Thread
Printable Version

The girly`s ......giggle box

Reply 1219#1219 gabsimom's post

I hope you feel better soon!  Be sure to drink plenty of liquids!  You don't want to add dehydration to that list too.   And a good hot tea always helps.  I've got a nice blend I wish I could send you to help, but unfortunately there is only one place you can find this tea and that is a Druze village up in the north of Israel right near the Lebanon boarder.  They say the herbs can heal the common cold, as well as other viruses.  Here's the best I can do:
Just a pinch of these into a coffee filter and add to hot water with sugar

gives you a great

Try to get some rest and as Barb said, call someone for help.  No one in your condition should have to handle a two year old alone.  That's what friends are for.

Wishing you all a healthy & prosperous 2008!!!

Reply 1219#1219 gabsimom's post

Hey Tina, sorry to hear you're feeling so yucky, those sinus infections can be brutal. Get all snuggly wuggly down on the couch and pop a movie in for the little one (make sure he has his drink first). You won't be able to sleep, but might get one eye closed for twenty minutes. If your lucky, he'll doze off with ya..........in your dreams, eh?

Anyway sweetie.........

you get this!

Good Morning Girlies!

Well I'm off to work in a few minutes, but I had some extra time so I though I'd stop by and give you all a nice little wake up call.

Tina, I hope you were able to get some sleep and are feeling better.  And I hope everyone had a great New Year.

Oh, and I was just wondering if there is a way to change some settings so I don't have to type the code for the color everytime, it just does it automatically every time I post.  I looked in Member CP but couldn't find anything.  Maybe there is something I am missing.

Thanks girlies, and no you cannot have a preset type , still feeling yucky but at least I have better meds now.

Reply 1225#1225 gabsimom's post

Good Morning!...or rather, Good Afternoon!  Thanks Arielle, for the cheery wake-up.  I needed that this morning.   I SO wish I could crawl back in bed, but I've got things to do today too.

Glad to hear you've got some better meds Tina.  I hope they kick in quickly, so you'll be back to your wonderful, energetic self.   I know, energetic is probably pushing it, though you have to be fairly energetic to keep up with a 2 year old.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

It's going around!

I feel a bug coming on, and am hoping beyond hope that it isn't the flu.  So far it feels more like a stomach bug, because I viciously nauseous.  I'm feeling even more empathy for you now, Tina, because I don't have a little one to run after.  Thank heaven for small mercies.   

I'm off to make some ginger tea.

Reply 1227#1227 waterlilybarb's post

Oh no!  Well I hope you are both feeling better soon!

And you're very welcome for the cheery wake up.  I am not a morning person, but today for some reason I woke up in a very cheery mood (and an hour before my alarm).  It was weird because I haven't been having the best of days since I came back to Israel.  I think going home for the short period of time I did was not too good for me because the entire time I was there I just wanted to come back here, then when I finally did make it back here I started feeling homesick again.  I missed my mom's birthday for the first time ever and New Year's with the fam and Dick Clark lol.  But then I started watching Men In Trees.  Just three episodes into the first season and I already feel better.  A good laugh really can help raise your spirits!

Well, I am off to bed now because it is late (2 AM to be exact) and I've got to get up to meet the laundry guy.  He's had my clothes for two weeks and I am down to my last pair of clean clothes.  I really dislike that Israel does not have any coin laudromats, but I guess I shouldn't be complaining.  I never thought I'd look forward to doing my own laundry lol

Reply 1228#1228 imarielle626's post

Well, thankfully, I haven't gotten the flu but this bug I have is a tenacious little beastie.  I'm feeling a bit better (still can't stomach much), but will be glad when I feel like myself again.  There are so may things going around right now, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that this is all I catch.  Unfortunately, I had to venture out on the bus yesterday to go to the doctor, and between the bus & the doc's office, I felt like I was in a petri dish.  ICK!  Thank heavens for hand sanitizer.

Reply 1229#1229 waterlilybarb's post

Purell is my best friend!  I work in a Kindergarden where most of the kids are sick all the time.  Fingers crossed I haven't gotten sick yet.  I also joined the gym this past weekend here, and even though it can take any where between 30 minutes to an hour (depending on if the bus follows the schedule or not)  just to get to the gym one way, hopefully the exercise will keep my immune system strong (and keep me in shape).  I don't know how Israelis aren't all fat they eat everything fried or something equally as fattening!

I just got addicted to the Impossible quiz.  In the past hour I have gotten through to question 42.  It's a bit frustrating because everytime you lose your three lives you have to start over from the beginning.  I can do the first 41 questions with my eyes closed now lol.  It's a fun way to kill time.

Well I hope everyone who has been sick is feeling better and I wish you good health.  And for those of you who are healthy, I also wish you good health to stay healthy!

To all the sickly and the well.....(all my girlie's & a Dog)

I miss all of my girlie's here in the giggle box......you too little doggy!!

To Barb and Tina, I hope you are both feeling much better. Here's a cup of tea to soothe the soul......

