Thread
Printable Version

The girly`s ......giggle box

Reply #411 magic4u's post

Oh, Gary...your going to make me blush with that lovely way you have of making a girl feel so welcome.   How do you do it?  You must practice all day to come up with such witty retorts.

And I've told you...this is MY thread now.  I'm the one who's here the most.  Finders...keepers.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

reply #413 magic4u's post

Quote:
Originally posted by waterlilybarb at 7-22-2007 18:02
I like witty repartee, but it hardly seems fair when my opponent is only half equipped.
You stole that from me!  If I had the time today, I'd challenge you to a battle of wits...to the death.  As I'm rather hurried today, you're off the hook.
But you challenging me?  INCONCEIVABLE!

Reply #415 magic4u's post

Patience!  I'll leave when I'm ready, and not one moment sooner.

Reply #417 magic4u's post

Thank you.  I'm actually going to take a nap right now, but I'll leave the 'puter on and virtually sleep in here.    If you do stop by, keep the noise down...I need my beauty sleep.

Reply #419 janenjab's post

I didn't miss it...I just didn't believe it.  I must say...I echo trulee's sentiments above.

Gasps, "Shock and awe!"...it's mine, all mine! Muahahaha!  Rubs hands together oh so sinisterly..."What shall I do first?"

Reply #421 waterlilybarb's post

Initially, I thought I'd bulldoze the place, and rebuild from the ground up.  After further inspection, I've nixed that idea.  The foundation is strong, and the place is decorated very much to my liking.  It's almost like I helped choose the colour scheme.

Now that we've established that I'm leaving things as they were, I'm looking for a house-sitter.  I'm going to be away, and I need a reliable person to look after the place while I'm gone.

Please leave your applications and resumes, and I'll make my decision from them.  Remember, is of the essence.

Thank you from,

The New Proprietress

Reply #423 gymcoach's post

This thread was started before we were moderators.  Magic thought he could carve out a small space of the forum for himself.  I intruded immediately, and have continued to be a little thorn in his side.  It brings a smile to my face to think of him being annoyed by my little posts.  He closed the thread thinking that would deter me, but no such luck.   He recently finally gave up, and gave me the keys to the castle.

This was an open thread for ages.  As you now see, the originator has re-opened this thread.  It was created before there was the Free Chatting forum.  So, you will notice, this thread contains nothing of any real substance, just a bit of silliness.

If you read my post #422, you'll see I'm going away.  Please feel free to leave your application to take care of this thread until my return.

p.s. If I have no takers, I'll re-close this thread until my return.

Any Takers?

Well, I'll check in one more time later, but it seems we have no takers for a caretaker for my new thread.  If I still hear nothing, I will close the thread for the duration of my absence.  

See ya later.

Reply #425 waterlilybarb's post

I see no one is interested in "house-sitting".   That's okay, I've closed the thread, and will possibly reopen it upon my return.  We'll have to wait and see how the is wind blowing then.

Catch y'all when I get back.

Reply #427 magic4u's post

Still not back, but thought I'd check and see how the "house" was standing up.  Hey, Gary, if you noticed the musty smell, why didn't you open some windows.   

p.s. I like your new signature, I see you're a fellow SG-1 fan.

Ricky - I'm Ho-ome!

I have returned!  Windows and doors are opened to air the place out.

Come in and look around.  If you like it - stay a while and I'll put the kettle on.

Reply #430 gabsimom's post

Well, a few months back we did put up some lovely new drapes, in green, my favourite colour.  I guess it's time for a bit of furniture now, as we've all been sitting on milk crates and the floor.   That is except for the little chair I have in "my own little corner".

And sorry, I don't do cappuccino yet.  We'll have to get a machine.  I do have coffee and tea though...and lovely chocolate digestives.

Reply #432 gabsimom's post

Cool cake!  Can I jump into it and travel to some far-off world?

We're very informal here, so help yourself, the coffee's in the pot, the cream/milk is in the fridge and the sugar/sweetener is on the table.

Reply #434 gabsimom's post

It's the plank over the two milk crates.  I guess we'll REALLY have to get a few sticks of furniture, so as to seem more welcoming.

How's this for now?  

BTW, Here's "my own little corner" with "my own little chair".

I think it needs to be recovered (it's kind of boring), but as it's comfy, it'll do for now.

Reply #437 gabsimom's post

Absolutely fabulous!  The Stargate is my favourite part, though the fire pit is a nice touch.

Reply #439 gabsimom's post

I do not follow false gods.  Should I prepare to be destroyed?

BTW, why wasn't the iris working?  Did you forget to close it last time you went offworld?

Reply #442 gypsiegirl66's post

Thanks for dropping in, Gypsie!  The thing in our backyard is a Stargate.  You can probably tell, we're a couple of sci-fi nerds.

Anyway, pull up a seat beside the fire, or have a dip in the pool.  There are refreshments inside, but if you have allergies, BEWARE, there are cats inside.  Help yourself, have a seat and enjoy your show.

Welcome to Xanadu!

p.s. Beware...the Ori have invaded, and they are not to be taken lightly.

Reply #445 gypsiegirl66's post

Sorry you had some trouble in entering.  I think they're gone now, and I'll make sure not to leave the iris open...I can't speak for my compadre. Now that you're in...enjoy the amenities.

BTW, here's a little info on the Ori:

The Ori (pronounced "OR-eye") are characters on the fictional Stargate SG-1 television program. They are a group of "ascended" beings who use their advanced technology and spiritual knowledge of the universe to trick non-ascended humans into worshiping them as gods. They belong to the same race as the Ancients.
They appeared on Stargate SG-1 in its ninth season, replacing the Goa'uld as the show's primary antagonists. While the Goa'uld relied on their technology to pose as gods, the Ori also have enormously potent paranormal abilities in addition to very advanced technology. As Ascended beings, they live on a higher plane of existence with great power and knowledge and are as close to being "gods" as any non-deific being can be.
The Ori fabricated a religion called Origin, which they use to control non-ascended beings, attempting to destroy anyone who rejects it. A central theme in the show is that power does not make someone a god nor entitle them to be worshipped; rather, the way they use great power is the measure of how they should be revered.

Reply #450 gypsiegirl66's post

I never thought I'd be one, but my Mum converted me with Star Trek: The Next Generation.  Now I'm a full-fledged member of the sci-fi geek squad.  My all-time favourite is Farscape, which we just got here.  I love both the Stargates, Battlestar Galactica, Heroes, Smallville and all things Star Trek.  I've seen a few episodes of Dr. Who, and quite enjoyed them, and look forward to watching The 4400, as well as Jekyll, of which I saw the last half of an episode on TV last night...it looks intriguing.

I never would have thought it, but my nerdiness now knows no bounds.  I now boldly go where no women (generally speaking ) have gone before.    My Mum is SO proud.

Thread