The girly`s ......giggle box

Reply 3011#3011 writemako's post

Well best of luck, I hope you get it !!

Reply 3010#3010 themegababe's post

Hi Meg, nice to see you here

I think Studio has had the baba by now.

Reply 3018#3018 rickman's post

Haha, really? That's funny.

In modern Irish we say Babaí (so very like baby in English) but in old Irish it's leanbh  (which means small child).

And just for the laugh Grandmother is Seanmháthair (which literally means old mother) but in modern Irish it's Mamó (Granny)

[ Last edited by shinny at 6-25-2009 11:30 ]

Reply 3020#3020 writemako's post

I've been in the job I'm in now for more than 12 years so it's been a long time since I wrote a CV !! However, I've read a lot of them!!

What I would say is to pull out the areas from the jobs you have done previously that would make you a good candidate for this job. It means the person reading it doesn't have to do a whole lot to figure out what experience is relevant to their needs.

We had a crazy thunder storm last week which just makes the atmosphere feel so much better (in my opinion!!) but it woke me at like 2am until 3.30am it was that loud. Apparently we had another one last night but I was so tired yesterday, I didn't wake up. That's very unusual for me as I'm a fairly light sleeper!!

We had some rain today but it's supposed to be sunny tomorrow. Not too warm for us though, 21C (70F) tomorrow which will be just nice :-)

Yeh, it's been a little cooler (and overcast) here the past couple of days. It's nice when you're in an office that isn't air conditioned

Reply 3051#3051 nye87's post

Hey Jannah!! Lovely to see you back here, we missed you! You've so much to catch up with on the site! I hope you are enjoying being back home.

Meg, my favourite thing to do during the summer months is BBQ !! I love them. We usually have a few family ones and they are always great craic.

Writemako, just wanted to say sorry to hear you didn't get that job. As my Nana always used to say "What's for you, won't pass you by"

Reply 3056#3056 nye87's post

I would say definitely watch True Blood (another vampire show!!). It can sometimes have graphic scenes but it's very cleverly written and just draws you in.

Agree with Bala on Flashpoint, however the first 5/6 episodes are not great so you really need to stick it out. Season 2 is much better!!

Hey Meg, hey all. I just watched Season 1 and Season 2 of Private Practice!! It's been on my list for a while and I wanted to watch it altogether. It's a great series. I knew it would be with Grey's and all, but glad I finally got to watch it!! Roll on Season 3 now. What a cliffhanger at the end!

Next week my brother is home from Australia with his family. They are over for 3 months so it will be great to have them. My other brother is getting married in less than two weeks so it's all go!

Reply 3077#3077 waterlilybarb's post

Glad to hear you are feeling better Barb

Meg, thanks for posting that spoiler.

My brother and family arrived this afternoon, so there was much excitement. They are all gone to get some rest as they have been flying for 22.5 hrs and travelling for a lot longer than that. It's such a harsh trip and I've done it 3 times

Hey all, we had a great day on Friday (and yesterday) for my Brother's wedding. Here a a couple of pics!

My Brother and his new wife:

My Brother, his new wife and my nephew (my sisters boy):

Bridesmaids (Bride's sisters) flower girl and page boy:

Another of the happy couple:

Celebrating at the reception:

Me at the church

My two sisters:

My Dad and 3 of my 4 brothers:

Mucking about:

These were just taken by myself and my sister so no "official" pictures yet!!

[ Last edited by shinny at 8-23-2009 11:11 ]

You're welcome everyone. I love seeing people's wedding pictures!!

Barb, they definitely do. Although my brother who got married (one nearest the camera) looks very like my Mam. I didn't have this picture of her earlier, but she's the one on the left and my sister in law's mother on the right:

Sorry all for being so rude about your posts before I posted the pics, I was flying yesterday so didn't get a chance to read them.

Barb, I cannot believe your neighbour complained about you like that. It's so odd. I wonder is he just a complainer!?

Jannah, those dreams that your Mom had while pregnant are funny!

Tina, I always wondered what Pregnant women did during Ramadan, so that makes a lot of sense.  I have to say that culture wise we are very lucky in Ireland to have a lot of different ones. I love the Farmers Markets that we have here all through the country, and that's were you get to experience all the different foods from the different cultures we have here.

Oh Barb, yeh hats are the thing here for weddings. Although I'm actually wearing a "Fascinator" lol - I actually didn't know it was called that until a few weeks ago. I was calling it a head piece, haha. It's also tradition that no one removes their hat/fascinator until the Mother of the Bride has removed hers.

I know I'm biased, because it was my Brother's wedding, but it was a fantastic day. My family all play music and most of my siblings are in bands. So during his speech my brother serenaded my sister in law with the help of my other brother; the best man. We didn't know he was going to do that so it was extremely sweet!!

Then after the band and dj had finished playing, we went to a smaller room where my Dad got out his guitar and his friend got out his accordion and we had more music from in a more intimate group of friends and family for a few hours after.

Reply 3115#3115 serena75's post

Happy One Year Anniversary !!!

Hey Tina, that's great the Adam will have a little brother considering it's what he wanted

Serena, I think your written English is extremely good. I guess most of us wouldn't have known you were Swedish unless you told us!

Agree with playing music helping to do work around the house. I love to do this and it seems to make the time fly by!!

Barb, hope your allergic reaction to the product is at bay

Apologies in advance to any of the guys reading this, but it does say the "Girly's" Giggle Box!

My sister in law's OB/GYN's name was Lionel, in Australia. And he was known as "Vaginal Lionel" because he would do everything to avoid a C section. Obviously if things got extreme he would, but his record for C sections was extremely low.

My cousin is a Midwife in one of Ireland biggest Maternity hospitals and she said she's shocked at how quickly some of the obstetricians in her hospital will just go with a C section at the smallest problem, but of course it would be her job if she ever said anything.

[ Last edited by shinny at 9-13-2009 21:48 ]

Reply 3175#3175 waterlilybarb's post

This made me lol - hope you are feeling better.

I'm here to vent.....

...I apologise in advance!!

Why do people, who clearly don't have one ounce of talent or creativeness, always try to tear down others who do? Is it just the plain old green eyed monster???

I'm not talking about myself, btw!!

I just want to shake people like this and say so lets see you do better!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8......

Thread