Hey, I asked for tea with honey, not with bunnies.......hehehehe!!

Hey Barb, what is this......

[ Last edited by gypsiegirl66 at 1-9-2008 01:14 ]

I guess we have pets now.

Gypsy, are you back for good? I miss seeing you around!

But I hope everyone is feeling better.  Sorry I haven't posted in awhile, I got crazy busy at work and then went to my parents for a visit. And now I'm putting tons of energy into the wedding planning!  Less than 2 months to go!  yay!

Tina, how are you and the kiddo feeling?

And Arielle, I'm glad you found Men in Trees.  That is actually the free show that got me on this site, although now I come for lots more!  I say free because I found this site and wanted to watch season 7 of gilmore girls but didn't want to pay, eventually i paid the 10 dollars and watched the season, but by that time i was getting points and never had to pay again!  But Men in Trees was free when I started, and that's why I watched it so much! haha

And Barb, I've missed you too.  i miss you all!

Reply 1233#1233 themegababe's post

Hi Meg!  
Nice to see you! I can't believe your wedding is coming up so quickly.  You must be getting excited, and tired.

Gypsy is still in her island paradise and her connection is pretty rotten there.  Thankfully, it won't be TOO much longer before she's back home, and able to connect with us more regularly.

To Gypsy:
I saw that little pea.  Thinking of you too.

what is this? A moderator only forum or is it just all newbies been scared away??? considering the first few pages i mean..

[ Last edited by xareena at 1-9-2008 20:59 ]

This was originally another thread that was hijacked by Waterlilybarb and renamed accordingly. All girlies, Dogs and magical creatures/aliens are welcome not just mods. So welcome to our spot.

Reply 1235#1235 xareena's post

Hi Xareena!  

This is just a thread where we have a bit of fun.  The first few pages were magic's attempt to carve out a little place just for himself here in the forum.  It was originally titled Get Out!  This thread has been here since long before we had a Free Chatting Board, so it's really nonsensical.  Gary (magic4u) finally gave up and gave the thread to me...after months of my having fun annoying him, and the thread has since been renamed...courtesy of the original owner.

Everyone is welcome, especially the girls.     Hope to see every now and again (or all the time), but if not, feel free to stop by and read our nonsense.  Sometimes it's quite amusing.

Whatever you decide, I'd just like to say, Welcome to the girly's giggle box!   The kettle's always ready and there's usually something to nibble on too.  Feel free to take your shoes off and stay a while.

Reply 1235#1235 xareena's post

Nothing really.  This is just a place for us to vent if we need to, share what is on our minds, leave greetings to help our fellow girlies if they so need.  This is really just a place to come to escape.  Escape from what it's up to you.  And don't worry we are friendly and always open to newcomers!
**EDIT** you edited your post so this response no longer answers your question, but I left it up anyway.  Welcome to the girly's giggle box.  This is not a moderator only thread.  I actually think I was just a member when I first discovered this place.  If you would like to stay, we can guarantee a good time!  Whether you need to turn a frown upside down or just are bored and need a place go, you are always welcome here!

Meg...I am also glad I found Men In Trees.  I'd always wanted to watch it, but never got around to it.  I have a long list of those kind of shows.  I actually chose MiT over other shows on my list because our taste in shows seem to overlap a lot and you are a co-mod for it so I figured it must be good   and Best Wishes (not congrats...I learned that from Emily Gilmore lol) on your wedding day!  How exciting it is so soon!  The time sure will fly by!

Speaking of time flying...my baby brother becomes a teenager today (he turns 13).  I still think of him as the little boy I used to read Good Night Moon to every night before he went to sleep.  I can only imagine what it feels like to be a mother and watch your children grow up right before your eyes!

[ Last edited by imarielle626 at 1-9-2008 21:18 ]

Thanks for the responses..

Okilidokily, its good that Im a girl then, well i dont know if its actually acurate to call oneself a girl when you are 25 and have kids but hey, im still female..hehe
The reason I changed my question was cause I didnt realise until after I posted that there was a whole 62 pages..silly me..
Imarielle, I get that feeling you talk about seeing the younger siblings growing up,my youngest sister is now 14 and its weird since i remember her being a baby, time really flies now its not just my siblings growing up either its the kids...which really feels weird Ill tell ya.
But I guess you are still a bit too young for kids, gee now I feel old...
Ah well ill feel young when all my kids friends think I am their sister hehehehe...
Cheers for this page, it is fun to read the rants...
Til later...

Reply 1239#1239 xareena's post

I'm quite a bit older than you and still consider myself "one of the girls".  I don't think that is something you ever outgrow, because my Mum & Gran felt the same.   Age is only a number, and you're as old or young as you feel, provided that you still take care of your responsibilities.  My "little" sister just turned 25, and right now, I'd say she feels older than I do, just because of everything that's going on in her life (one thing being a fairly new baby & a jealous 6 year old).  It's all relative.

Glad you stopped by, and happy to provide some amusement with our "rants".   
See you around the forum and, hopefully, around here too .

Thread