Thread
Printable Version

The girly`s ......giggle box

Reply 1178#1178 philryk's post

Giggle! It's just a joke to help a fellow insomniac sleep.

Speaking of sleep...I can't wait to sleep in my own bed in 4 days!  I think it will be the first real good night sleep I get in a long time.  Especially after a 13 hour flight home.

to fellow insomniacs

Is this Deja' vu?

This is my typical, sleepless night.........

Reply 1182#1182 gypsiegirl66's post

haha thats is exactly how my nights go too!

Reply 1180#1180 waterlilybarb's post

Thank you. Is it a job when you are having fun with friends?

Reply 1182#1182 gypsiegirl66's post

The only difference in my case, is it's the phone that rings not the alarm.  I was doing well last night...kinda...but forgot to turn off the ringer to the phone.  It woke me up at 8:15, which would be OK normally, but since I only REALLY slept for 3 hours, I was NOT happy, especially since it was a telemarketer!    And two more called this morning!  
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Have a great flight back home Arielle!  Drink lots of water and try not to sleep too much, that's the best way to avoid jet lag.

Barb, this is going to sound really weird,  but i have a few suggestions.  Drink a glass of warm milk about a half hour before you go to bed.  It has the same chemicals that are in turkey that make you tired.  And also, keep a little pad of paper next to your bed, so you can get out your throughts before sleep.  And if you wake up in the middle of the night and don't want to forget something, you can write it down and then not dwell on it.  maybe you already knew all of that though!

Reply 1186#1186 themegababe's post

It doesn't sound weird, sometimes the warm milk works for me, and I've tried it this time 'round.  This time tryptophan isn't strong enough to knock me out.   As for the notepad, also a great idea, and have tried it, but it's not my mind keeping me awake.  This is a bout of pure insomnia.  It's one of the symptoms I sometimes experience with my illness, they tend to go in cycles, but this is definitely the worst bout of insomnia I've had in years.  Believe me, if I thought standing on my head and juggling would help me sleep, I'd be trying it.  Thanks for the suggestions though.  Those do work well for the occasional sleepless night and I definitely recommend trying them for those who haven't done so.  

Here's my tip if you don't really like warm milk...when you're heating it, add a cinnamon stick.  It infuses the milk with a cinnamon flavour which makes it much more palatable.  You can also sprinkle some nutmeg in it.

Reply 1186#1186 themegababe's post

Thanks!  I don't usually have too much of a problem with jet lag because I can't sleep on planes anyway, but i will try the drinking water suggestion.  Although it is hard now-a-days with the no liquids rule.

Yeah the whole noliquids thing is a bummer.  But you can buy something on the terminal side of security and take it on the plane.  You cannot just bring it in from outside.  So maybe buy a bottle while you are waiting.  And they do give free water, I remember on my flight from Salzburg I just kept walking to their little station asking for snacks and water. haha

Where is everyone today?

This site seemed very empty today.  By now usually there are more new posts.  Saturdays are very boring days for me because pretty much the whole country shuts down.  So I can usually rely on this site and the VIP channel to watch and discuss my fav shows to keep me entertained.  Maybe the writer's strike has scared people away. Or maybe everyone is just taking a much needed break now that the Amazing Forum Race has finished.

Maybe everyone's hiding!

"You're on the ride, you might as well open your eyes!"

Reply 1191#1191 meljones_83's post

Hahaha!  Good one Mel!   And Arielle, I hadn't thought of that...Saturday being the Sabbath...it would make things quiet.  It will be fairly quiet here tomorrow, as we're having a snow storm, which will keep most folks indoors.

I've not been here much today because I slept a bit...YAY...and I'm baby-sitting my 3 month old nephew for the night.   I did watch an episode of Stargate this afternoon.  Only 4 more episodes until I'm finished season 4...then only 6 more seasons to go. lol  I'm enjoying it though.  There are quite a few episodes I missed over the years, especially in the middle seasons.  Can't wait to start season 5.

I heard about that snow storm.  My friend almost missed her flight home because she though it was delayed because of the storm!

Have fun watching season 5 of Stargate!  It's nice to have old shows to catch up on now that current shows are on hiatus.  I just started season 7 of ER..only 7 more to go!  It's fun to watch old tv.  I've caught a bunch of guest stars who were just starting out their career then, but now have their own shows (like David Krumholtz).  Everyone is so young!

Hello, to all my girlie's!!
Well, it looks like this thread was quiet today! Anyone else have trouble, signing on to the sites earlier? Maybe that is why no one is around.

You are right about that Arielle, I've been watching, the complete series of 24. I've seen a few peeps, that were just starting out, that now have shows. Like, Blair from Gossip Girl, played in S4. She was the girlfriend of the son (Behrooz), of one of the terrorist cell members. She got killed off, for following Behrooz to the location of the terrorists. She was blond and looked much younger!!
Just a little trivia, I thought you'd like to know...  

I too had trouble getting on here yesterday night.  Something problem was wrong with the server or something because all other websites worked, just not the forum or the vip site.

I haven't gotten around to watchin season 4 of 24 yet, but i will definately be looking for her when I get around to picking up the series again!

Hey girls, I couldn't log in at all yesterday! Glad to be back today though.

Hope everyone is ok!

Reply 1196#1196 meljones_83's post

The site was down for most of the day yesterday, so neither could the rest of us...until quite late.  It was a bit of a bummer, since I was snuggled up inside due to the snow storm.  It would have been nice to watch some of my shows.

Nice to see you too.    Congratulations on winning The Amazing Forum Race!  Good on ya', girl!

Thanks, never thought I'd win it! I very nearly gave up a couple of times, so glad now that I didn't!

Reply 1198#1198 meljones_83's post

Mel...
you
Won
the
Amazing Race!!
That's
Fantastic!!

Barb, Im so happy to hear you were all snuggled down!! Did you sleep, more than one wink?? That is the real question, eh?  

Reply 1199#1199 gypsiegirl66's post

I actually had a fairly decent rest last night...first one in weeks.  I'm hoping it's the start of a trend.   I don't want to go away and sleep for a week.  I'd rather be rested so I can enjoy the time with my Mum.

And with that lovely thought, I bid you all bon noir, as I'm going to try and catch a repeat performance of last night's visit to the land of Nod.  

Thread