Thread
Printable Version

The girly`s ......giggle box

Reply 3182#3182 waterlilybarb's post

Glad it's not just me so!! I just think it's such a horrible characteristic to have. If someone I know does something that involves some form of natural talent then I'll be one telling everyone about it!!

Reply 3185#3185 waterlilybarb's post

Ah no, hopefully it will just be a 24 hr thing and you will feel better tomorrow.

Hey girlies!!

Meg, I've never heard of Pumpkin Beer either. Is it nice?

Jannah, I'm like that too and I always wake in the morning like I have a head cold. I'm going to buy a humidifier as I feel like it's because the air is too dry in my house.

Barb, how are you feeling?

I just realised it was 2 years ago, on Oct 6th, that I found this wonderful site. I can't believe that!!!

They look lovely Jannah! Making me hungry lol

I also found the site before my reg date. I was using TV-Video for about a month or so before I joined VIPtv and the forum.

Speaking of which, has anyone had the Swine Flu vaccination yet? They are giving it here to Pregnant women, people with an underlying condition, over 65's and children first. Then it will be the general public.

I've decided I'm not going to get it as I don't have any underlying problems, I probably would if I did, but I'm just not convinced it won't have any long term effects as it's a new vaccine.

What do you guys think?

Reply 3223#3223 cshapiro's post

Interesting article. I definitely need to do some more research. It's not a dilemma for me at the moment, because it's not being offered to me yet!

A relation of a friend of mine had the Swine flu and had to be hospitalised. She ended up with MRSA. That's the story of hospitals here, it's really ridiculous. You go in for something pretty run of the mill and get MRSA. A friend of my Dad's wife died from MRSA after going in for a hip operation.

When they say that people aged 50+ had a higher risk of death once hospitalised is that because the condition was so bad at the point that they would have died anyway or because by going to hospital they picked up something else (like MRSA)? - that's very worrying!

Hey all so with all this talk of Swine Flu I managed to pick up the vomiting bug or possibly food poisoning. We're still not sure. The reason we think it might have been food poisoning is more than half my immediate family got it too around the same time (8 adults and 4 children) so it's a bit strange how coincidental it was and then to top it all off we just found out my sister in law has the Swine Flu so she has to keep away from all of us for 7 days or so!!

I was so ill on the first day off it but by the second day I was feeling better. I felt so sorry for my brother, sister in law and their 2 girls because they had to fly home to Australia and it came on them en route. Their little girl had a touch of it when they arrived at the airport but at this point the rest of us were ok so we didn't think too much of it. I tell you that flight is harsh enough without being ill on it !

Besides that sure I'm grand!! Studio/Meg, good to hear from you both.

Reply 3230#3230 studiojek's post

We went out for dinner on the Sunday afternoon as a farewell to my brother, sister in law and the girls so it could well have been that. The problem is not all of us got sick, but about 80% of us did. So it's really hard to know. And we did the whole "what did you eat" thingy and can't find one thing that we all had. Who knows.

I'll tell you how sick I was (which makes me smile now) I couldn't even come on here to watch shows!! I had 0% energy and the attention span of a fish, lol

I think I'm going to give it a week or so too. All of the shows were booked out since Thursday night but I might get a spot tomorrow or Sunday night. Will see, I'd say I will probably wait until all the hype has passed!!!

People Magazine Sexiest Vampires:

for the Ladies

Reply 3243#3243 nye87's post

Awh, I know. I really miss Moonlight and Mick. He was my first vampire crush   - I have to say though Eric (True Blood) is a close second or maybe even on a par!! But he's more of a "bad boy" vampire. Mick would treat you well

Meg, that sounds like it will be a lot of fun. You'll have to tell us all how it went !!

Studio, time is flying by. I've seen it with the girls I work with that have had babies. It's so hard for them to go back to work and leave their little ones. Not sure what it's like there but they get 26 weeks paid leave here in Ireland. Then you get the option (by law) to take a further 16 weeks unpaid leave + Holidays and any public holidays you missed whilst on Maternity leave. So generally the girls I work with, that have been on Maternity leave, have been off for the best part of a year (where they can afford the extra 16 weeks unpaid) I think that is great for them.

