Thread
Printable Version

The girly`s ......giggle box

The hairdresser was able to cut out most of the damage, but parts of it were so far up the hair shaft she would have had to shave my head to get rid of it completely.  It's better than it was, and I did lose all the length in the back.  I don't mind, as summer is here, and if it's not long enough to put up, then shorter is better for keeping cool.

Been completely laid out with a bad migraine the past 4 days.    I'm actually still in bed and trying not to move my head.  Ever hopeful that if I rest today it will lift.  Just wanted to check in and let y'all know I'm still alive & kicking.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 3447#3447 studiojek's post

Nice to see you!    A year old already!  Time really flies when you've got a little one around and see how fast they grow.

Still waiting to see whether I'll have to move or not.  There's been no news yet on a buyer, so things are still up in the air.  Blech is right!  I'd like to know one way or another, and I'd prefer NOT to have to move.  No sense worrying about it until I know what's happening.

ARGH!

So much for the showings being finished.  I guess that woman isn't going to buy the building.  I got notice today that the realtor is showing the place tomorrow afternoon.  I'm annoyed!   I've been sick for about a week, and my apartment is a mess.  I fell down just trying to answer the stupid door, so how am I supposed to clean the place?  I wish it would sell already!  It's to the point where I don't even care if that means I'll have to move - as much as I dread the thought of it.

Just had to get that off my chest.  Thought I'd feel better, but knowing how ill I am, it didn't help.  They keep saying it doesn't matter if the place is clean or not, but of course it does!  If the people who look actually buy the place, they will want to see that I'm a good tenant who takes care of the place.  Plus, it matters to ME!  I've been so stinkin' sick that nothing is organized like it normally is, and I'm fed up with it all.  CALGON - TAKE ME AWAY!

Reply 3450#3450 bala's post

Nothing.  Just have a whinge - which I did. lol

Reply 3452#3452 sddvasquez's post

LOL!  Nice to know someone can commiserate.  I think I wound up cutting the fur off that had paint on it, when my cats got too near the paint.  Mineral spirits might work, though I'm not sure if they're toxic.

It IS wicked here, though slightly less so than last week.  I've been running my A/C nearly non-stop.  Thankfully it's an energy star rated one, and the 1st summer hydro bill wasn't crazy.  Hoping the next will be the same.  I've been sick, so haven't been out much, but if I didn't have the A/C I'd be sweltering in here.

I'm off.  Actually cooked today, though it took every bit of energy I had.  I had defrosted some meat, so couldn't wait.  The smell of the food is making me rather nauseous, but hopefully, I'll have a bit of an appetite later.  I cannot afford to lose any more weight..

Reply 3454#3454 sddvasquez's post

LOL! Yes, the fluffy one looked particularly goofy with chunks cut out of his lovely coat.

Have been able to eat a bit the past few days, and am grateful I made a big batch of stuffed peppers.  I'll finish them today.

Hope the rest of the move goes well, and look forward to seeing you back here, once you get settled.  As you said, we'll catch on the flip side!

WAAAH!

I want to scream & cry at the same time, but my head hurts too much to do either.   My car is in the shop.  It wouldn't start, and I was SO hoping it was just the battery, but that would have been too easy.  It better be a fairly minor problem that won't cost too much, because I really do need it.  With being so ill lately, trying to walk or take the bus would just about do me in.  I'll have to find a ride for the errands I have to do tomorrow, as it's a long weekend here, and the banks will be closed on Monday.

I start some new meds at bedtime, to try & help with the migraines.  I hope they help and don't have the awful debilitating side effects the last ones had.  I'm sick of my head pounding to some degree or other EVERY FREAKING DAY!  You would think they would have come up with better treatments by now, but since migraines mostly affect women, it hasn't been until fairly recently they've started putting money into the research - because now it's costing businesses money when the women who work for them have to take time off.

Rant over.  Think good thoughts for my car.

Reply 3457#3457 shinny's post

Congratulations Auntie SinĂ©ad!  That is impressive of your nephew.  Maybe he has a future in the Secret Service. lol

Fit to be tied is a good description of how I am at the moment.  I won't even hear the estimate on the car until tomorrow, and with it being the long weekend, I'm not sure how quick I'll get it back.  When they ring with the estimate (and if it's reasonable) I'll ask if they do loaners.  I have a ton of things to do because I've had to put them off from being laid up with these migraines.  Even if my head is pounding, I can't put off going to the bank.  Stupid landlord!  I had given him cheques for the rent, and he went & lost them!  They were my last ones, so now I have to go get the money out of MY bank, then go to HIS, which is a different bank altogether, to deposit it, as he'll be out of town.  Otherwise, I'd just hand him the cash.  I refuse to buy new cheques until I know if I'm staying here or not, as the minimum is 50 cheques.  I just got rid of the ones with my address from 2 moves ago!

On a happy note, my brother gets the keys to his new house on August 20th.  He also got a puppy (which is still at the breeder's).  He's actually getting excited, which is nice.  I haven't heard him so chuffed about anything in a while.  He'll be living a lot nearer to me, so I will most likely get to see my nephew a lot more (as he will now be living with my brother too - which is what's making my brother the happiest).  I wish I were feeling a bit better so I could help him settle in, but he doesn't have a ton of stuff (unlike me), so it shouldn't take him long at all.

Reply 3460#3460 studiojek's post

Well, I was awakened by the mechanic at about 8am with the quote.  It was very fair, and they had it done by noon.  They even came & picked me up!  Maybe your "magic wand" helped studio.   Then I spent the day running like a headless chook to get EVERYTHING possible done.  I did it! I'm completely exhausted now, but groceries are done (which is more of a hassle these days - with the mostly gluten free diet), I found 2 pairs of paints that fit me, so I don't look like a vagabond with her clothes falling off her arse , and all the other little things (including the banking - NOT so little) I've had to put off with the migraine & the car not working.

