Thread
Printable Version

The girly`s ......giggle box

Reply #453 gypsiegirl66's post

Glad to know another gal will cop to being a geek.  I'm one of the mods for Heroes, so come check out our forum when the new season starts.  It's quite lively when there are new episodes.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply #456 gypsiegirl66's post

Well, it ought to be.  It took us ages to MacGyver it.

FYI, MacGyver is a role that Richard Dean Anderson, aka Colonel Jack O'Neil played some years back.

Reply #467 gypsiegirl66's post

You'll be in Florida now.  Hope you had a good flight.

Reply #469 gypsiegirl66's post

Glad you arrived home, safe and sound.  I also hope the EU server will work for you.

I had some trouble with it myself, but I think I was trying to watch when it was primetime over there.  I did get to watch the first episode of season 3 SG Atlantis...it just took longer, and many restarts - dragging the bar to where it timed out or where it got stuck connecting.  It was worth it though, because it was a great episode.

Reply #471 gabsimom's post

Hey there Tina, if you're still in the kitchen, I could murder a cuppa... "Earl Grey - hot." (guess the quote - earn a point)

Been offline with an evil migraine.  The meds are working right now, so I thought I'd pop in.  I find I'm not getting a very good connection to the EU server, so I've not tried to watch anything today...not that I could have anyway, with my poor head thumping.

I'm up to season 3 episode 2 of SG Atlantis.  I can't wait until the US server is back up, so I can watch the rest of the season.  I've only seen a couple of random episodes, so it'll be all new for me.  Exciting!  Boy, I'm even nerdier than I thought.

Reply #474 gypsiegirl66's post

Sorry to hear you were feeling rough too.  I know, for me, flying can cause a headache the next day because of the pressurized cabin.  Maybe you too?

Anyway, I'm SO glad the EU server is working well for you.  You're coming along quite nicely in your viewing.  Pretty soon you'll be my or Tina's padawan.

Once again, I'm made ever more aware that my nerdiness knows no bounds.

Reply #475 gabsimom's post

That table and tea set is a fabulous addition to the place!  I LOVE it, and Moroccan mint sounds delicious.
I'm trying to get caught up so I'll be ready for the new season of SG Atlantis.

Gypsie...sorry to hear you are a fellow migraine sufferer.  They can definitely put a dent, not only in your day but, in your life as well.  With 10 seasons of SG-1, you should have enough to get you to the new Fall season.

Reply #479 gypsiegirl66's post

I did...though it was nought special.  Pumpkin cake sounds de-lish.  You're right, it is the thing for getting into fall.  I'll have a big slice please, with lots of sauce.

Reply #481 gypsiegirl66's post

Mmm, yummy...I can smell it from here.

Reply #483 gypsiegirl66's post

Thanks...I'm in the mood for something sweet.  And yes, my nose is champion when it comes to sniffing out yummy stuff.

Reply #485 gypsiegirl66's post

My mouth is watering already!

Reply #487 gypsiegirl66's post

I will...actually, it makes me feel like having a real treat, but it's too hot to bake. <me sweating
On the other front, glad to hear it.

Reply #489 gypsiegirl66's post

With the humidity today it's about 95 degrees, not as bad as it has been...there's actually a breeze tonight.

Canadian Idol is on now, so I'm logging out.  Catch you either later tonight or tomorrow.

Reply #495 gypsiegirl66's post

That's one of my pet peeves too.  I can tolerate ignorance, but NOT stupidity.
What made your daughter choose Vancouver?  Was she desperate to meet the SG Atlantis team or maybe the gang from Battlestar Galactica?  They both film in and around Vancouver.

Hey Tina, I know caffeine can help a migraine (my meds have caffeine in them...so if I take them I can't drink coffee),  but Pepto?  Does it help with your nausea?  I find it makes me feel pukey.   I do take an anti-nauseant, it's called Gravol here.  Heat just makes things worse for me, so a hot shower is out.  I use ice packs, and if I can manage it, I wet my hair down with water as cold as I can bear.  The one plus I have on my side is I don't have any little ones running around.  On bad days, I just hibernate in the darkest quietest place I can find...even if it takes a sleep mask and ear plugs to achieve.  Having a small child must make it tough when a banger hits.  I'm an Auntie, so I can send them home if I start to feel too rough.

Aren't we a fun bunch.  I wonder what Gary thinks of this place now?    Bet he's glad he finally ceded the place to me when he pokes his nose in now.

BTW, the cake was FABULOUS Gypsie.  I'll have to get the recipe.

Reply #498 silver1978's post

I can tolerate ignorance because people can learn and change.  Stupidity, to my way of thinking, is not just a lack of understanding, but the lack of desire to gain it.  That's why I can't stand stupidity.

p.s. Who changed the title of the thread?  I couldn't find it at first.  I had thought maybe Gary deleted or moved it just to be a brat.

Reply #508 gypsiegirl66's post

Nice to see you've been busy, the pair of you.   

Hey Gypsie, sometimes that band plays here too.  Thankfully they've been quiet these past few nights, and that's without the little blue pills.   Hope they quiet down for you too soon.  In the meantime, enjoy those shows.  At this rate you'll beat Gary, or come close...he watched all 10 years worth in 3 weeks!

Off to check the other threads now, before I head to bed.  Last night, I actually helped someone figure out they're viewing problem...maybe I'll be a Ms. Fix-it again tonight.   That would be nice.

Reply #510 gypsiegirl66's post

Sorry to hear sleep has been so elusive.  It was pretty quiet while I was on last night, no troubled viewers.  It's about 97 degrees here (with humidity), but it will change quickly.  Once winter comes...forget autumn, that lasts about 3 weeks, I'll be in the cold for months on end.  That's OK, I fair better in cold weather than hot.  I just wished autumn lasted longer...that's my favourite season.  

Hope you get to watch some more SG-1...but only if you can't sleep.   Catch you later!

Reply #512 gabsimom's post

Now Tina...that is CLEARLY the writing of a Goa'uld!  Are you certain your wee boy hasn't been overcome by one?

You guys are TOO funny!   Training with the Nox...better than preschool.

So you're a couple of blondes, eh?  Well, I'm a redhead, strictly speaking, but it's almost strawberry blonde.  We could start a girl group.   tra-la-la

And EVERYBODY...remember to keep the iris closed!  We don't want anymore intruders.

Reply #521 gypsiegirl66's post

Glad to know you're doing your part to keep us safe.

BTW, I saw the game you came up with.  Nice job!
It looks good, but it must be a show I haven't seen because I didn't recognize any of the clues.

I'm about ready for bed...it's been a bad day, and I'm just hoping my poor head will allow me to sleep.  
I just dropped in because I have a quiz in the Farscape forum that I needed to check on.  Unfortunately...no new entrants.  Too bad for them, they're missing out on points.  I'm feeling pretty generous these days.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better, and I'll catch you then.  In the meantime, I hope YOU can catch some zzz's.

Thread