Thread
Printable Version

The girly`s ......giggle box

Those lazy cats! They should work for their supper!
Thanks for your well wishes -- baby even slept a full night last night, let's hope it's not a fluke!

Reply 3208#3208 themegababe's post

Ouch to your throat but yay for free tickets! How fun!

I'm not a huge beer drinker myself, but I love a cold glass of Pilsner in the summer! I'm more of a wine drinker...that is, before getting pregnant and then nursing...haven't had a nice glass of wine in a looong time now!

Hi everyone!

Just popping on to see what's up - lots of vaccine talk! We've decided not to look into vaccinating the baby - she is getting my antibodies through my milk and hopefully that will be enough. Our doctor seemed to believe she's just too small for it at 5 months, and if my husband and I were to get it, we would be carriers.

Barb, feeling like your old self again?
Meg, good luck with trying to get pregnant-- it didn't happen immediately for us either, but  try not to stress about it as stress can be a problem when trying to conceive! =)

Reply 3227#3227 themegababe's post

It'll happen! I suggest a weekend away ;)

Reply 3229#3229 shinny's post

Oh no shinny, that sounds AWFUL! =( I can't imagine going a whole flight (that long no less!) with a stomach bug. Any idea what it might have been that food poisoned you, if that's it?

Reply 3242#3242 cshapiro's post

I think I didn't express myself well.
Yes, 5 months is too young, but the vaccine is as far as I know given at 6 months, and that's what I meant - too little.
As for breast milk and antibodies, as far as I know here too, breast milk does in fact pass on my antibodies. I didn't mean to imply I could protect her from the H1N1, but meant that as long as I can help keep her immune system up via breast millk, she will hopefully be healthy enough not to get it.

Ok off the flu topic!
Hiiiii all! Everyone in the holiday spirit yet? I can't quite get there yet, too much other stuff going on!
Sofia's growing and changing daily, she's great! I'm looking into day care since I have to go back to work (part-time at least) mid-January. I'm going to miss her!!! But the places we've looked at seem nice, for the most part!

Meg, I would *LOVE* to go camping for New Year's, that sounds like so much fun!
Barb, how you feeling? Get the painting done?

Reply 3261#3261 waterlilybarb's post

Am rooting for you Barb. I can only imagine how ready you are to find a solution!!!

Reply 3254#3254 shinny's post

You get a bit more paid leave than here I think. I got 5 months (1 before giving birth, 4 after) at 80% of my salary, then I can take a total of 6 more months at only 30% of my salary. I took the first 5 obviously, then added on another 3. I have 3 more at my disposal to use before Sofia turns 3 years old I believe.  Anyway, it's never enough time! I'm really going to miss her when I go back, but thank goodness it's only part-time, and really she's such a social animal, day care will be good for her (I hope!).

Good idea not going near Times Sq. on New Year's - I did it when I was in college and it was a NIGHTMARE! But NY during the holidays is spectacular, I really miss it! Can't wait to bring Sofia when she's a little older.

Bala, I would LOVE to catch up on all my shows, but it's just not possible! Maybe in a couple more years, while the baby's playing by herself! =)

Barb, did your brother come over, everything finished?

Meg, what will you and the hubby be doing for New Year's this year?

Reply 3264#3264 waterlilybarb's post

Ha, yeah well I wouldn't want you to overdo it with a real dance of joy!! That'll happen after you get your allergy testing done!! =)

Barb, hope you're not too turkeyed out! Are you feeling any different with the restrictions?

Shinny, sorry your NYC plans fell through.

Jannah: wanna come over here and babysit my little one so I can get a sleep break? ;)

Fingers crossed over here for Tina!!

Happy holidays everyone, if I don't get a chance to come back on before then!

Reply 3280#3280 sddvasquez's post

Hi there!! Well, "back" is a bit of an overstatement, I get on rarely with the Little Miss around to keep me busy =) All's well though...and you??

Reply 3285#3285 waterlilybarb's post

Yay! What color and fabric is it? Congrats! A couch makes a home =) What were you using before, a chair??

Reply 3287#3287 waterlilybarb's post

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I totally understand the dance of joy over what might SEEM like just an inanimate object...nothing like feeling like HOME!!!! Enjoy it Barb!

Reply 3301#3301 gabsimom's post

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! My little Sofia also came by way of emergency c-section, so I feel your pain (literally!). My advice: drink lots of water, get lots of help so you can sleep, avoid any sources of stress (meaning, if you have to kick people out of your house, do it!). And, the old and never too cliche': ENJOY IT, it really goes by so fast!!!

Oh, and I also would have pronounced the name like you intended it!

Hi girls!

Barb, so if you have a migraine again does that mean your diet cutting stuff out didn't work, or did you discover then what it might be triggered by?

Reply 3324#3324 penny3760's post

Penny, that sounds awful =(

Hi all! Just jumping on again for a quick hello! Don't have much time for show watching, though my husband and I just established "Mommy Wednesdays" so I can get a break in the evening. last week I went out for pizza with a friend, tomorrow I may just hole myself up in my room with my shows!

Question: how come all of Bala's posts have been blocked/deleted? Is everything ok? Did I miss something?

Reply 3333#3333 waterlilybarb's post

Oh dear, good thing it "only" caused a migraine, eeks!

Hi all, I'm on my way out to work, I started back a week ago and it's ok...it's hard leaving the family in the morning, but I'm only working part-time in the mornings so I can't really complain!

Have a good day everyone!!

Haha @ McDreamy!

Hi ladies!

Barb, here in Italy I could have taken up to a year too, but 6 months of those are only at 30% pay, so i opted not to. I'm not sure being alone just the 2 of us all day is really good for either of us anyway, though. Sofia is a very social creature and I have a feeling she's going to enjoy the stimulation of other kids and stuff. At least I hope so! She starts on Monday, they include the parents in what they call the "insertion" process (loose translation!), which basically means I'll be there with her, slowly leaving her more and more time, and then finally leaving for a bit, until she's ready to go. Keep your fingers crossed for us!

Barb, well, I guess you get chicken again! I think I told you I have a friend in the exact same migraine place as you. She also has yet to find the real culprit. But she's a graphic designer and often in front of the computer. I'd miss you, but have you ever tried takng an extended vacation from your computer, see if that might be affecting it? (I wouldn't have the strength myself!)

Shinny, yeah, what's this about long Irish weddings? Why's that?

Reply 3340#3340 waterlilybarb's post

Ok well then I can officially say that THAT JUST SUCKS =( It'd be nice if one day they could find a cure for them...I'll keep hoping for you!

Reply 3362#3362 themegababe's post

Aww that's cute =) Nope, we don't celebrate either, so we didn't do anything special. Just hung out with the little one. I wouldn't have minded a little chocolate though...!

Thread