Barb, that  is great that you will finally have that sorted. I know it will be a relief to you!

I'm spending New Years even in New York, which I'm really looking forward to. We're going for dinner and then to watch the fire works in Central Park. I wouldn't go near Times Sq. I've read up too much about it and know it will be a nightmare!!

Bala, you never told us your plans.

Christmas is also coming in way too fast!

[ Last edited by shinny at 12-11-2009 15:56 ]

Reply 3255#3255 bala's post

I'll be doing a bit of catch up myself. In between all the family get togethers. It will be a nice bit of down time.

Well, it's 2 weeks for me. I finish up Christmas eve and then I'm not back to work until Jan 7th

Hey all, just to mention (because I know you will all have been wishing me a good time) I'm not going to NYC for New Years eve. I am disappointed, but I'm nearly over that already!! Plans fell through, but I'm managed to recoup most of the money and I'm hoping to get away early next year instead. So I'm pretty ok about it all now. Actually, it might even work out better that I go away next year because I was nervous being away having been in hospital so often with this grumbling appendix/they don't know what it is syndrome!!

Jannah, they are long hours. I'm sure you are looking forward to a bit of down time and catching up with your family and some shows!!

Barb, you are doing so well on the elimination diet. Well done for sticking to it! I know it's going to be helpful in the long run, but it's easy for me to say that! What about Chicken, are you allowed to eat that? Is Fish out? I have to say I really do not like Turkey. I find it very dry! My favourite would be fish, then probably chicken and I do like corned beef and lamb on occasion.

Christmas is a big Family occasion here so I'll be busy over the next few days trying to get last minute plans sorted. We'll all go to my parents house and this year there will be 14 of us for dinner at my parents! My Mam always cooks like 20 people are coming anyway, so she's well used to it !!

Reply 3277#3277 waterlilybarb's post

That's a pity about the Chicken. I wonder why that's off the list? I would have thought that was as safe as Turkey.

No, they went home around Nov 9th and it was so hard saying goodbye to them. A lot of tears. Australia is just so far away. It's not like even if he was in the states. You know, 5-10 hours you are in most places in the US. East Coast being the nearest. I'd love to get out next year to them. We said if we go out again we'd probably go around October time, which is their Spring. We went March/April the last time which is their Autumn time and the day is just too short. The darkness comes in quickly, not like here where it's gradual. In the summer we have daylight up to about 10-10.30pm. In the height of Winter it's dark at around 4pm! From tomorrow it starts to gradually get brighter, thankfully!

I know a Malec Tina so I knew I was saying it correctly. Nice name by the way!!

Have the migraines been any less Barb or are they exactly the same? It will be harsh to think you went through that restriction diet for nothing. It's good your IBS has improved though, so maybe that's one good thing that may come out of the identified foods you have issues with.

I'm smothering with a cold, well actually the Dr says it's a Respiratory Tract Infection, but I'm already out the other side of it. I haven't had a cold this bad in about 2 years so I guess it was due. I cursed myself though because I was only saying how I'd managed to avoid it over the Christmas when everyone around me had it!! It's not too bad but my sinus' are killing me at the moment. I refuse to take antibiotics as when I was in the hospital with the suspected appendicitis they gave me so many antibiotics

[ Last edited by shinny at 1-15-2010 19:53 ]

Thanks Gypsy, yep that's exactly why I don't want to take them. I feel that, in general here, Dr's prescribe antibiotics too freely. So it's up to us, as the patient, to say no when we feel we can fight it ourselves. My Dr is lovely and a very good Dr, but I don't agree with how freely he hands out antibiotics!!

Thanks Barb, almost back to normal. Lungs are still a bit sore but I can breath much more freely now so it's almost clear. My sinus' have calmed down and my voice is practically back to normal. That's a shame Barb, so what will be the next step then as this did not seem to find a migraine trigger?

[ Last edited by shinny at 1-16-2010 11:08 ]

Reply 3316#3316 gypsiegirl66's post

Thanks Gypsy, getting there for sure

Reply 3318#3318 waterlilybarb's post

Exactly, not like you can just switch either of those off

Thread