Thread
Printable Version

The girly`s ......giggle box

Reply #697 gypsiegirl66's post

I never wear black to funerals.  It's too depressing.  I wear something with colour, but understated so as not to offend anyone.  My family like to celebrate life, and even as we lose another member, it's the life we remember and not the death.  I'm mostly glad for my cousin, though this is a difficult time.  He's been ill himself, so taking care of his dad was really taking a toll on his health.  I think it's a relief for him, which I understand.  Watching someone you love suffer is often more painful than losing them.

Now on to more cheerful topics.  Is the band playing on today?
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Think they'll find anything?

I know it's not the TV with me either.  I've had migraines since I was a teenager, and they run on both sides of my family...my Mum and my uncle (father's brother).  I have read that some women get relief after menopause.  Though I'm years away from that...I hope it's true for me.

Reply #703 gabsimom's post

I know some of mine are hormonal, but they are on the opposite side of my head than my usual migraines.  The rest are often caused by change in the barometric pressure.  I've had MRI's, CT scans and brain scans, so I know there isn't any sinister reasons for my pain.  Too bad I live in a place where the weather changes at the drop of a hat.  That doesn't help.  

Thank you too for your condolences.  I feel a bit odd, he and I weren't close.  In fact, though he loved me, he didn't like me very much...from the time I was a little kid.  I was a very bright youngster, and (being the '70's...he did some drugs) I used to freak him out when he was high.  I'd run around, pigtails flying, cackling...saying "I'm a witch!"  He actually thought I was...and I don't think he ever stopped thinking that.  Funny what drugs will do to your brain.  In the end, he did respect me, and we just agreed to disagree.

I'm off for a bit

Catch you later girlies!  I'm off to get a few things done before the day gets completely away from me.

I'm excited for the season premiere of ER tonight.  Don't want any distractions when that's on, so off I go.

Reply #707 gypsiegirl66's post

Aww, well thanks for saying I'm not a witch.   Families can be strange, can't they?

Hey Dan...are you SURE it's not your eyes?  They look about ready to pop!

Reply #711 gypsiegirl66's post

Well weren't you looking discombobulated last night?

Today is slow...so far.  I'm just doing a quick check of my forums to see what's happening, and then I might actually watch a show...shocker!  I sometimes get so busy answering posts, I don't have time to watch anything myself.  Not today.  I'm tired, and am taking some R & R.

Reply #715 Christy1994's post

Here you go Christy: Friendvista on Facebook.

Reply #717 Christy1994's post

Happy to help!  

I see it's been quiet here for a few days.  Well, I'm out of here in a minute to take a nap, but feel free to party without me.  I'll pop in after I wake up.

Reply #719 gypsiegirl66's post

Well then the rest of you can party, but keep the noise down OK.  Gypsie and I both need our beauty rest...how else do you think we maintain our youthful glow?   

p.s. If you do party...save us some goodies.  I know I'll want something to nosh on when I get up, and Gypsie might too.

Reply #728 gabsimom's post

Good thinking Tina (re: only eating, not cooking, the bread).  Glad you're getting to see more of the country.  It always gives you a better understanding of the people (in any country) when you get away from the city.  Sounds like you had an enjoyable, if eye opening, experience.  I'd love to travel...and will someday, but I'm just the teensiest bit envious of you on your travels.

Well, I'm finally going to watch the season premiere of Atlantis.  So I'll catch you all later.

Reply #734 gypsiegirl66's post

Reply #732 gabsimom's post

Don't forget to bring us back some presents.

Reply #738 Tobbi's post

Here you go Tobbi...I'll give you one.

Reply #737 gypsiegirl66's post

Your wish is my command.   Poof!  It's done.

Reply #742 Tobbi's post

Not so.  Our admins are in China, one of our mods is in Singapore, we have many members from Europe...especially the UK, and I know at least one active member In UAE.

Reply #745 Tobbi's post

We also have some Australians here...their even further south than you.

No you didn't get a real medal, but I thought a virtual one would do for now.

Reply #751 gypsiegirl66's post

Why THANK YOU my dear.   

I just awoke from a nap, and a cup of tea would go down quite nicely...and what a beautiful china cup.

In reply to your previous post, I'm a little envious that you got more sleep than I.  I'm ever hopeful of a proper night's sleep tonight.
And I'll be happy to give you the works.  Is it cream & sugar?

Reply #754 gabsimom's post

Glad to here it.  Was your hair REALLY long?  I know when I was younger and had long hair, it gave me headaches, though not migraines, because it was so heavy.  Anyway I'm glad you're looking forward to some relief.

As for you Miss Gypsie...how do you fit the coffee in the mug?   It looks to me like it would be filled up cream & sugar.

BTW, I'll be away for the weekend...leaving early in the morning.  If I don't catch anyone this evening, I'll see you when I return.

Reply #761 gypsiegirl66's post

Thank you for the welcome.  As you can see by the date, I was delayed, but it sure is nice to be home.   

The bunny is TOO cute.

Reply #763 gypsiegirl66's post

Just had a chance to skim through the chat in here while I've been away.  That's one big cup..ahem..pot, you use to drink your coffee from my dear.

Tina...I bet you're looking fabulous, with your new do, and I hope that a bit less weight on your head helps to hurry you to painfree days.   I haven't seen the new episode of Atlantis yet.  That's on tomorrows agenda.   Can't wait to see what happened.

Thread