Thread
Printable Version

The girly`s ......giggle box

Just had to share that.  It's too cute.
I call it Thumbelina Kitty.  

I'm here to say "Hi girls!" and also, "Bye" for a while.  I'm sleeping better...2 nights in a row...WOOHOO!...but am feeling a migraine coming on, so I'm outta here for a few hours at least.

Have a great day everyone!   

Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Oh how I hate jet lag!  I thought I had slept it off, but it is now 5:10 PM here and I am exhausted because back in Israel it is 12:10 AM.  I'm fighting so hard to stay awake because I need to get over jet lag by Friday when my family comes in for my brother's Bar Mitzvah.

p.s. That Thumbelina Kitty is too cute!

To All the Girlies!

I just wanted to stop in and say good-bye.  I'll be away for about a week, and NO internet access.  Everybody enjoy your time off and the chance to go home (for those that do).  I'm sure you'll all be refreshed from some family time...especially those of you who haven't seen your families in a while.

Tina, for covering for me.  It's greatly appreciated.

To my little friend in Paradise, I'll beI hope you have a good week and everything goes well.

And everyone...

Girlies & Sweet pea!!

Hey girlie's, feels like I just started to come back and wham I'm gone again. I am having major connection problems ugghh! Well, I should have expected it, it's common in Costa Rica. I have to sit and keep clicking and clicking till get connected. Then I'll write a long email or PM, and of course, I lose my connection (this may not send). I don't have the patience for that, this is me if I have computer problems that aren't fixable in a reasonable amount of time... Thank goodness, I have a friend that is staying with me that will sit and click away, I just wait till she has been connected for awhile and then I try.....hehehe. Still, it's qite frustrating since I (a computter junkie) have already been away for the computer for so long.
Anyhoo, that is where I am. I'm till recuping too, maybe this is some master plan to keep my mind and body at rest.....lol
I hope I get to come back soon, I'm off to bed. Figures I'd get connected when I'm totally exhausted.

To my little Sweet Pea, hope your having a great time!!!

Fingers crossed, that I don't lose my signal

[ Last edited by gypsiegirl66 at 12-26-2007 02:26 ]

Reply 1204#1204 gypsiegirl66's post

Message received!

Hello to all the girls.  Looks like everyone took the time off...from here at least. (tsk tsk)  I had a wonderful visit with my Mum and am now back home.  It's nice, but I wish I could have stayed longer.  She has the Space channel, and they're reshowing Battlestar Galactica: Razor tomorrow night.    You think they could have been thoughtful enough to air it while I was on vacation, but no.   I'm still waiting for it to arrive in the mail...(Canadian version of netflix).

Anyway, I'm back and the giggle box is officially reopened (not that is was officially closed .)  

Welcome Back!

Tomorrow is my last day of vacation.  It seemed to go by so fast!  I didn't get to do half the things i though I would while i was home.  Oh well, just more to do when I come home for good.  I just wish I were home for one more week so I could spend my mom's birthday with her and be home for the 2 hour season premeire of One Tree Hill.  As much as I love this site, nothing beats sitting down with the family and friends and a big bowl of ice cream to watch the long awaited premeire!

Reply 1206#1206 imarielle626's post

Thank you!
Wow!  That did go quickly!  How was your brother's Bar Mitzvah?  More particularly, how is your brother, is he acting any different?  Not that all do, but I've seen it happen where some young 'uns behave a bit differently after momentous events in their lives.

I know what you mean about enjoying a show, especially a premiere, with friends and family.  My Mum & I have a couple of shows we both love.  We do call one another during the commercial breaks, but it's not the same.  It's always fun when we get to sit and watch them together...and enjoy some snacks too.
How long before you're actually back to stay?  It must be hard for your family too (your being gone), especially since you're so far away.  It's different than just being away at university, when you're on the other side of the ocean.  I hope you get to enjoy your last day tomorrow, and pack in as much time as you can with your family.  I had a hard enough time leaving my Mum's...but any distance can be too far when you love someone.

My brother's Bar Mitzvah was a lot of fun.  The party planners turned the whole room into a baseball stadium and the kids just had a great time!  I had a great time just spending time with my family.  I got to see some of my cousins I hadn't seen in 5 or 6 years.  As for my brother, I haven't notice any change in the way he acts.  He's always been very mature for his age so the momentous occasion didn't go to his head, but he was sad when it ended.  Now, though, he gets to enjoy at least one Bar/Bat Mitzvah a weekend until Spring Break!  What a life!

I'm back to stay in June.  I'm on a 9 month program and have 5 and a half months left of it.  But I have to do summer school next summer so back to stay is actually 3 weeks until I have to pack up again for university.  At least this time I'm only going up the state instead of across the ocean.

