Thread
Printable Version

The girly`s ......giggle box

Nicely said Craig. I think a healthy balance is key and also listening to what your partner likes/dislikes.

Bala, I think the point that Barb was making is that nobody bothers much these days. Why should he bother? Because it's a nice thing to do, that's all. Do something nice for someone and actually it's sort of self serving: It makes you feel good too. That's good for your health, if nothing else !! What goes around, comes around too. I'm a firm believer in that.

I went to Belfast today to get some new furniture. The euro is almost 1:1 with Sterling now which means massive savings for us if we cross over the border. I can't wait for them to be delivered now.

Hey Mel, feeling much better thanks !! My voice came back the other day. Just have a cough now, but I can handle that !!

Reply 2630#2630 studiojek's post

Studio, I'm not back until Wednesday and I'm really not looking forward to it !! Back to reality. I think if I loved what I was doing, then I wouldn't mind.

Reply 2631#2631 cshapiro's post

That's very sweet. I'm sure your wife really appreciates it.

Reply 2632#2632 serena75's post

Well, I know my parents never made any exceptions between us girls and my brothers. If someone needed help, we all helped !!

Reply 2636#2636 serena75's post

Yeh, I know what you mean.

Hey all. I have a dentist appt this afternoon and I'm not looking forward to it (who does in fairness!?) - I had my top wisdom tooth taken out back in September but some of it didn't come out. At the time the dentist told me that it would "work itself out" - It didn't and has been giving me trouble on and off. So I will be glad to get it sorted.

I just hate the dentist !! I had a bad experience when I was younger and no matter how many nice dentists I've met since, I still dread the thoughts of going.

Reply 2648#2648 shinny's post

So, back from the Dentist and it's not going to work itself out because it's the actual root of the wisdom tooth. I have to go to the dental hospital next week to have it surgically removed along with the other 3 or at least 2 of the others. He said one of my bottom ones (which are worse to be removed) is impacted, but also right beside a nerve, so they might not remove it.

I am not looking forward to this. I have pretty high pain threshold, but I won't be able to eat for a few days!!

Meg, Arielle, thanks for that. I actually wouldn't have thought of the ice, but now that you say it, it really does make sense. Arielle, I'm just laughing at that image of me with an ice filled bra around my head. Hey, if it works, I'll try it. Meg, that must have looked so funny. I know my sis had to get her boyfriend to liquidise everything so she could suck it through a straw!!

:-)

Reply 2655#2655 meljones_83's post

Mel, I was exactly the same. Actually, when I was about 20 the Dentist I attended at the time told me that my wisdom teeth would give me trouble. I actually have a small mouth and he knew they'd have trouble coming out properly. He advised me to get them out at the time (because you're young blah blah blah), but sure they weren't giving me any trouble, so I didn't bother.

I had trouble with them on and off all through my 20's. Particularly when I was stressed, for some strange reason. They started to really bother me in the last year or so and I left it too long to get this one taken out, that's why it broke. It had weakened so much. The rest of my teeth are all good, except those around the wisdom teeth. My Dentist was explaining that because they are decaying (because they can't come up properly) they risk decaying the teeth around them. Actually, when I get these out I have to go back and get two fillings around the teeth beside my two of my wisdom teeth.

I wish I'd listened when I was 20

Reply 2658#2658 waterlilybarb's post

Thanks. Believe me, I am benefiting from all of your experiences !!

Reply 2664#2664 imarielle626's post

Arielle, that will be great. It will be nice to have your a place of your own, so to speak.

Reply  2665#2665 waterlilybarb's post
Barb, that's a really good mantra to have and very true!

Hey Barb, good to see you in here

Well, I'm off to NYC again, lol. My friends are all like "Will you just move there" - Maybe I will. I'm going with my Mam and my sister this time. We're going around the end of April, which will be a lovely time. I've been to NYC in all of the seasons; Spring/Autumn are my favourite times. Christmas is lovely for the atmosphere, but it's not very conducive for doing things!

I meant to say that Spring starts today in Ireland and The UK, although it doesn't feel like it yet. I really think we should revise our seasons!!

So happy Spring Day!

Reply 2679#2679 waterlilybarb's post

I know, our seasons don't line up the same. Although it may seem a little early even to us, actually Spring has Sprung! We're already seeing Daffodils blooming, Cherry Blossom Trees blooming and plenty of Spring Lambs have been born !!

Reply 2681#2681 waterlilybarb's post

Lol, well the visions are now covered in snow! We had a cold snap here the past few days and probably for the next and so it snowed all over today! Here are some pictures I found on the RTE.ie website which were taken today:

Arielle, that's great. I know you loved being there the last time and you will be doing so much to help out there. It's truly amazing that you are giving up your time for this, so well done you !!!

Studio, wow a little girlie. Ah, am delighted for you both. I'd say you just cannot wait now

Lol Commando, good to see you back !

Well, I got snowed in at my parents house last night and am only back in my own house now (after lots of shoveling of snow and ice and pushing my car up a very steep hill !)

I'm planning to move nowhere tonight (not that I really could) and catch up on all my TV shows. Is it sad that I'm actually excited about that????

How is everyone else?

Reply 2706#2706 waterlilybarb's post

Can you not get Caffeine free tea or is it just not good over there? We have really nice Caffeine free tea here and I guarantee you that you wouldn't know the difference. I tested it on my Dad, who is like a Tea Connoisseur !! He didn't know, off course when I told him it was Caffeine free he was like "Oh I did think there was *something* different about it" and I'm like "Sure you did!!!"

It's all I drink. Caffeine and me don't agree. I like it, but it doesn't like me. It gives me palpitations!

Can't help you with the chocolate though :-)

Reply 2711#2711 waterlilybarb's post

Barb you know I'm gonna have to put you to the test !! I'll have to get your address and post you over some Barry's Decaf tea

Although, I don't like strong tea and my Dad does. I like it in between. I drink it with Milk too. No sugar ( )

Thread