Thread
Printable Version

The girly`s ......giggle box

Reply #524 gabsimom's post

You are such a nerd.

And Gypsie, I'll check out the game tomorrow, as I'm intrigued as to what you changed.  But now, I REALLY must get some sleep.

Good-night girls!
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply #526 gabsimom's post

Why, thank you!  I wear my nerdiness proudly.

Reply #528 gypsiegirl66's post

I just logged in, and I see there's trouble afoot, yet again.  People need to learn how to just chill out.  I understand they are frustrated by the inconvenience, but the whining is starting to get over the top.

Don't worry, Gypsie, I won't let those Goa'uld get me.

Reply #530 gabsimom's post

I just watched episode 4 of season 3 SG Atlantis.  It was SO good!  It was the one where Ronan was recaptured and tagged by the wraith, then put back on his home planet.  It was rather touching to see Shepard talk about the team as his family, and cool to see some of Ronan's backstory.  I know, this should be in the Atlantis forum, but you guys are my nerds-in-arms when it comes to all things Stargate.   I just had to share it with you.

p.s. Hey Tina, exactly where can I get that wraith repellent.  After that episode, I'm feeling rather creepy-crawly.

Reply #533 gypsiegirl66's post

With 10 seasons of SG-1, and Atlantis getting ready to start season 2, you're set for a while...not including the other shows you already watched before.  I'll tell you though...the wraith, in Atlantis, are definitely the creepiest enemies I've seen.  Much worse than the Goa'uld!  Just wait and see.

Reply #541 gypsiegirl66's post

The quiz is based on the Graphic Novels found at http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/novels/
If you haven't read them yet, they are a great way to find out some background info on the characters.  I love them...they've kept me going through the summer break.  Feel gree to take a stab at the quiz, it's open for a week, and I love to give out points.

Reply #543 gypsiegirl66's post

I hear that!  I try not to be TOO competitive, but I was an athlete too.  It's a hard habit to break, but a little goes a long way, so I try to keep it in check so as not to be too obnoxious with it.

Reply #546 gypsiegirl66's post

Sorry, things have been a little crazy the last few days.  I've had a migraine...really sucks, and a friend of mine passed away unexpectedly, so I had a funeral to attend.  She was 87, but in fairly good health.  For her sake, a quick heart attack is not a bad way to go, but it's still hard on her family.

No lovely trips to Tunisia for me either.   Today, I slept much of the day away...a much needed sleep, I might add.  I logged in briefly to check out the quizzes.  I closed the Farscape quiz, but had a couple more takers for the Heroes quiz.  YAY!  I get to give away points.   That always makes me feel good.  Like a little gift.

I'm up to episode 8 of season 3 now in Atlantis.  I'm trying to finish the season before the new one begins.  I suppose I should go over to the thread that lists the premiere dates, so I know when that is.   Tonight was the final performance show of Canadian Idol, so I spent a couple hours on the phone voting for my favourite.  You see, I'm not just a sci-fi nerd, I'm an all around nerdy girl.   Tomorrow night is the big finale, and I'll find out who wins.  The two finalists were both good, but one is definitely more ready for an actual career in the music industry.  He's a good singer and musician...has a firm sense of who he is as an artist and is mature enough to handle the pressure.  But, you never know.  Tomorrow night's show should prove entertaining and interesting.

That's my ramble for the night...sorry I missed you again.  I might pop back in later, if I watch an episode, so I'll see if you're around.  If not, I hope you have a good rest and I'll catch you tomorrow.   Don't be BLUE, if you can help it...be GREEN like me.   It's not easy...so they say, but it sure makes for an interesting life.

Reply #548 gypsiegirl66's post

Green is good, but you're right, you seem more a purple kind of gal.

I just watched another episode and will be watching #10 next.  I checked your list of Fall Premieres and Atlantis starts back up on the 28th of September.  I'll be ready for it.

Tina told me you were holding down the fort for her over in Big Love.  I'm sure you'll do a great job!

Sorry to hear your heads been pounding...today is not too bad for me, but the weather is changing again...so I know I'm in for some rough days.
My head is like a barometer.  I get migraines when the air pressure changes, especially when it changes quickly and drastically...which is often the case here.

Glad to know I'm not alone in my nerd-dom.  It's funny, I used to be rather cool (or thought I was )...I don't know what changed, or if WE are just SO cool, even we can't recognize it.

Reply #550 gypsiegirl66's post

I think it's good to have a diverse choice of entertainment.  I like lots of different shows too, but I'm caught up on them right now.  I'm just trying to make sure I'm ready for the new season.  Other than the obvious, I'm especially looking forward to Numb3rs, Boston Legal (Shatner never fails to make me laugh), ER, Men in Trees, and Heroes.  Those I can watch on TV.

I'll be looking for Atlantis and Battlestar Galactica here, since I don't get sci-fi channel, and will most likely catch 24 here also.  I love it, but one episode a week is painful.  I'll probably wait until their season is halfway through before I start it, so I can a watch a few episodes at a time.  So many shows...so little time.   I REALLY have become a TV junkie.

Reply #552 gypsiegirl66's post

That's funny...my Mum and I watch shows together over the phone.  Our favourites to watch together are Boston Legal (all those Denny Crane-isms by Shatner) and Lost.  We call at every commercial break...have a quick..."What do you think?...Can you believe that?...Wasn't that funny?"...then, "It's back on, I have to go."

