Thread
Printable Version

The girly`s ......giggle box

Awww, I have to pay more attention to the times. I thought your post was the same response, from early this morning Mel..........

The flowers for the wedding do sound lovely, are the men wearing black? I too think that pink Gerber Avatar is one of the best I've seen, I'm a daisy lover too!!

Do I smell boy scent in here?? No boys allowed, only the occasional dog!!

Hello all,
I am having a great time with the race.  everone is Great.  I love all the new shows that I would probably never had watched.  Being old and set in mt ways you know. Also for last 5 weeks I have been packing up our home of 16 years and moving to be closer to grandkids.  They are age 27 down to 20 months.  Time is a ticking away so me and grandpa is moving to Solo, MO.  I am so excited, that I was tempted to just pack up my dogs, my Barbies and Beanie's, and Computers and leaving all this junk.  lol
no such luck.  But poor grandpa is disabled and sons are out of state, but I am making headway getting everything packed.  I have about4 45-50% done.  I know doesn't sound like much, things accumulate over time. But hopefully my sister and nephew will be here Mon. & Tues. to help.  Then the following Monday I will pick up the big moving truck, and with the help of my youngest son and daughter-in-law and Savannah my youngest granddaughter load our stuff and get the show on the road.  They are day and night managers of a Dunkin' Donuts near Wisconson.  Thank god that my oldest and middle sons and family live within 25 miles of the home we bought.  So there will be help on the other end.  

Also me and hubby bought a 33' travel trailer with slider in LR that makes it bigger than the LR in the house I have lived in for almost 16 years.  I want to try being a Snowbird.  Largo, FL is planned for April, my husbands big Sister and family live there so we are planning to try out the TT then.  I want to go to Maine to see other middle son who is in Coast Guard. But I will be so nervous driving our new Chevy Silverado Ext w/3rd door and Travel Trailer, and tow car all the way to MO.  It is about 300 mile move.  

Oh, I almost forgot about moving my dogs, I have a 15 year old German Shepard/Wolf mix named Duke, who has cataracts and arthritis, and then there is Katie, she is a basset hound. Katie and Hootch blessed me with more than 60 puppies, thank god that was only 6 whelps before I had our vet make her Hootch'ies play toy.  She is 16 years old and her mate of 14 years passed away on Oct. 10th this year, he would have been 19 years old on the 21st of December.  He was the perfect Basset Hound, smart, beautiful and oh, so happy.  Long ears, short bow-legs and big voice.  He is really missed. But I am almost glad, because he had had 3 strokes the last year or so, he had trouble using his hind legs sometimes.  He was completely blind the last 7 years or so. But that dog amazed everyone, he was so happy in his fenced in yard with his double-wide doggie house.  I almost felt guilty making him move.  Of course a lot of well meaning people offered their advise "to just put him down".  But my vet said   that since he wasn't in pain, he was so happy, that the next time someone offer's advise, that thanks but he is fine.

Well better finish my work.
see ya all later!

Reply 1122#1122 mrstankreynolds's post

Thanks for sharing Tracey!  You sound like you have your hands full at the moment with all that packing and getting ready to move.  I sure don't envy you all that work.  It will be a good excuse to get rid of clutter though.   It sounds like you have a nice family, and that they're doing all they can to help.  I'm also certain you'll be happy to live nearer to them.

I love animals, and agree with you...if they're not in pain and have a good quality of life then they should be allowed to stay as long as possible.  I'm sure your dogs have brought you much joy over the years.  I have cats, since I live in an apartment, but have had dogs in the past.  They're such wonderful companions.  I'm sure they also bring joy to your hubby.

The nice thing about our little site is that it's welcoming to people of all ages.  We work hard to keep it free from SPAM and other nasty things so that everyone can enjoy themselves and know this is a safe place to come.  Welcome to our little community.  I sure hope you'll continue to join us once you've moved.  It's nice to have new people around.

I'm so glad that you're enjoying playing the games and participating in the forum.  Feel free to stop by our "girly's giggle box" whenever you want.  The kettles always ready and we've always got treats for any of the gals that drop by...and the occasional dog too.

Take care and don't wear yourself out with all that work.  Take a break when you need one, and watch a show over on the VIP channel.

p.s. Hi Gypsy!  Don't want you thinkin' I forgot about you.  I'm just watching tonight's "Hallmark Hall of Fame" movie on TV.  They're usually pretty good, so I'm hoping it will be enjoyable (and not too sad).  Talk to you later.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Wow, that is quite the story you have there, thanks for sharing. I wish you luck in your move, I know how much work it is, I've moved many times over the years myself. I was born and raised in Maine and now live in Florida, I know that you will love both. I think Maine has a much more beauty myself, maybe I just have seen enough of FL. I don't have any dogs, I do have a bunny her name is Gypsy (I use that name here), you can find her story one or two pages back.
I look forward to seeing you around.
Thanks again for sharing!!
Gypsy

Reply 1123#1123 waterlilybarb's post

Hey sweet pea, good to see ya.......

