all be refreshed from some family time...especially those of you who haven't seen your families in a while.

Tina, for covering for me.  It's greatly appreciated.

To my little friend in Paradise, I'll beI hope you have a good week and everything goes well.

And everyone...

Reply 1204#1204 gypsiegirl66's post

Message received!

Hello to all the girls.  Looks like everyone took the time off...from here at least. (tsk tsk)  I had a wonderful visit with my Mum and am now back home.  It's nice, but I wish I could have stayed longer.  She has the Space channel, and they're reshowing Battlestar Galactica: Razor tomorrow night.    You think they could have been thoughtful enough to air it while I was on vacation, but no.   I'm still waiting for it to arrive in the mail...(Canadian version of netflix).

Anyway, I'm back and the giggle box is officially reopened (not that is was officially closed .)  

Reply 1206#1206 imarielle626's post

Thank you!
Wow!  That did go quickly!  How was your brother's Bar Mitzvah?  More particularly, how is your brother, is he acting any different?  Not that all do, but I've seen it happen where some young 'uns behave a bit differently after momentous events in their lives.

I know what you mean about enjoying a show, especially a premiere, with friends and family.  My Mum & I have a couple of shows we both love.  We do call one another during the commercial breaks, but it's not the same.  It's always fun when we get to sit and watch them together...and enjoy some snacks too.
How long before you're actually back to stay?  It must be hard for your family too (your being gone), especially since you're so far away.  It's different than just being away at university, when you're on the other side of the ocean.  I hope you get to enjoy your last day tomorrow, and pack in as much time as you can with your family.  I had a hard enough time leaving my Mum's...but any distance can be too far when you love someone.

Reply 1208#1208 imarielle626's post

I'm glad you all had such a good time.  Your brother will definitely be having a hard time of it, going to all those Bar/Bat Mitzvahs.

I must agree that leaving, no matter how many times or how old you get, never gets easier.  I'm not so sure of that old adage about absence making the heart grow fonder.  I'm sure it makes reunions nicer, but the love I feel for my friends and family is just as deep...no matter how long it's been since I've seen them, be it a year or a day.  I will say that it makes it easier to tolerate those relatives that you wouldn't want to see every day.

p.s. Have a safe trip back, and try not to get too jet-lagged.

Reply 1210#1210 imarielle626's post

Glad to know you arrived safely.  I was thinking of you yesterday.   I'm glad your jet-lag isn't so bad this time.  Maybe it's because you weren't able to sleep on the plane.  Personally, I can never sleep while I'm travelling.  I wish I could on long trips because I get motion sick if I read for any length of time in any type of moving vehicle.  BTW, what's the book you were reading?  Is it in English, because it sounds like a good one if it has all the things you mention...even some Hebrew slang.

Reply 1215#1215 imarielle626's post

Gypsy will be heading back home in the not too distant future, so her connection will be good again.  That's a good suggestion for those who have dial-up.  I wouldn't have thought a new phone could make such a difference.  Nice to know, in case I'm ever in that predicament.  Thankfully, I have a cable hook-up and don't have to worry about the phone.

Reply 1217#1217 imarielle626's post

That will do it.  I had a cordless phone, but got rid of it when I went wireless, as it was on the same frequency.  I recently bought a new cordless phone, I just made sure to get one that wouldn't interfere with my wifi.  That would be totally unacceptable.   I'd rather have a corded phone than be stuck using my laptop on the living room sofa.

Reply 1219#1219 gabsimom's post

Poor girl!  That's just miserable.  I was hoping you'd seen the last of those sinus infections.  I'm glad you're still alive, but try and rest, as best you can, and if possible, call a friend to help you out with your boy.  Wish I was nearer, I'm an awesome baby-sitter (when I don't have a migraine).

Thinking of you & sending "Get Well" wishes.   
Are they working yet?

Reply 1225#1225 gabsimom's post

Good Morning!...or rather, Good Afternoon!  Thanks Arielle, for the cheery wake-up.  I needed that this morning.   I SO wish I could crawl back in bed, but I've got things to do today too.

Glad to hear you've got some better meds Tina.  I hope they kick in quickly, so you'll be back to your wonderful, energetic self.   I know, energetic is probably pushing it, though you have to be fairly energetic to keep up with a 2 year old.

Thread