Thread
Printable Version

The girly`s ......giggle box

Reply 1808#1808 meljones_83's post

Ha ha good one! And, yes, sometimes true!

Hi everyone! How's it going over here in the giggle box? How'd it get that name anyway!? (I suppose I can go back and look at the first posts!) Happy Friday everyone, enjoy your weekend!

Yay I have my first avatar!! My idol: WONDERWOMAN!!!!

Reply 1823#1823 waterlilybarb's post

I would take the airplane, too! - though the rope might come in handy! That was the part of Linda Carter's life for sure!

As for this thread name, I like "giggle box" too - and it's pretty much worked at keeping the boys out LOL!

Ha! To be honest, most of the time I find the whole "I don't get the opposite sex" comments either - and a part of me thinks that they are an excuse. I'm talking men and women here, not just one or the other. I don't think it's that hard to 'figure' people's motives out, if you think about it for a second. Like, why do women often go to bathrooms in pairs? Well, easy one! Because it's an intimate girls-only thing, a chance to bond with a girlfriend where no boys are allowed, it gives us a private break from whatever we're leaving the table/party/bar from...I don't know, it seems pretty obvious to me!

Reply 1828#1828 sddvasquez's post

Oops sorry!!  I thought I had popped back on with the news but I guess that only happened in my head Thanks for the congrats!

Reply 1829#1829 waterlilybarb's post and shinny's post

I completely agree here, supportive women are a powerful force and I'm not sure why we don't utilize that force more often! Obviously it has a lot to do with feeling competitive or envy. I guess if you're content with yourself then you don't feel the need to be competitive or envious of anyone and therefore can be supportive. Just my Psych 101, I will start charging soon LOL!

Reply 1835#1835 themegababe's post

LOL! Yes, it is really nice. When I was younger (in highschool and college) I wasn't very good at choosing friends and a lot of them were competitive and hated it when things went well for me - luckily those people aren't in my life anymore. As I got older, I made a lot of truly fabulous friends, all of whom cheer me on through everything, good and bad. I also think if you reap it, you sow it.

Reply 1842#1842 imarielle626's post

Welcome back!! Keep hydrated!!

Reply 1846#1846 waterlilybarb's post

I'm sorry you've been feeling sick barb, please take care of yourself! Thanks for checking in.

Reply 1848#1848 waterlilybarb's post

I won't even try to give you any anti-headache advice, you've probably tried it all. Get some rest is all.

I like that image meljones! Looks like it's carved wood?

Arielle, that sounds very sad, I'm glad you went to pay your respects.

Mel, you could maybe look into making an online photo album for them,  sometimes there are good deals on shutterfly?

Barb, how you feeling today?

Reply 1861#1861 waterlilybarb's post

Haha!!! FUnny one!

Reply 1864#1864 gypsiegirl66's post

Wow, that is a LOT of stuff to deal with Gypsy. I hope you are feeling ok...I guess at least you got a nice vacation out of all that, as well as some nice time with your husband, and the knowledge that your daughter's not being stalked anymore.

Take care, I'm glad to have you back, safe and sound!

Reply 1867#1867 gypsiegirl66's post

I was (obviously!) a big fan too and loved climbing on the jungle gyms near my house pretending I was fighting criminals!

I think the payoff for growing up and getting older is that you lose that innocence, but you learn so much along the way - oh that and you can eat that piece of chocolate cake if you darn well please

Reply 1876#1876 gypsiegirl66's post

Agh, I hope you feel better soon Gypsy! Same to you Barb, glad you slept

Reply 1907#1907 meljones_83's post

I know, I'm starving now too!!

Reply 1912#1912 waterlilybarb's post

Oh man that just SUCKS Barb.

I may have already asked you this, but have you tried acupuncture? My friend, the one with the awful headaches, started acupuncture and though it's not a panacea she's feeling a lot better.

Reply 1932#1932 bala's post

We never really know how we'll deal with things, the people we'll meet, what the future holds, so never say never bala!!

Hi everyone!

Here's a funny forward I got from a friend I thought might make you smile:

"Menopause Jewelry"
My husband, being unhappy with my mood swings,
bought me a mood ring the other day so he would be
able to monitor my moods.

We've discovered that when I'm in a good mood, it
turns green. When I'm in a bad mood, it leaves a
big frickin red mark on his forehead.

Maybe next time he'll buy me a diamond.   Dumb ass.

Reply 1952#1952 shinny's post

LOL!! That was hysterical!! Thanks!

Your weekend sounds like it was very nice

Thread