Thread
Printable Version

The girly`s ......giggle box

Reply 3463#3463 waterlilybarb's post

That's great news Barb. Finally some let up. Long may it last.

I'm in a serious restless mood at the moment. I'm just done cleaning the majority of my house which feels good. Bedroom and Kitchen will get it tomorrow. I hate when I feel this restless. Makes me want to just take off somewhere completely different!

I can imagine that is really really annoying codebreaker!! I remember quite a few years ago our Government at the time were in the midst of falling apart and decided to have a meeting to try and save it. They decided to have it in the Hotel up the road from my parents house. There is an entrance of about 700 metres from the main road to the hotel and you have to go through gates at the start. My parents live about another 300 metres from the Hotel. I was living at home at the time (wow, so it is a good few years ago!!) and we turned into take the avenue up to my parents house. We were stopped and questioned, "Who are you" "what is your business here" blah blah blah. So my Dad tired and hungry after a long days work and travel (the journey from Dublin is about 1.5 hrs) just says "Listen, I'm going home to get my dinner, any problem with that?" and the guy says "No sir, none whatsoever" - We knew he was just doing his job but you can imagine you'd get annoyed if someone was standing outside your house and questioning why you were going in after a long day at work!!!

Hey Craig, nice to see you back

Reply 3511#3511 studiojek's post

Hello there you. Wow, Sofia is 15mths already? That time has flown by!! How have you been keeping?

I'm off to visit my appendix next week Studio, lol. My return visit to New York. This time I am flying solo but staying with a friend who lives there and I'll also be visiting some family I have from New York. I met my Dad's cousin for the first time this year when he came to visit me in the hospital! We kept missing him the time before that when we were over but this time I was a sitting duck, so to speak. He's such a funny character. I had to ask him to leave the time he came to visit me in the hospital because it was hurting me so much to laugh after the op!!!

[ Last edited by shinny at 10-12-2010 23:34 ]

Reply 3514#3514 waterlilybarb's post

Lol Barb, hope you are back on track by now. I woke up on Tuesday morning thinking it was Friday. That was a harsh slap in the face. My Monday was so crazy it felt like practically a whole work week!!

Hey all, here are some pics from my recent trip to New York:

Reply 3524#3524 bala's post

Thanks Bala, yeh I literally walked the place (well, between subs!!)

Reply 3525#3525 waterlilybarb's post

Thanks Barb, I met up with a friend from work on the Friday and myself and the girl I was staying with hung out with her. She wanted to do the ESB as it had been years since she had. Besides that I literally wandered the city taking pics, and mixing in with the locals, before going up to my friend in Yonkers. Had a great time there as it was a very Irish/Irish American community. Really nice area.

Ok, this little piggy. I had to really think here, then I had to consult my two sisters but we used to say "This little Piggy had Bread and Butter" my sister's boyfriend said they used to say Corned Beef!! So I think it was different for different house holds.

Reply 3529#3529 waterlilybarb's post

That's so awful Barb. As you said, it's not like you can even get away from it! Have you any idea when they might be finished?

Yeh, post it here Barb so everyone can have a gander!!

Well, I am so flipping fed up with the snow already. I never thought I would be saying this but I wish it would rain and hard!!

I can't take my car out of where I live because it's literally an ice rink (I live at the top of a very steep long hill). So I walked into the town today and met up with some of my family. We went out for dinner and then my brother and his wife said they would leave me home. He has a Volkswagen Touareg which is literally made for this kind of weather so it wouldn't have been too much bother to him. But, I had a bad feeling and I kept telling him to leave me out at the bottom of the hill and I would walk up. He was having none of it and drove up. A car (that clearly should not have been coming down because it didn't have 4 wheel drive) lost control and went into a skid. My brother reacted quickly and managed to pull the car up on the footpath but he slammed into the side of his car. Had my brother not reacted as quickly as he did however, he would have slammed into us and pushed us down the hill too.

Nobody was hurt but the other guy was very shaken as his car went into a spin and slid all the way down the road. He was lucky it didn't crash into the cars parked at the bottom.

[ Last edited by shinny at 11-28-2010 20:34 ]

Thanks guys, yeh I agree. We were just happy nothing serious happened. The weather has gotten even worse here so I'm even more fed up. We were supposed to be going away this weekend but looks like we'll probably have to cancel now!

We've had the coldest November on record! Good old Global Warming, eh?

Hope the headache clears soon Barb.

Reply 3538#3538 waterlilybarb's post

Wow, the outside is very purple. I like it though as it's my favourite colour!

I sent of a package to my Brother, Sister in Law and my two nieces for Christmas to Australia. Half (if not more!) was fully of chocolate!! My brother doesn't really like the Australian chocolate and although my sister in law is Australian, she prefers the Irish/British chocolate too. My niece loves Rocky Bars so the majority of the package is made up of that!! My brother loved Wispa and was so happy when they brought it back recently

I can't eat chocolate anymore but when I could eat it I honestly didn't think there was anything wrong with the Australian chocolate. However, have to agree with the American Chocolate (in general, I know there are exceptions) not being very nice. When I used to visit our offices in the States I always had to bring over the Giant size Bar of Cadbury's Dairy Milk or Butlers Irish Chocolate, lol!!!

Edit "forgot to finish the last word, haha!"

[ Last edited by shinny at 12-18-2010 11:36 ]

Reply 3638#3638 babysexylexy's post

I know, I used to love chocolate. I can't eat it anymore as I'm actually allergic to it and will be quite ill after it so that deters me. It's been nearly 2 years since I've eaten any chocolate

Reply 3641#3641 babysexylexy's post

Yeh, I can but I actually don't like Puddings, Apple Tarts, Fruit Cakes, Apple crumble basically anything that has fruit in it as a dessert and my Mam makes all of these, lol. It's probably not a bad thing though!! I love carrot cake and I'll eat things like blueberry pie if the blueberries are not whole. It's a weird thing, I absolutely hate dried fruit but I don't like whole pieces of fresh fruit in cooked deserts either.  

It's funny though because I'm not a fussy eater. I'd basically eat everything but when it comes to deserts I can be funny!!

Reply 3640#3640 casper27's post

Haha Craig. It was a good campaign for a while. Their sales did go up. I betcha it was a woman who came up with that idea!! She thought, I know I hate it when a man tells me I can't do something so I'll go out  of my way to do it!!! Reverse psychology and all that!!

Haha, I wish!! I suppose it's not a bad thing that I can't eat chocolate anymore. I did miss it initially but don't miss it at all now.

Reply 3647#3647 babysexylexy's post

lol! Junk food is addictive. If only it was good for you

[ Last edited by shinny at 12-18-2010 14:29 ]

Reply 3649#3649 casper27's post

I don't think I will ever forgot how horrible Cod Liver oil tasted!

Reply 3660#3660 arksongbird80's post

I've not had lemon bars but I have to tell you I'm not crazy about lemon desserts either, lol!!!

Thread