Thread
Printable Version

The girly`s ......giggle box

Reply 1240#1240 waterlilybarb's post

Im going to start a "Big Boys Brigade" board. In protest then     LOL

Hi girlies!

Feels like I've been away for ages, had a pretty tough time over the holidays which has kept me away but am so very glad to be back. It's funny how a bunch of people I've never met can feel like such good friends, very comforting to know that you're all here! I'm sure my other half thinks I'm crazy!
Just been catching up with the giggle box and seems like I've missed loads, don't know how I'm going to manage to catch up with everything else!

There seems to have been some illnesses, I think there has been everywhere, so I hope that everybody is feeling better.

Catch you all around the forum!

[ Last edited by meljones_83 at 1-10-2008 21:01 ]
"You're on the ride, you might as well open your eyes!"

Reply 1242#1242 meljones_83's post

I know what you mean how the people on this site feel like friends you've had forever even though we've never actually met!  Our love and addiction to TV shows helps =)  Sometimes just coming on here and talking to all of you can make my day!

I think I've finally caught the little bug that has been going on.  I started feeling sick last night and today at work my Gannenet (like a kindergarten teacher) noticed I wasn't feeling well.  I ended up coming home from work and taking a 4 hour nap!  I'm just glad it's the weekend now so I can sleep off whatever it is that I'm getting so I don't have to miss anything.

Reply 1243#1243 imarielle626's post

You might do well to take that remedy you suggested to Tina.   I hope you're able to get all the rest you need, so you feel better more quickly.  I'm amazed you lasted this long without catching anything, what with the travelling and being with germy little kids all day.

Here's something that will give you that little extra incentive to get yourself well:

Hi Mel!  So glad to see you.  Things are on the upswing for me...keeping fingers crossed that they stay that way.
I totally know what you mean about how you feel about the friends you've made here.  I used to think people were crazy when they talked about stuff like that, but I now understand it completely.  It's quite amazing how close you can feel to people you've never met.

Hey Casper, go on and try to set up a "Big Boys Brigade".  Don't think I won't horn in on that too.   Just ask Gary (magic4u) how stubborn and tenacious I can be.  Besides, I doubt that many fellas would stick around as long as the girls have, here in the giggle box.  You're more than welcome to stay and play in here.  Dan (dognxtdoor) does, on occasion.  He adds that bit of testosterone that's needed to keep us sane, but we always welcome a bit more.  It's also nice to get a guys perspective occasionally.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Hope you're feeling better soon arielle.

And to anyone else feeling under the weather, flowers always brighten my day a little.

"You're on the ride, you might as well open your eyes!"

Reply 1245#1245 meljones_83's post

And they're DAISIES!   YAY!  They always brighten my day too.

Reply 1244#1244 waterlilybarb's post

Unfortunately the remedy I suggested for Tina is back home in Miami.  I found it in a remote Druze village here in Israel two summers ago when I was on a tour and I don't think I'll be able to find it again =(.  I just have to settle for plain peppermint tea.  Peppermint helps you sleep and sleep helps you get over being sick, so hopefully it'll work.

Mel, thanks for the flowers.  They look wonderful.  And the great thing about internet sent flowers, you don't have to worry about them dying in a couple days

Well I'm off to watch an episode of Men In Trees before bed.  I'll see you girls around tomorrow =)

hey girlies

Just stopped in because I was able to connect and wanted to say hi. I've been reading and didn't know I wasn't logged in until I tried to post here. Something is set on this computer that deletes the cookies every time I shut down, I don't knw how to change that.

Arielle, sorry to hear you got the inevitable bug , I guess being a teacher you couldn't escape it,eh?...... YOu're right sleep is the best medicine for the flu, I always find snuggling down and watching something funny helpful too. So, maybe a few episodes of MiT will help, get you out of the feeling.

Meg, like Barb said I'm still away and am playing hit or miss with my internet connection. I've been in touch with the company and promises, promises, promises, that it will improve...haha! I will be home next week so, that will be when I know for sure I can get a great connection. I've pretty much given up on trying too hard to get online, although when my friend staying with me tells me shes got a goods hook, I sometimes make an effort. I usually end up losing the connection after a couple of pages, so thats why I don't always go for it.

Tina, You take care of that little bunny, they need lot's of attention.....lol. I hope you are feeling much better sweetie, you need you energy for your little one.

Barb, I knew you'd get the lonely pea....  I hope that bug has left you and that all is going well. I can't wait to get back home so I can be here so much more, I miss you and the site so much. Take Care!!

