Thread
Printable Version

The girly`s ......giggle box

Reply 3780#3780 gypsiegirl66's post

Yeah i have had no problem however a few times the stream cut out i have reload the episode but i skip where i last left off. . It's only people who have a limited broadband package that have problem because if they go over limit there is a charge.   . I used to have a limited package but when we renewed out broadband contract they notice i was big internet user so they gave us unlimited package just in time for launch of flash site  .

So are you watching any new shows this year?

Ireland

Well, we're having a hectic few weeks here with so many high profile visitors! The Queen of England (Elizabeth II) arrived last week for a state visit that went down very well considering our turbulent past, at the invitation of our Uachtarán na hÉireann (Irish President). Leave it to the women to sort things out eh!

Today Barack Obama arrived to visit our President and Taoiseah (Prime Minister) but most importantly he will fly to Moneygall, Co Offaly to visit  his ancestral home. His great great great Grandfather Falmoth Kearney emigrated to the United States during the Irish Famine (circa 1850) at the age of 19.

This is a link to his genealogical tree: http://www.origins.net/html-email/ON-obama-familytree.htm if you are interested!
The visit has gone down very well so far.

The awkward moment when the worlds most technologically advanced car gets stuck on a ramp. "The Beast" as it is affectionately known getting stuck coming out of the American Embassy in Dublin this morning:

Reply 3783#3783 shinny's post

How embarrassing it's obviously the armored plating but how did the car get in there in the first place and this must of happened before being an Embassy

Reply 3783#3783 shinny's post

How embarrasing, I bet someone got a chewing for that one. Did they eventually move it?

Reply 3784#3784 codebreaker's post

Unless there is back entrance

They had to change cars Craig to a 4x4! Yup, Bala has it. They actually had gone in a side entrance and decided to come out this way to go past the crowd waiting outside!

Funny though.

I just love the crowds reaction though!

Another view:

"Uh oh" from the someone in the crowd. I love how our fine police force member just jumps back away from it.

William & Kate Meet the Obamas!

Ugggh, I've had two sleepless nights, and I feel like I could fall asleep on the head of a pin. Unfortunately, when I close my eyes, my thoughts just keep spinning. There are few things I dislike more than insomnia. Well more than a few things, but you get my point. I'm tired!!!

Oh, and I'm checking out the Google Chrome, it's great with one exception, it wont allow me to preview my posts. I can get to the page that allows you to change font size, color, etc.... but it wont let me see what my post looks like prior to submitting. Has anyone else had this issue and is there a way to fix it?

Reply 3792#3792 gypsiegirl66's post

Wow your right i hardly ever use preview so i didn't know this but it won't let you preview it just become unresponsive to that link . however if you use quick reply it does preview but not in full post mode.

Reply 3793#3793 bala's post

I use Chrome on my home computer and do preview.  When I get home tonight I will take a look at it.
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

Reply 3794#3794 sanggye's post

Thanks, that would be great. Like I said I can click on Preview Post, on the thread and it will take me to the page where you can change your font color, size, etc....But when I click on Preview Post to see how the color and style turned out, it does nothing, it only allows me to submit what I've written. Which if you're leaving links and things that second preview is a big help in making sure the link shows properly and links to the correct page. I'm going to check out the preferences on Chrome, maybe there is something in there that will help.
Thanks again.

BTW, I'm Gypsy nice to meet you!

Reply 3795#3795 gypsiegirl66's post

My bad Gypsy (And nice to meet you too   ) I thought you were talking about the preview post button on the bottom of the thread page.  You are 100% correct that it does not work on editing page or on the aforementioned preview post page.  I will look more into this.
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

Reply 3796#3796 sanggye's post

Ok, it is a known issue with Chrome   , it seems it is an old IE standard, one work around is using IEtab extension for chrome for the forums.  If I find anything else, i will let you know

Reply 3797#3797 sanggye's post

Thank you, I'm not sure if I can use that extension as I have a Mac and it's an IE extension. I guess it's back to Firefox, Safari or even Opera is a good browser too. I've got plenty to choose from, but I really like this Chrome for everything else. I guess I could just use another browser for this site and Chrome the rest of the time until there is a Mac fix.
Thank you again

I think it's related to the WYSIWYG coding. I'll PM lbjedward and see if we can change anything in the coding to fix it.

Reply 3799#3799 shinny's post

Thanks Sinead, that would be great if they could fix this small issue. I am loving the Chrome browser and switching back and forth is a little bit of an inconvenience, but I'm dealing with it.
Thanks again!

Thread