Shinny, currently my brother lives on the other side of town, which is about a 20 minute drive if the traffic isn't too bad.  He'll be about 8 blocks away once he moves, so it will be MUCH closer.

How long has it been since you've been back home, studio?  Have any of the family in the States met Sofia in person yet?  I imagine it's a lot more work to travel with an infant, but what a grand time you'll have!

It's been wicked hot & humid here - much more than what is normal.  We've had a lot of storms this summer too.  I think it's strange summer everywhere, as it seems the weather isn't what it usually is anywhere in the world, whenever I check the weather news.

Bala, I have my share of troubles, just like everyone else.  I try not to dwell on them.  Sometimes I just need a whinge to get it off my chest, but for the most part (aside from the evil migraines), I feel very blessed.  I hope things go well for you.  Take your time with your decision and weigh the pros & cons (I always try to do that, and it does help).  I'm sure you'll do what's right for you.

YAY!

Well, so far, the new meds seem to be helping with the migraines.  I've actually had several migraine-free days in a row!  I'm still cautiously optimistic, as I'm still getting some not so pleasant side effects, so I'll have to wait & see if I can continue on these meds.  I'm staying on the low starter dose, as it's working  for now, and I don't need the side effects to increase.  Send good thoughts.  It's not 100% effective (which is fine), but it's the most success I've had to date.

The temperature has cooled down a bit for a couple days, which is a nice relief.  Apparently it's on the rise again tomorrow, so I'm enjoying having the window open while I can.

Reply 3464#3464 shinny's post

I know what you mean.  It's been a while since I've felt that way, but when I do, it's like I want to be anywhere but here.

I got a little cleaning done myself, though not nearly enough.  I'm done in from the bit I did, and at least I now have some of cat fur gone (did a little vacuuming), clean sheets on the bed and freshly showered.  Still wish the cats would learn to pull their weight. lol  They make more mess than I do with all their fur. haha

Reply 3466#3466 sddvasquez's post

YAY for being in your OWN home!   That's great, and the terrace sounds wonderful, especially for the little tarsier (bet she's not so wee anymore).  Even surrounded by boxes, it's nice to have the move over - I know well.   I also know what the dust & furballs can do to a computer.  Gross, isn't it? lol

Reply  3469#3460 bala's post

Bala, sorry to hear things aren't going as you hoped.  Try & keep your chin up.  Things are bound to improve and you never know what's around the next corner.  You don't need to go into detail, but I understand feeling like one's life is standing still.  Be assured it isn't.  Life has a way of surprising us - for good & bad.  Eventually things will start improving, and until they do, try and use your time productively.  Helping others is a great way to help oneself feel better, as well as put a smile on someone else's face.   If there isn't enough to do to help your parents, is there some local charity where you could volunteer your time?  It doesn't have to be anything huge - they appreciate even a few hours a week.  It may sound silly, but volunteer work can really boost your spirits AND it looks good on a resume, which may help with the job situation.  Just a thought.

Reply 3472#3472 bala's post

It is, but I know having a whinge every now & then helps get things off my chest.

Reply 3474#3474 sddvasquez's post

Well done you!  I HATE when you go to all the trouble of getting the right products and they STILL create extra work.  I still have a bit of painting to finish as well, but it's been so hot & humid here I don't want to do it until the weather is better so it will dry properly.  I have the A/C on (which makes it livable), but I prefer being able to air the place out by opening the windows when I paint.

Reply 3476#3476 bala's post

Glad to hear it.

Reply 3478#3478 bala's post

I meant to try to keep a positive attitude.  Sometimes we have bad or sad things happen, and we are all welcome to share such things here, if we feel comfortable doing so.  I have found this to be a very supportive little community, when things are good, and when they're not so good.  It's nice to know people are rooting for you - even people you've never met in person.

Reply 3480#3480 codebreaker's post

All are welcome.  There's always a cuppa waiting and whichever biscuits your prefer are around here somewhere.  Feel free to check the cupboards if you don't see them straight off.  It's self-serve.

I heard about the Pope's visit on the news last night.  You're a wise man staying in & waiting it out.  Make sure you have supplies of snacks (besides necessities) on hand.  I always seem to get a craving for something when I have no way of going to get it.

@bala

Women tend to share more of what's going on in day to day life.  As you see, sometimes it's a while between posts, but we're always interested in hearing about what anyone feels like discussing.  Reminds me of friends I have that I don't get to see often.  We jus pick up from where we left off, like no time has elapsed.

Reply 3484#3484 bala's post

There's nothing wrong with that.  There are personal things I definitely don't share in open forum either.  I have made some actual friends here though, and am comfortable sharing such things with them privately.  

My day to day life is quite uneventful these days, so if I were to post what was going on daily, it would be about as interesting as watching paint dry.

One kind of interesting thing going on around here - my landlord rented out the store downstairs and it's going to be (drumroll please) a CANDY STORE.   I just met the guy today...and no, his name isn't Willy Wonka (it's Gus), more's the pity. lol  It looks very colourful already, so I'll be excited to see it when they have it up & running.  I'm not a big candy eater, but the stores are fun, and maybe it will make my nephew want to visit me, since there's candy so nearby.

Reply 3486#3486 bala's post

I'm actually a bit too thin from being so sick this past year, so there's no worries there.

Reply 3488#3488 codebreaker's post

I sure don't envy you.  I hate feeling inundated by noise when I'm in my own home.

Thread