I hope to see you all soon, I miss everyone so much!!!

Hi everyone sorry if I missed you. I have no attention span. I am on my 10th day of antibiotics and still have a sinus infection  What it going on? I am on the strongest stuff that is available. Sorry if I missed you and thanks girlies for your support. Casper stick around. I try to convert this to the Stargate thread all the time.

okay so I 'm totally behind but I really needed to respond to your post Arielle!
Thanks for the best wishes!  I never learned that from Emily, but my Mom taught me that.  And I noticed that no one else really knows that.  Maybe one other person said that.  So anyways, I cannot imagine being a mother.  I mean, I totally want kids, but  I want to wait like 5 years.  haha

well i am tired so i'm not gonna read the rest of the posts, tomorrow i will.  good night all!Ã¥

Also, I love the flowers too, Mel.  Thanks!   and I agree with the sentiment that you all feel like close friends.   Even thought I haven't been around much!

Testosterone alert...
Hi all sorry to here about this Flu virus getting everyone. I know a few of my family have had it back in the UK and its a real nasty one.
Hope you all feel better. heres a cute puppy to help you along

Get well soon from the Alpha Males

Reply 1252#1252 casper27's post

Thanks for the smile Casper.  I thought I was better, but I've caught another stupid bug now, and I can barely speak.  Good thing for keyboards.  It's awful for the folks who have phoned today though, since they could barely hear a word I said.  I'm trying to keep my big gob shut, and if I'm very good, maybe this bug will think I've gone and find another host to party in.

Tina...I can't believe that infection is still hanging on!  You're probably starting to become resistant to the meds, since  you've had so many infections...or the infection itself has morphed into one that's resistant.  Don't forget to eat your yogurt or take some probiotics while you're on the antibiotics.  I hope they kick in soon.  Poor girl...sinus infections SUCK! (<me attacking your infection )

Gypsy, sorry I missed you yesterday.  It's great to hear from you though.  I miss you, and am sure I speak for the rest of the girls when I say we can't wait 'til you're back home.  

Meg, your Mum sounds pretty cool.  I learned the "Best Wishes" thing from Emily Gilmore as well.  I highly doubt that's something my Mum knows even now - but we're fairly informal people.  She's taught me all the important things, including etiquette, which I'm sure you'll be more than capable of when the time comes.   My Mum was young when she had me, younger than you are now, and I think she did a pretty good job with both me and my brother.

To all those sickly...

have some chicken noodle soup.  It is the Jewish remedy to cure all illness lol.  I just had some myself and I am feeling a bit better.  At least now I'm not freezing in my apartment!  I miss having A/C and heating!!!

It seems everyone is sick at the moment, guess its that time of year. Im so tired of being sick, had some kind of cold for the past 2 weeks now and it just seem to get worse...
Having 3 kids running around isnt realy helping with the recovery and I start the university in a week, I really hope to be cured by then...Wouldnt be fun to go to the introduction week with sniffels. Would really make a bad fisrt impression..Yikes!
If im not better soon Im gonna have to make my awful infusion/decoction....taste horrible, but last time I had a nasty cold I took it and I got well really fast. I guess it could have something to do with the fact that  it tasted so bad I couldn´t bare to drink it anymore my body cured itself in no time...
Hope everyone is getting better soon and those who are still well stay well..

Hi girls...thought I would stop by and say hello....since all of you are still so sick I just had to take a few precautions.

Hope you feel better soon
A Fine Member of the Mod  Squad!

ugliest cat ever

Reply 1257#1257 gabsimom's post

THAT is NOT a cat!   Poor ugly thing.

Arielle, thanks for the chicken soup.   I'm actually going to have some for dinner because anything else would hurt to swallow.  I think all Grandma's, no matter what ethnicity, say to eat chicken soup (or some kind of soup).  I've read reports that prove there's some truth to it's medicinal powers.

Xareena, sorry to hear you're down too.  I sure hope you feel better before school starts.  If you DO have to take your concoction, and it works, will you share it with us?   

Dan the man, nice to see ya!  That hazmat suit is dead sexy. (<insert my best Scottish accent here.)

Hi everyone I just got back from my vacation in the emergency room. I am now on stronger narcotics and more antibiotics and prescription strength sudafed. And no I won't share anything but the infection.

Reply 1259#1259 gabsimom's post

Poor you!  I hope this round of meds finally does the trick.  You can feel free to keep your infection to yourself, thank you very much.  I feel crappy enough without having an infection too.  Get some rest and let the meds do their job!  

Thread