I have seen a couple episodes of Prison Break, couldn't get into it.  I was also bummed when they cancelled Crossing Jordan.  I loved that show, and I missed the last episode...total bummer.  NCIS is another show I enjoy, and will watch more regularly now that Gilmore Girls is gone.   They aired at the same time here, so GG won out, but when it was a repeat I watched NCIS, and also watched the repeats of it (new to me) during the summer.

I don't worry about it.  When I was well, I didn't watch nearly as much TV, since my life was much busier.  Now, I still have other interests, and when my head isn't thumping I read a great deal.  I also stay in touch with my friends and help out where I can, so the extra hours watching the boob tube, as my uncle called it, don't cut into real life.  They just fill the time in between.

Reply #554 gypsiegirl66's post

I TOTALLY understand where you are coming from.  It's funny you say you want to write a book, that's something I've been wanting to do as well.  As for reading, mine is varied.  For novels I prefer fiction, but I really just enjoy a well told story, whatever genre.

It's important to recognize your limits, I well know, but equally important not to impose extra ones on ourselves.  This is something I'm ever mindful of.  Take one day at a time, and do what I can each day.  I figure everyone has their down days, no matter what their circumstances, so I take mine as they come.  Thankfully, these days, I don't get down too often.  I'm grateful to have a naturally positive outlook, or life could look bleak some days.  As it is, life is pretty good, all things considered.

p.s. Thanks for posting a reply in PB.  I'm sure that member will be happy to see a response.

Reply #556 gypsiegirl66's post

I'm jealous now...of the pool.  I love to swim, but haven't had a chance at all this summer.

The finale of Canadian Idol was on tonight and my guy won!  YAY!   My votes were not in vain.   It was a very entertaining finale, as well.  Bon Jovi, Avril Lavigne, and last year's idol, Eva Avila performed as well as the top 10.  Great performances and a really good outcome.  Made my day...that's for sure.   It takes so little, really, to put a smile on my face.

Reply #558 gypsiegirl66's post

Sounds like a nice fella.

Reply #560 gypsiegirl66's post

I'm the same, especially since I became a mod.  I came to the site looking for a place to watch the shows I had missed.  Now I'm lucky if I watch one episode.  I'm trying to be a bit more balanced with it, especially while it's not so busy.  Once the new season starts, people will be posting in the forums about the shows, and I'll be kept on my toes again.

p.s. Is he a spy?

Reply #562 gypsiegirl66's post

I'd rather stay alive, thank you very much.

You will definitely notice a difference when new episodes start airing.  People talk about shows, episodes, characters, and in cases of shows like Lost and Heroes, we like to discuss theories on what's going to happen and where we think the story is headed.  It really is good fun.  You'll enjoy it.   

p.s. Those dancing shoes better be sturdy.

Reply #567 gypsiegirl66's post

I'm up to episode 12 now...only 9 more to go.  I'll be ready for season 4!

I've been away today because my sister had a baby last night.  I have a beautiful new nephew, and a VERY sore little sister.  She had to have an emergency C-section...but everyone is healthy and safe now.  I'm a bit tired, and will be at the hospital for a while tomorrow as well.  It's not far from where I live (closer than where my sister lives), so I'm taking advantage of the time with my sis and the baby.  So far, my niece is excited...sort of.   She likes the idea of a brother more than the fact of him, I think.  She's 6...going on 21.

The new duds look good on ya girl!  Glad I could finally make my welcome post.

Hey Tina!  Nice to see you in Tunisia.  I hope the holiday is going well and was sorry to miss you earlier.

Reply #571 gypsiegirl66's post

Glad you liked the welcome...I kept checking your status before I went to bed the night before, to see if LBJ had appointed you yet, but had to wait until the morning.  As for the pics, I've only learned how to do that since I came to this site.  Jane (janenjab) helped me a lot, and explained how to do that for me...along with a few other things.  Everyone is so helpful here, and it has helped me be a bit more 'puter savvy.

I see you've been busy...those skis have you flying!  Both of your forums are looking good.  Keep up the good work.

p.s. Had a great time today.  I spent a few hours at the hospital, getting to cuddle my nephew for much of the time.  Was also able to help my sis out, with getting around.  He's such a little peanut...only 6lbs 4oz, but he's so alert, quite content...so far not a big cryer...and has big blue eyes.  I'm hoping they either stay blue or turn green.  My sister and niece have brown eyes, but I have green eyes like our dad.  He died when my sister was only 19 months old...the baby's middle name is our dad's name...and I would love it if at least ONE of my nieces or nephews had our eyes.  They tell me to have my own baby if I want one to look like me , but there's not a chance I'd start having kids now...even if I were married.  If I really had wanted children, I would have had them in my 20's.  Besides, with poor health it would be way too much work.  I can enjoy everyone else's kids, and when I'm tired, I can send them back home.  It's the best of both worlds, really.

Reply #573 gypsiegirl66's post

Does it give a message like the image is too big?

Reply #575 gypsiegirl66's post

Could be a temporary glitch in the system.  Have you tried reloading your old board avatar to see if that works?  Try it, you can always remove it again.

Thread