Thread
Printable Version

The girly`s ......giggle box

Reply 1355#1355 waterlilybarb's post

Thanks for sharing Barb, that's really nice.

Penny, why were you up at 4am? Hope all is ok.

Arielle, glad to hear your hair turned out like you wanted !! I must check out that song.

Reply 1361#1361 studiojek's post

lol, I'm not surprised you are confused. We started talking about it Here go down to post 7 (Tina's)

[ Last edited by shinny at 1-28-2008 14:24 ]

Reply 1371#1371 penny3760's post

Penny, sorry to hear that. Wow, your Mum was a great age. I know it must be hard for your Dad since she has gone.

My Nana died last April and she was just 92. It was hard to say goodbye to her, but she lived a good age. My cousin (same age as me) died two weeks before her. He got the shingles and it attacked his brain. Very very rare, but he was in that rare percentage. Was a very difficult time for our family. So when my sister got married last August, it was a welcome change from the family meeting at funerals.

I'll keep your Dad in my thoughts. You look after yourself too.

Reply 1382#1382 penny3760's post

Sure, will do Penny

Meg, so where are you going on your honeymoon???

Welcome aboard Musicman. They are a "crazy" bunch in here alright & I think I might be too!!

Tina, I clicked on the thread and I was like, where is that music coming from !!

Reply 1420#1420 penny3760's post

I never heard of it before Penny, but is this a good explanations?

The bump was a primarily 1970s fad dance wherein the main move of the dance is to lightly "bump" hips on every other main beat of the music. As the dance (and the evening) progressed, the bumping could become more intimate, bumping hip to backside, low bending, etc. There were several songs that were inspired by the bump one of which was called "The Bump" by Kenny but the song that is most remembered is "Give Up The Funk (Tear The Roof Off The Sucker)" by George Clinton and Parliament, which was released in 1976. The lyric in the song is "we want the funk", but has been mistaken for "we want the bump".

courtesy wikipedia

It was a little colder here today, about 6 or 7 c. It was warmer up until that. We don't really get extremely cold weather anymore. Probably about -2 would be the biggest extreme in cold we'd get nowadays.

Now, Melbourne (where my brother is) is a different story altogether. It could go from 35c to 16c in the space of a few hours !!

[ Last edited by shinny at 1-30-2008 20:11 ]

Reply 1429#1429 waterlilybarb's post

Wow, I wouldn't be able to handle the weather changing like that !! Although, we have to put up with alot of Rain here.

Where abouts in Canada are you? It's one place I really want to visit & it's probably on the cards for next year. I'll have to pick your brains for where to go and when !!

Reply 1437#1437 imarielle626's post

It's all go at the moment Arielle !

Reply 1446#1446 waterlilybarb's post

Wow, have fun Barb. 24 years, you have sooooooooooo much catching up to do.

I recently met up with some girls I used to know in secondary school (high school) so it's about 14 years since I had seen them. We had such a good night, now we meet up every 4 months or so.

Reply 1453#1453 casper27's post

That looks extremely painful - ouch

Reply 1456#1456 penny3760's post

Lol Penny !!

Years ago, after having my little brother, my Mam suffered really badly with haemorrhoids. Anyway, she sent my Dad into the chemist (drug store) to get them. She told him it was called something else, as a joke, so this is how the conversation went:

Assistant: Can I help you Sir?
My Dad: Yes, I'm looking for a cream called "Pile On"
Assistant: Hmm, I'm not sure I know what that is; let me check with the Pharmacist.
Pharmacist: Sir, you are looking for a cream called "Pile On?"
My Dad: Yes
Pharmacist: Are you sure that's the correct name sir (beginning to snigger)
At this point my Dad realises my Mam (who is notorious for doing things like this), is playing a trick on him
My Dad: Hmm, maybe it's called something else. It's a haemorrhoid cream.
Pharmacist: Yes, you want Preparation H. I'll get that for you now Sir.

When he got back into the car, my Mam was nearly sick from laughing.....

Reply 1458#1458 casper27's post

Craig, my Mam is terrible for doing things like this and she's very witty. We've all got a touch of her humour, but she is the master.

They keep eachother young though. Nobody laughs harder at my Mam's "jokes" than my Dad !!

Reply 1462#1462 waterlilybarb's post

That's so funny Barb. My Mam accidentally sprayed air freshener in her hair once instead of hair spray.

Reply 1466#1466 penny3760's post

I read that too Penny. I also read that it thins out the skin under you eyes too !! So you might be wrinkle free but eventually start looking very opaque !!!

Reply 1470#1470 imarielle626's post

That is a pity Arielle, at least they are putting your safety first. It is a funny irony that you can't ski because there is too much snow. Who'd have thunk it?!!

Reply 1473#1473 waterlilybarb's post

It's crazy when you think about it like that.

We are expecting snow here this weekend. It's cold enough. But we don't get snow falls like we used to do. I remember when I was about 10 and the snow was up to my knees. You'd be lucky to get a inch now !!

Good old global warming

Reply 1476#1476 penny3760's post

As far as I remember, it's says in the Bible that when all the season become one, the end is  near!

And that's what is happening. Our winter was very very mild last year. You could hardly tell it from Autumn and our Summer was awful, was more like Winter.

Reply 1480#1480 studiojek's post

Congratulations Studio

Reply 1482#1482 waterlilybarb's post

Hey Barb, I actually never read it. I saw it quoted as "coming" from the bible. But you know how people put their own interpretation on things from the bible, so perhaps that's where it came from. I'm sure I heard it mentioned in Church though? I'll have to ask my brothers friend, he's a priest.

Thread