Leaving is always the hardest part...whether it is sleepaway camp when your young, university, or just a visit back to the folks, it never gets any easier.  But as they say "absence makes the heart grow fonder".

Reply 1208#1208 imarielle626's post

I'm glad you all had such a good time.  Your brother will definitely be having a hard time of it, going to all those Bar/Bat Mitzvahs.

I must agree that leaving, no matter how many times or how old you get, never gets easier.  I'm not so sure of that old adage about absence making the heart grow fonder.  I'm sure it makes reunions nicer, but the love I feel for my friends and family is just as deep...no matter how long it's been since I've seen them, be it a year or a day.  I will say that it makes it easier to tolerate those relatives that you wouldn't want to see every day.

p.s. Have a safe trip back, and try not to get too jet-lagged.

Reply 1209#1209 waterlilybarb's post

Thanks.  I am now back safely.  Unfortunately my internet is not working here so I have to mooch off of the neighbors.  Well, at least some of them keep their networks unsecure!

I hope I am not as jet-lagged as I was going home.  I did not sleep a wink on the flight though.  I would read of watch a movie until I was too tired to do anything else, then the second I close my eyes for rest I no longer was tired anymore.  I don't know what was going on with me!  After a couple times of trying to sleep, I eventually gave up and imersed myself into my book.  I love a book that has a bit of everything...romance, action-adventure, mystery, and can teach me a few slang hebrew words

Reply 1210#1210 imarielle626's post

Glad to know you arrived safely.  I was thinking of you yesterday.   I'm glad your jet-lag isn't so bad this time.  Maybe it's because you weren't able to sleep on the plane.  Personally, I can never sleep while I'm travelling.  I wish I could on long trips because I get motion sick if I read for any length of time in any type of moving vehicle.  BTW, what's the book you were reading?  Is it in English, because it sounds like a good one if it has all the things you mention...even some Hebrew slang.

Reply Girlies & waterlilybarb's post

Arielle, so glad to ear you had a good, but all to short visit with your family. You are right it never gets any easier!

Barb, Whew, glad some of my messages are getting though. Also good to see you made it home safe!! I wish I could be here and be more active, but the internet connection down here, is not so great right now. It has never been great, but this is ridiculous!!

Anyway girlie's I wish I could be here,

Hey, anyone heard from Tina?

Reply Girlies & waterlilybarb's post

Arielle, so glad to ear you had a good, but all to short visit with your family. You are right it never gets any easier!

Barb, Whew, glad some of my messages are getting though. Also good to see you made it home safe!! I wish I could be here and be more active, but the internet connection down here, is not so great right now. It has never been great, but this is ridiculous!!

Anyway girlie's I wish I could be here,

Hey, anyone heard from Tina?

hopefully this will through soon, I've tried to send this 3x already (I've learned to copy/paste b4 sending all messages...hehehe)!!

yeah!!!

Reply 1213#1213 gypsiegirl66's post

looks like your posts go through sometimes even when you don't see them go through (hence the double post).  My internet was doing this a couple years back, but it ended out being an easy fix:  I had just gotten a new home phone in my room and for some reason the phone we bought interfered with my internet ( i didn't really understand the details)...the quick fix was buy a new phone.  It actually worked!  Who knew a house phone could interfere with the internet signal?!?

Reply 1215#1215 imarielle626's post

Gypsy will be heading back home in the not too distant future, so her connection will be good again.  That's a good suggestion for those who have dial-up.  I wouldn't have thought a new phone could make such a difference.  Nice to know, in case I'm ever in that predicament.  Thankfully, I have a cable hook-up and don't have to worry about the phone.

Reply 1216#1216 waterlilybarb's post

the funny thing is I don't have dial up at home.  My phone was actually interfereing with my wireless connection.  It had something to do with the frequency of the phone and the internet.

Reply 1217#1217 imarielle626's post

That will do it.  I had a cordless phone, but got rid of it when I went wireless, as it was on the same frequency.  I recently bought a new cordless phone, I just made sure to get one that wouldn't interfere with my wifi.  That would be totally unacceptable.   I'd rather have a corded phone than be stuck using my laptop on the living room sofa.

I am here, I just have another really bad sinus infection, this one includes face pain headaches (some migrane) and of course toothaches and no sleep for the past 3 days. what joy. oh and my husband is out of town and I am alone with a 2 year old. Did I mention vertigo, and fainting in the kitchen? oh and eating, forget about it. At least I am alive

Reply 1219#1219 gabsimom's post

Poor girl!  That's just miserable.  I was hoping you'd seen the last of those sinus infections.  I'm glad you're still alive, but try and rest, as best you can, and if possible, call a friend to help you out with your boy.  Wish I was nearer, I'm an awesome baby-sitter (when I don't have a migraine).

Thinking of you & sending "Get Well" wishes.   
Are they working yet?

Thread