Thread
Printable Version

The girly`s ......giggle box

Reply 3760#3760 waterlilybarb's post

They also break out the shorts in February in New Jersey, too (where I'm from)! One day of sunshine and they pull their flip-flops out too hehe!

My friend's visit was great - went too fast! She was here for a week and my daughter just fell in love with her! I've found that, now that I'm a mom, my friendships have even more importance and meaning for me. I guess maybe it comes from a deeper understanding of how important human relationships are - but also because I think, as a person and not just a mom, I've realized how important it is for me to have my own "points of reference," to help me get through the difficulties of parenthood. Don't know if that makes any sense!

Reply 3761#3761 studiojek's post

It makes perfect sense.   I'm not a parent, but as I've gotten older I cherish my friendships even more too.  They help me get through the difficulties of life, as well as sharing the good times.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 3762#3762 waterlilybarb's post

Of course! Yes, as we grow up I think we learn to appreciate what's good for us and start to (finally!) understand what's bad for us!

Howdy!

Didn't want anyone to think we let the giggle box die.  I've just not been too well lately, but I check in daily to see what's happening, and do what I can here & there on the site.  Hope everyone is well.  I'm now less than 3 weeks from my appointment with the new neuro, so I'm hoping something positive will come of that & I'll feel more my old self within the not too distant future.

Reply 3764#3764 waterlilybarb's post

Hi Barb! I hardly ever get over here to the giggle box anymore! But it's good to see your post - I have my fingers crossed for your  new doctor. You deserve to start feeling well again.

All's ok here...just livin and lovin! =)

Reply 3764#3764 waterlilybarb's post

can a topic die ?

I had feeling you were a bit under the weather i hope you get better

Reply 3766#3766 bala's post

I hope to feel better soon too, thank you.  It's been very windy the past few days, which has my head pounding.  I love spring, but it doesn't really do my migraines any good.  Too much fluctuation in the weather.

I just didn't want any of the gals who don't get to check the site as often to think this was a dead thread.

Reply 3767#3767 waterlilybarb's post

Well over here summer has officially started

Hello Gals and some Guys!

I'd say that time can't come fast enough Barb!

I've had a hectic few weeks/months and things have been busy in work plus on top of that I'm getting used to having a new boss. My old boss retired at the end of last year and it's been strange adjusting to someone's elses style.

I'm looking forward to a quiet weekend. Next week is Easter and so we have a few days holidays which I'm looking forward to.

Reply 3769#3769 shinny's post

I am guessing your new boss is new person not someone who was promoted to the position?

Reply 3770#3770 bala's post

No, they were promoted but I wouldn't have worked much with them before.

Reply 3771#3771 shinny's post

We're having similar adjustments at work - old boss out, new boss in...now we've been informed that the old company is going bankrupt and a new company is taking over. Never a dull moment...keeping my fingers crossed that I survive the rollercoaster!

Happy Passover to those who celebrate and happy (early) Easter!

Reply 3772#3772 studiojek's post

Eek, that's never a good thing. I hope everything works out for you.

Reply 3773#3773 shinny's post

Thanks Shinny =) I am feeling optimistic, just holding on tight and keeping my eyes closed till the craziness passes!

Reply 3774#3774 studiojek's post

That's a good idea

Hey gals, sorry to hear you all are going through such adjustments, I hope it all works out for all of you. Sorry I've been MIA, nothing I could do to avoid that. I'm going through some major adjustments of my own and doing it on my own is making it difficult. I apologize but I'm not comfortable talking about the past year on an open board. If any of my old friends (mods included), would like the whole truth as to why I was absent for so long, I'd be happy to share it with you via PM.
Other than that, I'm back and hopefully there will be no more hold backs to keep me from here. I've missed all of you and this site, it's kind of like my online home. I just hope that my absence hasn't jeopardized my once good standing here.

Reply 3776#3776 gypsiegirl66's post

No your absence hasn't jeopardized your once good standing here we just like to know your alive . That's the main thing

Reply 3777#3777 bala's post

Thanks bala!

Reply 3778#3778 gypsiegirl66's post

So what do you think about the changes to VipTV site from real player to Flash?

Although I don't know much about the new player, I really like it. It works way better that Real ever did for me, and I can know use the EU server. I had one issue with some type of message, didn't read it, then I switched to EU server and no problems since then. I hope that they get the bugs worked out for the members that are having problems and we get to keep the new player, I really like it. What about you??

Thread