Thread
Printable Version

The girly`s ......giggle box

Are they gone yet? No, I thought you left the Iris open.

Reply #440 waterlilybarb's post &#441 gabsimom's post

What on earth are you two talking about???.....LOL And gabs, In post #437, what is that thing in your backyard in the bottom pic? You girls are sure a lot of fun, I always get a good laugh when you two get going, along with a few other mod's sometimes.

Barb, I have a chair similar to the one in your pic, it's great to curl up in with Wentworth Miller (ooops sorry that was a dream) with a good cup of coffee, open my laptop and watch a few shows. Nice and cozy.

gabs, I love your pool, fire pit and the whole veranda. It looks really awesome, I bet you have some fun there. Do you have a hot tub?? Oh that would be so nice, to have a hot tub.....mmmmm....yep, wont go there. I'm in a fantasizing mood today for some reason.

Anyway, you guys are a riot!!!

Reply #442 gypsiegirl66's post

Thanks for dropping in, Gypsie!  The thing in our backyard is a Stargate.  You can probably tell, we're a couple of sci-fi nerds.

Anyway, pull up a seat beside the fire, or have a dip in the pool.  There are refreshments inside, but if you have allergies, BEWARE, there are cats inside.  Help yourself, have a seat and enjoy your show.

Welcome to Xanadu!

p.s. Beware...the Ori have invaded, and they are not to be taken lightly.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Yep enjoy your stay. Sorry the only channel we are getting right now is sci-fi. But if you truly love  Wentworth Miller  you will love him in Stargate Sg-1 and Atlantis. ok I am totally lying but we do have hot guys.

Reply #443 waterlilybarb's post & #444 gabsimom's

Geeze louieeze......I have been trying to get to this pool all night, but they had the gate closed. Was it those darned Ori's not letting me in. I'm wearing my super alien protector bikini, I guess that let me slip through.
Thank you both so much for th invite, the water looked so inviting from afar and I already knew that the company would be fun. Now, we gotta do something about these Ori dudes, I really know nothing about them. I guess I'll have to learn more and I know where to take classes.......Stargate Sg-1

Reply #445 gypsiegirl66's post

Sorry you had some trouble in entering.  I think they're gone now, and I'll make sure not to leave the iris open...I can't speak for my compadre. Now that you're in...enjoy the amenities.

BTW, here's a little info on the Ori:

The Ori (pronounced "OR-eye") are characters on the fictional Stargate SG-1 television program. They are a group of "ascended" beings who use their advanced technology and spiritual knowledge of the universe to trick non-ascended humans into worshiping them as gods. They belong to the same race as the Ancients.
They appeared on Stargate SG-1 in its ninth season, replacing the Goa'uld as the show's primary antagonists. While the Goa'uld relied on their technology to pose as gods, the Ori also have enormously potent paranormal abilities in addition to very advanced technology. As Ascended beings, they live on a higher plane of existence with great power and knowledge and are as close to being "gods" as any non-deific being can be.
The Ori fabricated a religion called Origin, which they use to control non-ascended beings, attempting to destroy anyone who rejects it. A central theme in the show is that power does not make someone a god nor entitle them to be worshipped; rather, the way they use great power is the measure of how they should be revered.

Reply #446 waterlilybarb's post

I've never watched any of the Stargate's so could you tell me something. Does this show mainly take place on Earth or in space or another planet?? Just wondering, before I head into watch.

Reply #446 waterlilybarb's post

Oh,  and Thank you for such a detailed description!!

Reply #448 gypsiegirl66's post

Go here and get all the info on Stargate: http://www.friendvista.com/forum ... &extra=page%3D1

Reply #449 gabsimom's post

Thanks so much gabs, that was some great info!! I will definitely check it out, this will be my very first Sci-Fi show. I really have never even given one a try, who knows maybe I'll join the rankings and be a Sci-fi geek too!!!

Reply #450 gypsiegirl66's post

Well Smallville and Heroes are Sci-fi. My BFF says she hates sci-fi but she watches at least 4 sci-fi shows I got into Sg-1 because of all the ancient civilizations featured oh and they find the lost city of Atlantis.

Reply #450 gypsiegirl66's post

I never thought I'd be one, but my Mum converted me with Star Trek: The Next Generation.  Now I'm a full-fledged member of the sci-fi geek squad.  My all-time favourite is Farscape, which we just got here.  I love both the Stargates, Battlestar Galactica, Heroes, Smallville and all things Star Trek.  I've seen a few episodes of Dr. Who, and quite enjoyed them, and look forward to watching The 4400, as well as Jekyll, of which I saw the last half of an episode on TV last night...it looks intriguing.

I never would have thought it, but my nerdiness now knows no bounds.  I now boldly go where no women (generally speaking ) have gone before.    My Mum is SO proud.

Reply #451 gabsimom's post & waterlilybarb's

Well then, I actually have my little toe in the geek pond. I love Heroes and I've watched a few, Smallville and a few of The 4400, I liked them both too. I'll be checking out Stargate Sg-1 very soon too!!

Reply #453 gypsiegirl66's post

Glad to know another gal will cop to being a geek.  I'm one of the mods for Heroes, so come check out our forum when the new season starts.  It's quite lively when there are new episodes.

Reply #454 waterlilybarb's post

Absolutely, I love Heroes, it's one of my favorite shows!! That will be a great time, I will definitely come. I am so excited for the new season to start, for all the shows. I love this time of year, this is like opening presents on Christmas for me....LOL

Well I guess I can really invade this quiet space now, I am officially a geek I think. I think I love Sg-1, I can't stop watching!! Thanks so much for the invite and getting me to take the dive, the water is great. That first trip through the Iris was quite an experience though.....don't ya think!!!

Reply #456 gypsiegirl66's post

Well, it ought to be.  It took us ages to MacGyver it.

FYI, MacGyver is a role that Richard Dean Anderson, aka Colonel Jack O'Neil played some years back.

hmmm. so you guys are the type of people who use this site

Reply #458 bullheed's post & waterlilybarb's

Yep, thats us, actually I'm a new member of the geek squad, but I'm lovin' it!! How bout you?

Barb, I used watch MacGyver when it was on as a series, I was surprised to see him in this........he's great!!

Reply #459 gypsiegirl66's post

get out the lot of you
The Mod Police Are Watching You

Thread