Thread
Printable Version

The girly`s ......giggle box

Reply 3760#3760 waterlilybarb's post

They also break out the shorts in February in New Jersey, too (where I'm from)! One day of sunshine and they pull their flip-flops out too hehe!

My friend's visit was great - went too fast! She was here for a week and my daughter just fell in love with her! I've found that, now that I'm a mom, my friendships have even more importance and meaning for me. I guess maybe it comes from a deeper understanding of how important human relationships are - but also because I think, as a person and not just a mom, I've realized how important it is for me to have my own "points of reference," to help me get through the difficulties of parenthood. Don't know if that makes any sense!

Reply 3762#3762 waterlilybarb's post

Of course! Yes, as we grow up I think we learn to appreciate what's good for us and start to (finally!) understand what's bad for us!

Reply 3764#3764 waterlilybarb's post

Hi Barb! I hardly ever get over here to the giggle box anymore! But it's good to see your post - I have my fingers crossed for your  new doctor. You deserve to start feeling well again.

All's ok here...just livin and lovin! =)

Reply 3771#3771 shinny's post

We're having similar adjustments at work - old boss out, new boss in...now we've been informed that the old company is going bankrupt and a new company is taking over. Never a dull moment...keeping my fingers crossed that I survive the rollercoaster!

Happy Passover to those who celebrate and happy (early) Easter!

Reply 3773#3773 shinny's post

Thanks Shinny =) I am feeling optimistic, just holding on tight and keeping my eyes closed till the craziness passes!

Hello all!

Hi everyone! It's been soooooooo long since I last came around to catch up (all summer, I believe!) but now that we're heading back into Fall, I wanted to say HELLO!!! So, HiiiI!!

How are all my old friends doing? Barb, how's things - feeling ok?

All's well here - for those of you who remember me , my daughter is now about 2 years old and (drumroll please), we'll expecting #2 in April! Ahhh!!! We're simultaneously excited and terrified

Hope you guys are all well and had a nice summer!

(p.s. Toddlers & Tiaras freaks me out too!!)

Reply 3832#3832 waterlilybarb's post

THanks everyone for the congrats (even you and your wise guy mouth, bala, haha!). It's true, 2 little ones isn't going to be easy - but we've always pictured ourselves as a family of 4.

That's great news about Tina!!

Barb, my fingers will stay crossed that you find the end-all of treatments that will help you get all better, very soon!

Shinny, congrats on your nephew!! Hope you're well =)

p.s. Yep, her name is Sofia. Great memory, Barb!!

Reply 3839#3839 bala's post

It's ok, I know you by now bala, I didn't take it personally. It IS hard having kids - we went back and forth for a while about whether we could handle a second or not (our first is still a horrible sleeper), but in the end we decided we wanted to be a family of 4. Luckily, the first ultrasound has confirmed that it's not going to be twins! =)

Actually, considering what a hard time we've had with Sofia and her sleep issues, the "standard response" these days is "Was it planned?" Haha!

Reply 3850#3850 bala's post

I wasn't offended by Bala's comments - mainly because I've come to expect them and know he doesn't really mean to be offensive. They're right, though, Bala, you might want to start proofreading, just to make sure!! Catch more flies with honey, and all that

Congrats Tina!!

Reply 3856#3856 gypsiegirl66's post

Oooh I would LOVE to remain in my "cave" but, alas, the little one won't permit it! I did get a break (thanks, Grandparents!) and was able to buy myself some needed new shoes for 2 weddings this Fall. Yay! (it's the little things!)

Other than that...just enjoying the end of Summer weather here, and about to head out in a bit to our favorite local place for dinner. Not too shabby.

Happy Weekend, everyone!

Reply 3859#3859 waterlilybarb's post

I totally missed all these messages - I take advantage of the few afternoons the little one is busy with the grandparents to catch up on my forums and tv shows! So, my apologies for the long lapses between responses!

Gypsy, hope your head's feeling better by now. Tina, hope your hubby and Adam got back safe and sound! Barb, hope things are ok out there - any snow yet, I remember you having a million and one snow storms last winter!

Here, the weather has been oddly mild - it's JUST starting to get cold, but it's almost December already!

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone! Any fun plans?

Reply 3865#3865 arksongbird80's post

Nice!! I keep saying I should hook my computer up to my tv but then get sidetracked - and now it's winter and I like the heat of the laptop to keep me warm in my cold house!!

Looknig forward to Thanksgiving - though I won't be able to get home this year, it'll just be us with the in-laws. Oh well! Pumpkin stuff and turkey anyways!

Reply 3868#3868 bala's post

Oh my!!! Those are some seriously BAD parent fails! Ha, thanks for the laugh.

@Barb: if you ever find any of those money tree seeds laying around, send some over my way!!!

Reply 3871#3871 waterlilybarb's post

Wow, that would be fantastic! I wish the U.S. health system would learn something from the Canadian health system!!!

Good luck, Barb! If you get rid of your migraines, you might not even care if you have a money tree or not anymore! ;)

Happy 2012 Giggle box!

Just thought I'd come for a little visit and say HAPPY NEW YEAR, 9 days late ;)

How were everyone's holidays? Anyone have a really interesting New Year's Eve? I always despise NYE, too much pressure! But this year we were together with the whole family someplace warm, so it was nice.

Take care everyone!

Reply 3882#3882 shinny's post

I know, the weather world-wide is a bit worrisome this year! Global warming!

That is a crazy story about your sister and the cork -- OUCH! I'm glad she now has a happy memory to replace it with. When will the wedding be? Will you be in the wedding do you think?

Reply 3896#3896 waterlilybarb's post

That is AWFUL Barb!!! And the very last thing you needed I'm sure. Hope you get your hands on some Calgon

Reply 3899#3899 waterlilybarb's post

Well, a water heater - that seems like that would be the most useful thing right now. Hope it gets resolved today - that's a long time without water =(

Reply 3902#3902 waterlilybarb's post

Ooh! Yay! If I were you, I'd be showering every 10 minutes just 'cause I could!  Congrats, Barb Hope today goes off without any crisis!!

Thread