Thread
Printable Version

The girly`s ......giggle box

yay gypsy we get to have you back soon!  but i do hope that your vacation was restful and hlped you heal!

Also, you are so right about kids.  Sometimes I want those to cuddle up to also. But then I think, no, I need to go back to school and do other things first, I mean, I'm only 22.  So they can wait.  But I know that someday I will have them, and it will be great.

Reply 1281#1281 themegababe's post

Yes Meg, I have been healing pretty well and am feeling much better, thank you.

Children are a wonderful gift, but the best thing you can do for you and any future children you may have, is get a good education before having them. There will be plenty of time for cuddling lttle ones, so enjoy your youth and learn as much as you can. So, that you can teach you children, tl be good upstanding adults when they grow up. Also, so that when they are bigger, you have something to fall back on.......
Like a good education.

haha well i already have my bachelors, so I know I would be fine if I had kids now. Besides that fact that we want to have an amazing time to ourselves just to enjoy each other first! haha  But I want to go back to school for my masters and doctorate, which i could always do at 30. but the plan is to get it all under my belt now! haha

So glad you are feeling better.

Why is the site so quiet lately?  Is it because there are not very many new shows out?

Reply 1283#1283 themegababe's post

That's my thought, Meg.  I think when they don't have new shows to watch, people get busy with other things.  Also, since many watch their shows here, they come right over from the VIP site after they've watched a show or while they're waiting for it to buffer.  Hopefully, with the winter/spring onslaught if new shows and seasons we'll be a bit more active soon.  I think the Lost forum will really liven up come February 1st, since it begins in North America on January 31st.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

This site does seem quite lately.  Well, every board except for free chatting.  Every day there are some new threads added there.  I've had my Gossip Girl quiz open for over a week just because I haven't gotten that many responses.  I guess people just assume that with the writers strike and no new shows there is nothing to do on here.  Hopefully the Race will bring some activity back.

Reply 1285#1285 imarielle626's post

I'm sure it will, along with your surprise.

Reply 1286#1286 waterlilybarb's post

oh yes, my surprise will bring back our members I just hope it all works out the way I see in it my mind.  I have a feeling it won't, but it'll still be fun!

So for anyone interested here is some interesting news from the Middle East.  Since this winter has been the coldest winter for a very long time (I don't remember the detail lol) a lot of people, particularly homeless people have died from the cold here in the Middle East.  It's crazy how cold it is here!  Especially for the girl from Miami.  On our coldest night so far (somewhere in the single digits during the day and i'm sure below freezing at night!), I was wearing 5 layers, then come home and add another since our apartment is like a wind tunnel for the cold.  Ventilation is poor in these apartments and apparently they don't know what a heating system of A/C is!  
☃  Although today was a warmer day (it's about 10⁰C and I'm only wearing a sweatshirt and sweatpants)!  My roommates and i are hoping to use this "heat" to take a trip to the beach.  We are hoping the sun will do some good for this illness that has spread through most of my program now.

[ Last edited by imarielle626 at 1-18-2008 20:06 ]

[ Last edited by imarielle626 at 1-18-2008 20:06 ]

So....  that seems very tragic to me. I mean, I know people are dieing in the streets of LA too, from cold (not often, but like the 5 days it is cold a year).  I try to do what I can to help. (I make beanies and blankets for Warm Up America, although that is slow on the uptake!)   And I do what I can to help. Is it still cold?  Is there somewhere I could send beanies or blankets or anything?

And what is your surprise Arielle?  Can I have some juicy details via pm??  or maybe i will just go check the mod board

I know what the surprise is......hehehehe!! Yes, I think that there will be lot's of members, coming back to join in all the fun.

Well, as you all can see, I'm back!!!

I was in a littles accident at the airport last night, I ended up spending a good part of the night at the hospital. Some people can be in such a hurry to get off those airplanes, I ended up with a dislocated shoulder and a torn rotator cuff, and I haven't even been to the ortho yet......good times, yep, good times.

Anyway, I just wanted to send a big.......

to everyone!!

Reply 1290#1290 gypsiegirl66's post

Did they trample you? Oh my the cold is so sad. And no Arielle they do not have heat or A/C because that's how you get sick and die, that and not wearing slippers in the house and leaving your hair wet even in the summer. (I was in the middle east for the cold part of winter and we went outside during the day to warm up, no joke) Yes please tell us if we can do anything to help the homeless.

Reply 1291#1291 gabsimom's post

Well, partly trampled and partly I caught the edge of my sneaker on this metal strip on the ramp, coming off the plane. I grabbed a railing and was holding on (cause people kept running and bumping into me),I was kind of hanging by my arm. I had my bag on that arm too. My arm got all twisted and I heard a crunch and a tearing sound. Someone from the airline finally came and made an area so people could pass around me. They called an ambulance, it was a memorable night. One of the ones, you'd rather forget.

[ Last edited by gypsiegirl66 at 1-18-2008 22:37 ]

OMG that is terrible. I can't believe no one stopped and asked if you needed help. Stupid jerks.  I bet the airline is worried you are gonna sue.
Glad your back.

Reply 1293#1293 gabsimom's post

Thank you, I'm just worried about how this is going to heal......

Reply 1294#1294 gypsiegirl66's post

Hello sweetie!  Sorry your return was so memorable...and not in a good way.

Here's a little something to cheer you up.

At least you have a good internet connection at home.  Rest up and catch up on some shows.

Reply 1295#1295 waterlilybarb's post

Thank you sweet pea,
it's good to be back where I belong.......

Me resting......

OWW that does not sound pleasant (slight understatement there!)

Hope you get better soon xx

Well Ive been nose in books for the past two weeks as they just threw tons of coursework at us in the very first week back after Christmas   talk about in at the deep end!

Seems to be settling down slightly now, still have loads of notes to type up and reading to do but no more 12 hour panicked essay writing!

Besides the wounded gypsiegirl I hope that everyone is doing well
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass ..and I'm all out of bubblegum

Oh Gypsie! I hope you are feeling better.  As for your worry about it healing, physical therapists can work wonders these days, so worst case scenario you pay the physical therapist a couple visits.  My sister got injured running cross country and after one visit tot he physical therapist, he had her good as new and she has been running great ever since!  But, I can't believe the lack of empathy the other people on the plane showed for you.  No one would stop for even a second to see if you were okay!  Sometimes people are just so focused on themselves.  We need more altruists in this world!

Speaking of which, I don't know what can be done for the homeless people dying in the Middle East.  Most of the instances that have been reported were in Syria, Saudi Arabia, and various other Arab countries that Israel is not too interested in helping, especially since a couple days ago we had to shut down our boarder with Gaza because they were sending out bombs.  If I hear of anything to help, though, I will let you all know.

As for my surprise, just check the Mod board.  There is a full description there.  And let me know if you would like to help out.

Reply 1298#1298 imarielle626's post

Thank you Arielle, Phil and everyone, for your kind words. I'm sure I will be heading to PT, when the time is right. I will be seeing an ortho first, to make sure there isn't more damage than what the ER Doc's picked up on the x-rays. I agree, PT is an excellent tool, to help get people with injuries back on the road to recovery.

Hope you all.........

:Q  :Q  :Q  :Q  :Q  :Q  :Q  :Q  :Q
My head feels so good today!

Thread