Thread
Printable Version

The girly`s ......giggle box

Reply 1098#1098 meljones_83's post

YUM!  I agree with Tina, chocolate would be good!
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 1106#1106 gabsimom's post

That must have been Mel.  She probably felt bad for eating her cake in front of us...especially after posting a yummy chocolate cake recipe in TV Dinners (I think it was her).

Be careful...chocolate is poison to dogs.  Now shoo!

I'm out for a while...thought I'd drop by with a quick hello and a treat to keep you all happy while I'm gone.

Here's some fruit and marshmallows for dipping.

and  

Enjoy!

Reply 1110#1110 gabsimom's post

It's all good!  Chocolate in any form would be good right about now.

BTW, you girls should check out the Which Gilmore Girl Are You? quiz.  It's fun, and I'm curious as to who you all match up with.

Reply 1115#1115 meljones_83's post

Hi Mel!  I just logged on a little while ago.  I had to check my forums before I could stop by the fun house.  I forgot to tell how much I like your new avatar.  It appears to be a pink gerber daisy.  Daisies are my most favouritest flower.   It makes me smile when I see it, especially on a grey day like today.

Reply 1117#1117 meljones_83's post

I LOVE daisies for weddings.  They're so fresh and cheerful.  Both of those bouquets are lovely.  I really like the orange ones for autumn weddings.  

Have you decided on any of the colours for your wedding yet?   Maybe, if it wouldn't clash with the others, you...as the bride...could have pink flowers and the others (especially the fellas ) could have a different, less feminine colour.

Reply 1119#1119 meljones_83's post

Sounds very nice.  I think either would be lovely, depending on how much colour you prefer.

Reply 1122#1122 mrstankreynolds's post

Thanks for sharing Tracey!  You sound like you have your hands full at the moment with all that packing and getting ready to move.  I sure don't envy you all that work.  It will be a good excuse to get rid of clutter though.   It sounds like you have a nice family, and that they're doing all they can to help.  I'm also certain you'll be happy to live nearer to them.

I love animals, and agree with you...if they're not in pain and have a good quality of life then they should be allowed to stay as long as possible.  I'm sure your dogs have brought you much joy over the years.  I have cats, since I live in an apartment, but have had dogs in the past.  They're such wonderful companions.  I'm sure they also bring joy to your hubby.

The nice thing about our little site is that it's welcoming to people of all ages.  We work hard to keep it free from SPAM and other nasty things so that everyone can enjoy themselves and know this is a safe place to come.  Welcome to our little community.  I sure hope you'll continue to join us once you've moved.  It's nice to have new people around.

I'm so glad that you're enjoying playing the games and participating in the forum.  Feel free to stop by our "girly's giggle box" whenever you want.  The kettles always ready and we've always got treats for any of the gals that drop by...and the occasional dog too.

Take care and don't wear yourself out with all that work.  Take a break when you need one, and watch a show over on the VIP channel.

p.s. Hi Gypsy!  Don't want you thinkin' I forgot about you.  I'm just watching tonight's "Hallmark Hall of Fame" movie on TV.  They're usually pretty good, so I'm hoping it will be enjoyable (and not too sad).  Talk to you later.

Reply 1131#1131 themegababe's post

Feel free to tell me about your plans girls.  I love weddings and the planning that goes into them.  I'm a very contented single gal, but it's awfully nice to see young people...or people of any age, for that matter...taking the step to spend their life with the person they love.  If you find your friends getting tired of hearing about wedding talk, know that I'll be here to listen to your discussions of colours, flowers, favours and all the other details that go into planning such a splendid day.  Whether it's a big wedding or a smaller one, they all need good planning.

If I had the energy, I could have made a great wedding/party planner...I've helped many friends over the years and am a great organizer.

p.s. Mel, since your wedding is in October, I think the orange flowers would be fabulous, if you're looking to add a splash of colour.  They make great buttonholes for the fellas too (with a bit of greenery), without making them feeling like they've been girly-fied.

I'm positively knackered!

One day out and I'm ready for the glue factory...just pitiful.  

I feel like I've been beaten up by this guy:

One swift kick by a ninja cat and I'm done like dinner.

Reply 1137#1137 gypsiegirl66's post

Be grateful nobody did something like this

to you.  You'd really wish you had claws then.

I'm feeling a bit like this:

Though I will admit, with my new haircut, I'm slightly better coiffed...and my eyes are green.

p.s. I LOVE the cartoon, Penny!  Gave me a real giggle.  You sure put it in the right thread!

Hey girls!

Reply 1150#1150 meljones_83's post

Funny, my cats always hop in the suitcases when I'm packing to go away.

Reply 1155#1155 meljones_83's post

Miss Mel!  
Hope you had a nice visit.

I also see you were in time to catch this leg of the race.  Good for you!

Reply 1157#1157 gabsimom's post

If it's an herbal tea that will help me sleep...count me in.

Reply 1159#1159 gabsimom's post

Oh, if only that worked!  I'm SO beyond tired I couldn't begin to think of a word to describe it.  But I'm ever hopeful that I'll sleep tonight.

Reply 1161#1161 themegababe's post

I hope tonight proves uneventful for you Meg.  Tummy bugs are NO fun!  I'm still "wishin', and hopin', and...prayin'"....for sleep.  I've turned the ringer off on the phone so if I do get some zzz's, I won't be disturbed.  At least I did laundry today and have clean sheets on my bed and clean pj's on me.   I'm doing everything I can think of to make things more conducive to sleep...but sometimes insomnia just has to run it's course.  I just wish it would hurry up and finish already.  My bed is at the finish line.

Reply 1164#1164 gypsiegirl66's post

I was seriously considering asking my roommate to use something like that on me last night.   I got a little bit of sleep, but not the restful kind.   I'm ever hopeful of a nap sometime today.  If nothing works...I may well use a mallet to knock myself out.

Reply 1166#1166 imarielle626's post

Rambling is always allowed in here.  I hope you're able to get some sleep tonight too, almost as much as I hope I'm able to get some sleep.

Reply 1168#1168 imarielle626's post

ROFL!

Thread