Thread
Printable Version

The girly`s ......giggle box

Hi everyone! I've been off again for a few days (this time), dealing with my own medical issues. Not much to report on myself except that tonight is the premier of Lost (I know big news right).

Barb, I hope you are finding ways to keep warm, have you tried opening your oven door with it turned on. Don't go sticking your head in it out of frustration though. We all need you here, you are the glue that keeps us all together and sane. Or don't you know that?

Shinny, glad to hear you had a good time at the wedding. Irish weddings can be loooong, but they always have an open bar, which is great IMO!! We had similar heat to what you are describing up north (nice & cheap), but here in the south it's central air/heat (which is super expensive).

Meg, glad to hear that married life is treating you well. I hope you find all the love and support, at you new church that you need. The good ones always offer lot's of care in times of need. It's always great hearing from you, take care sweets.

Studio, I hope that Sofia's new adventure into the big world, bring her lot's of friends, fun and exciting things to learn. My girls were very sociable too, and being home all day, everyday wasn't what suited them either.

Well, I'm offf for a spin around the boards, catch up with you girls later!

Reply 3353#3353 nye87's post

Great to see you back, sorry about your computer that's a bummer. Congratulations on getting your license, that's awesome. The laws where I grew up (Maine), and the driving test are difficult too. The laws and driving test, here in Florida are unbelievably simple. You just drive around a parking lot with cones, and no parallel parking in the driving test.

Reply 3357#3357 themegababe's post

From what I've learned living in different states, it depends on the state. Regarding age requirement, in many states you can get a drivers license at 15yo, and in S. Dakota you can get it at 14y 3mo old. Driver license laws differ from state to state, some states (not all), require you to just take the written part of the exam to transfer an out of state license. When I moved to Florida I wasn't required to retake any part of the drivers exam.

As Meg stated if you hold a valid license from any state, you can drive anywhere in the US. If you move to another state, you are required to transfer you license to that state.  

I too can't eat chocolate, it makes me extremely ill nausea/vomiting/migraines, it's definitely my enemy. When i did eat chocolate, I enjoyed the dark over the milk. It's funny, I find the milk chocolate bland, and the dark chocolate rich in flavor. It's strange, how everyone tastes certain things differently.

Hey gals, sorry to hear you all are going through such adjustments, I hope it all works out for all of you. Sorry I've been MIA, nothing I could do to avoid that. I'm going through some major adjustments of my own and doing it on my own is making it difficult. I apologize but I'm not comfortable talking about the past year on an open board. If any of my old friends (mods included), would like the whole truth as to why I was absent for so long, I'd be happy to share it with you via PM.
Other than that, I'm back and hopefully there will be no more hold backs to keep me from here. I've missed all of you and this site, it's kind of like my online home. I just hope that my absence hasn't jeopardized my once good standing here.

Reply 3777#3777 bala's post

Thanks bala!

Although I don't know much about the new player, I really like it. It works way better that Real ever did for me, and I can know use the EU server. I had one issue with some type of message, didn't read it, then I switched to EU server and no problems since then. I hope that they get the bugs worked out for the members that are having problems and we get to keep the new player, I really like it. What about you??

Ugggh, I've had two sleepless nights, and I feel like I could fall asleep on the head of a pin. Unfortunately, when I close my eyes, my thoughts just keep spinning. There are few things I dislike more than insomnia. Well more than a few things, but you get my point. I'm tired!!!

Oh, and I'm checking out the Google Chrome, it's great with one exception, it wont allow me to preview my posts. I can get to the page that allows you to change font size, color, etc.... but it wont let me see what my post looks like prior to submitting. Has anyone else had this issue and is there a way to fix it?

Reply 3794#3794 sanggye's post

Thanks, that would be great. Like I said I can click on Preview Post, on the thread and it will take me to the page where you can change your font color, size, etc....But when I click on Preview Post to see how the color and style turned out, it does nothing, it only allows me to submit what I've written. Which if you're leaving links and things that second preview is a big help in making sure the link shows properly and links to the correct page. I'm going to check out the preferences on Chrome, maybe there is something in there that will help.
Thanks again.

BTW, I'm Gypsy nice to meet you!

Reply 3797#3797 sanggye's post

Thank you, I'm not sure if I can use that extension as I have a Mac and it's an IE extension. I guess it's back to Firefox, Safari or even Opera is a good browser too. I've got plenty to choose from, but I really like this Chrome for everything else. I guess I could just use another browser for this site and Chrome the rest of the time until there is a Mac fix.
Thank you again

Reply 3799#3799 shinny's post

Thanks Sinead, that would be great if they could fix this small issue. I am loving the Chrome browser and switching back and forth is a little bit of an inconvenience, but I'm dealing with it.
Thanks again!

Barb, sorry to hear you're still having the bangers on a daily basis, I know how much they suck. This Doc sounds like a quack if you ask me, just hang in there girlie, I know what it's like to be in constant pain, just know that you have lot's of people praying for you.
I'll try to check in again tomorrow, no promises just know I'm thinking of you.
Hugs, your other pea.

Reply 3850#3850 bala's post

We appreciate the apology, and although you didn't mean it to be offensive, it was. And bala you have been a member here for more than 4 yrs, at some point it has to occur to you to start reading your posts, and look to see if it may offend both men or women, before you post it (especially after all the warnings). This wasn't just one offensive post out of the blue, it was just the one out of many that we Mods have discussed or a Mod/Mods has gotten a complaint about something you said, that we finally said enough. I say this so you will stop and realize that what you say, and how you say it, affects other people. So that you will really start to pay attention to what you post.

Reply 3855#3855 shinny's post

I plan on just vegging out in front of tv, if head isn't banging, otherwise I'll remain in my cave. So nothing exciting planned for me.

Reply 3857#3857 studiojek's post

Thankfully my little ones are all grown up, and I was in good health for their childhood. I remember those days of not having time for anything but them, I do miss that need sometimes. I would love to get out of my cave, but the head banging keeps me in.
Enjoy your dinner, it's always nice to get out and be around adults when you have babies.

Reply 3863#3863 gabsimom's post

Tina, you must be so excited to have your hubby & son coming home. I bet you missed them bunches!!

The banging is now a mid thump, so am able to spend some time on the laptop, but still stuck in cave, at least things are a bit better.

Reply 3926#3926 waterlilybarb's post

I wish there were a headache guru for me.....Unfortunately my bangers are unrelated to what Barb is going through, did try the acupuncture with no relief. hope you can find the funds for this guru, BTW what kind of Dr is this guru. Let me know when you're up for a phone call, a lot has happened and I could use my other pod member.
Feel better sweets!!

Hi everyone else miss being around!

PS: bala embrace your 30's they are the best years of your life....you should have passed the immaturity of your younger years and the wisdom will make them awesome, as long as you let them and don't get hung up on a number (age).

Thread