I'm just hangin out & relaxin, hehehe!!

hmmmm...whats this place
Come Over To The Dark Side, We Have COOKIES!!!!!!

Reply 1126#1126 mamaeyeore's post

This is our girlie room, we come here to chat about, all things unimportant. All girlie's are welcome to come and chat, we serve a variety of sweets, coffee and giggles.

If you page back you'll see,
we're all......

I have a class A CDL license, and would be nervous with an extended cab silverado pulling a 33 foot travel trailer and a tow car OMG... Why have the two of you not just thought about paying for someone to deliver the tow car.

I am sure you will do fine, but honestly I wish it required special licenses for people like yourself on the road. Do not take this personally, but you should have a CDL. I don't think the average driver can safely handle that much vehicle. I feel this way since having been taught how to pull such large trailers.

A Fine Member of the Mod  Squad!

Oooh mel you are getting married too!  Sounds like we have similar colors! My bridesmaids are in mocha and peridot (kind of a sage green).  But their flowers are roses.  My fiance doesn't care much about the flowers though. I have avoided daises because it is my roommate's fave flower and she is crazy and would accuse me of using "her flowers" for my wedding. haha not like she's engaged.  but yeah, i like the roses better any ways!

Reply 1129#1129 themegababe's post

That sounds really nice, those colours go well together. (Well, duh, that's probably why u chose them! Ignore my stupid comments, it's late here!) When is your big day? I still have nearly a year to go, it's gonna be October. When it gets closer people may have to just tell me to shut up, I know wedding talk irritates a lot of people!!

(In answer to gypsy a while back, yes the men will be wearing black.)

[ Last edited by meljones_83 at 12-3-2007 23:24 ]
"You're on the ride, you might as well open your eyes!"

haha mine is in 3 months, 4 days.  We got engaged in September, so it has been very quick!  haha  That is a great time though, October, that is!  But yeah some people have gotten sick of wedding talk, but others just keep asking all about it.  And yeah, my guys are in black too! There are 7 groomsmen and 3 ringbearers.  haha  Lots of people!

Reply 1131#1131 themegababe's post

Feel free to tell me about your plans girls.  I love weddings and the planning that goes into them.  I'm a very contented single gal, but it's awfully nice to see young people...or people of any age, for that matter...taking the step to spend their life with the person they love.  If you find your friends getting tired of hearing about wedding talk, know that I'll be here to listen to your discussions of colours, flowers, favours and all the other details that go into planning such a splendid day.  Whether it's a big wedding or a smaller one, they all need good planning.

If I had the energy, I could have made a great wedding/party planner...I've helped many friends over the years and am a great organizer.

p.s. Mel, since your wedding is in October, I think the orange flowers would be fabulous, if you're looking to add a splash of colour.  They make great buttonholes for the fellas too (with a bit of greenery), without making them feeling like they've been girly-fied.

same here...i love to hear about weddings, went through mine last august...i did all the planning and the hubby just showed up on time... ..even tho thats not what he'll tell ya
Come Over To The Dark Side, We Have COOKIES!!!!!!

I'm positively knackered!

One day out and I'm ready for the glue factory...just pitiful.  

I feel like I've been beaten up by this guy:

One swift kick by a ninja cat and I'm done like dinner.

I captured him for you.

MY HUSBAND IS ALWAYS CALLING ME AN OLD FART, SO WHEN I SAW THIS ON THE WEB I LAUGHED MY BUTT OFF!

Attachment: Your usergroup does not have permission to access attachments
Love starts with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a tear.

What do ya think?

My hairdstylist moved,
I don't think the new one Is working out!

Whoa!! Thats some hair. ahh the ninja cat is loose.

Reply 1137#1137 gypsiegirl66's post

Be grateful nobody did something like this

to you.  You'd really wish you had claws then.

I'm feeling a bit like this:

Though I will admit, with my new haircut, I'm slightly better coiffed...and my eyes are green.

p.s. I LOVE the cartoon, Penny!  Gave me a real giggle.  You sure put it in the right thread!

Reply 1139#1139 waterlilybarb's post

I think I see you!!

Barbs, right Penny, made me ROFL...hahahaha!!

[ Last edited by gypsiegirl66 at 12-5-2007 02:57 ]

Thread