Thread
Printable Version

The girly`s ......giggle box

Thanks everyone! Girls do rock, don't they? And she can one day become part of the Girly's Giggle Box!!

Reply 2699#2699 shinny's post

Not sad AT ALL, the husband and I will be catching up on Lost episodes tonight so I can relate completely Shinny!!

Bala, I sure hope this site'll still be here, I think when she's 13 I'm going to need the distraction!!

Reply 2702#2702 themegababe's post

How exciting - scary - and frustrating, and a load of other adjectives! Are you doing renovations on it or decorating or just moved right in?

Arielle - I am so annoyed with Global Warming and weather too - it has literally been mostly rain here for the past 5 MONTHS. A little chilly, but not a real winter, and just rain, rain AND MORE RAIN. Ugh.

Barb, the winter blues are rough - hope they pass soon. The days do seem to be getting a little longer so hopefully that means Spring is on its way!

Reply 2706#2706 waterlilybarb's post

Sorry Barb - I've had to cut down on the caffeine but not entirely cut it out. And I'm not much of a tea drinker, but I can definitely tell the difference between regular and decaf coffee, so I'm sure decaf tea won't be the sure-fire answer to your problems either.

Reply 2722#2722 waterlilybarb's post

Feel better soon Barb! My husband's got the flu, plus my mom just left early this morning after a week-long intense visit, so I'm EXHAUSTED and in bed myself!!

Reply 2717#2717 gypsiegirl66's post

Welcome back Gypsy!!! Hope you're recovering well, we've missed you =)

Reply 2739#2739 waterlilybarb's post

Yay Barb, that's great - how nice of your neighbor!! Glad to 'hear" you in better spirits. Pick up lots of canned foods just in case you have another snow problem, though I hope you won't!

Shinny, your little video there of Hilary Clinton ditching Bill for Obama is too funny!!!

Reply 2741#2741 waterlilybarb's post

Yes, I can imagine that kind of cold...well...would make you want to curl up and never go out! My SIL is Canadian and told me there are those car chargers that you hook up to your car during the night so the next morning you can turn them on from inside and get them warmed up before heading out in -40 weather!

Feel better soon!

Reply 2748#2748 waterlilybarb's post

If I lived in such a cold climate I think I'd get myself some very comfortable, stylish pajamas and never ever leave them! =) Glad you managed to get to the store and stock up Barb!

Shinny, seriously, it's Bill's puckering up that is just too funny!!!! Poor guy...I guess he's still paying for his past!

Reply 2752#2752 waterlilybarb's post

-24 (or minus anything) is soooo far below my comfort level, I don't know how you do it Barb! (and cshapiro!)

Reply 2764#2764 waterlilybarb's post

Oh dear Barb, it's just one thing after another isn't it??!! Hope you get the car problems worked out soon.

Hi everyone, just checking in - I was away visiting my family and just got back into the swing of things. Being almost 7 months pregnant and working 8-hour days is HARD, sheesh!

What's up around the Giggle Box? I'm going to go have a look at some of the past weeks' posts!

Reply 2787#2787 shinny's post

Congrats! Are all 6 kids your sister's??? What's her name?

Reply 2789#2789 waterlilybarb's post

Actually, I do get a very lengthy maternity leave - 5 months! So happy about that, it will definitely be useful!

Congrats on the apartment Barb, that's great news. Now the packing will be stressful but decorating's fun ;)

Shinny - Ciara is such a pretty name =)

Reply 2802#2802 waterlilybarb's post

I can only dream of things moving that quickly! I'm hoping for the best, expecting the worst =) Oddly enough though, I'm not all that nervous...yet!

Hi ladies!

Meg, I can totally understand how crazed you must be right now - like Barb said that's a lot on your plate!!

Barb, we just cleaned out my husband's study today to turn it into the nursery and it was EXHAUSTING (and we're not finished yet), so I can feel your pain about packing up! Good luck with your yard sale.

Don't worry about scaring me Gypsy, I have heard the WORST stories and then some! The stories don't make me anxious...I guess I just feel like whatever happens will happen, because all bodies are different and all babies are different. Wednesday we will study some breathing and relaxation methods at my pre-natal class so that'll help too (or else it will have the adverse effect LOL!).

Reply 2829#2829 waterlilybarb's post

Wow, that looks so GOOD and so DANGEROUS!!!! (the only kind of chocolate cake to eat of course!) Thanks for the recipe Barb! And good luck with the yard sale. How come boxes are so hard to come by over there? Have you tried the post office, that's where I usually get mine.

Reply 2834#2834 waterlilybarb's post

I don't think I've EVER had that problem, forgetting to eat ;) You could put your clock alarm on to remind you, don't want to pass out from fatigue and an empty stomach!

Reply 2853#2853 waterlilybarb's post

Good luck with your sale Barb! I may be in the minority, but I loved the two yard sales I organized!! I love visiting them too -- if I were closer I'd stop by and pick up a little something from your "Barb's Shop" =)

Oh, and a little suggestion if you can be bothered -- set up a little refreshment table, just maybe a jug or two of lemonade. It won't cost you much and will make people more open to shopping!!

Reply 2858#2858 waterlilybarb's post

Oh dear! Well, GOOD LUCK, I hope you end up with NADA!!

Thread