Thread
Printable Version

The girly`s ......giggle box

Reply 2490#2490 meljones_83's post

Welcome back! Oh dear, what kinds of near disasters??!

Barb, congrats on the DSL and have a great trip!

Reply 2495#2495 meljones_83's post

So pretty!! Thanks for the pictures. Loved your flowers and dress =)

Reply 2499#2499 meljones_83's post

I remember from my own wedding day just how overwhelmed with love I felt from EVERYONE. It was a once-in-a-lifetime feeling really (though of course I hope to feel it again someday!)!

Barb, YAY for internet addiction - hey, at least knowing you're coming back to DSL will make the end of your upcoming vacation slightly sweeter!

Reply 2501#2501 themegababe's post

Very funny meez Meg!

mel - LOL, I'm sure he meant it despite the booze

Reply 2504#2504 meljones_83's post

That's great, what a relief! I know you just moved in put I guess you can look at it as a chance for a free new paint job =)

Have a nice Sunday everyone! Mine's been spent catching up on episodes from this week and cleaning the house (guess which thing I've enjoyed more!).

Reply 2511#2511 shinny's post

Hi Shinny! =) Sounds like you've had a fun weekend! I've also had a nice catching up with friends weekend, and tonight we're going to friends' for dinner, though I generally hate going out on Sunday nights since I have work brain looming over me all night!

Barb, WELCOME BACK! Glad the trip went well and that DSL is helping your return be a little less bitter!

Arielle, congrats on becoming a "sister"! Did they make you do all sorts of things, like I always hear about? (sororities and fraternities weren't big at my college so I have no idea, only what I've seen in movies!)

Hi Meg, hi Mel!

Feel better sick ladies!! I guess the change in season does that, it certainly has gotten very cold, very fast over here too.

My parents arrive tomorrow for a week-long visit and I'm looking forward to it, but running around trying to get the house cleaned before they get here!!

Oh and I've been meaning to ask: anyone seen Granny Penny around here lately? If I remember right it's been a while now...

Reply 2542#2542 penny3760's post

I just asked about you! Glad everything's ok!

Hi everyone! Hope you're all keeping warm. To all my fellow Americans, happy belated Thanksgiving Day! My visit with my parents was nice, they left this morning for the airport - but we'll be seeing each other again in a month so it's much easier saying goodbye!

Happy Happy Bday Shinny!

Reply 2553#2553 waterlilybarb's post

I'm so sorry Barb =( That's got to be really hard and sad.

Reply 2559#2559 waterlilybarb's post

Definitely sounds like it's getting easier to deal with having to give away the dog, I'm glad. Don't hurt yourself with all that shoveling though!!

Reply 2589#2589 penny3760's post

Hi Penny, thanks for checking in!

shinny and mel: I am so with you on the needing 2 days off!!! What a crazy week it's been, so busy at work, and it's just been non-stop rain here for almost 2 weeks straight, plus it's the holiday season so everyone's more stressed than usual. Agh! Fridayyyy!!!! =)

barb, how's the snow going? Still having to keep up with the shoveling!?

Reply 2594#2594 waterlilybarb's post

Haha, yes I guess you can feel lucky to be living in the "tropical" part!!

Reply 2600#2600 waterlilybarb's post

Thanks for the pics Barb! That's a lot of snow!

I just got back from a 10-day vacation wtih my family and am totally jet-lagged but relaxed. Luckily I don't have to go back to work for another few days so I can relax and sleep it off!

Did I miss much around here while I was gone? I see there was some talk of chivalry, some illnesses and laryngitis and lots and lots of cold weather!

So, who's back to real life and work today after the holidays? I still have another 2 days off, then Im back full time...arrrrgh! I like my job a lot but coming back after a long break is always hard on the soul!

Reply 2631#2631 cshapiro's post

I also think you sending her a letter when you're away is incredibly sweet, good for you.

I think it's right to raise your kids to help other people, and of course the best way to teach them is through example. However, I don't think it's right to have expectations of other people. Just because you (the general "you") is raised to help doesn't mean everyone has been, but that doesn't necessarily make them bad people, just maybe it's not something they were taught or even think about.

Arielle, welcome back! I remember how horrible it was my first year of college that I had 8am classes on the other side of campus three times a week! I pretty much slept in my clothes to cut time off getting ready in the morning! So I know how relieved you must be to have 1pm classes!

Reply 2667#2667 imarielle626's post

Congrats on your new place Arielle!

Hi everyone! I haven't had a chance to read up the posts I missed - work's been very busy and while I am having a very happy, healthy pregnancy, I am EXHAUSTED lots of the time!!

Hope everyone's well!!

Reply 2669#2669 sddvasquez's post

LOL!! I did make an announcement a while back but it's easy to get lost on here!!

I'm due mid-June, belly's starting to, er, protrude!! We will be finding out the gender - hopefully at my ultrasound next week. We've decided to have the kid here, but whatever the future decides to bring us (or, rather, WHERE the future decides to bring us!) is yet to be seen =)

And you, how have YOU been,? Haven't seen you around in a while!

Barb, I didn't know you were moving again?!

Meg, married life treating you ok?

Reply 2672#2672 waterlilybarb's post

Well, I'm married which in some ways is like having a roommate, but if I weren't and I were a single girl I'd definitely have my OWN place. Having roommates was great, but even with the best of roommates you have to be a lot more considerate than I'm willing to be anymore!

Reply 2682#2682 shinny's post

Snowy snowy snowy indeed! Love the donkey picture =)

Reply 2686#2686 imarielle626's post

Wow Arielle that sounds amazing - hard, like you said, but amazing. That's great, and good for you!

In my own news, we just found out yesterday we're having a BABY GIRL! I'm very excited, as is the husband. =)

As for snow, we have had rain practically non-stop for the past 4 months (no kidding) and I would be so overjoyed at one little snowstorm to change it up some!!

Thread