Thread
Printable Version

The girly`s ......giggle box

Reply 3190#3190 themegababe's post

That doesn't sound appealing.  Is it alcohol or like ginger beer?  You should make sure to drink some before visiting the relatives over the holidays (the ones you don't see often) and give them something to talk about. LOL
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 3192#3192 shinny's post

On the mend but still not great.  A little feverish and still have the laryngitis (super frustrating) but my appetite is starting to improve.

Two years!  Time sure flies, eh?   Sure glad you stuck around.   My sign up date is in March, but I discovered the site in February of 2007 - when there was only tv-video.net and just a handful of shows.  I was delighted though, as I could watch the episode I had missed of Heroes (the weather had knocked out the power when it was on).  I didn't actually join until I wanted to post a thank you to Dan for his suggestion on how to get that flash player to work.  I've been here ever since.

Reply 3194#3194 gypsiegirl66's post

Thank you Gypsie.   It's getting quite chilly here and a cuppa is just what the doctor ordered.

Reply  3196#3196 nye87's post
Jannah, that looks yummy!  Wish I could click me a piece off the screen.

Reply 3199#3199 studiojek's post

Glad to hear you're enjoying motherhood so much, and that your girl is so delightful.    I feel for you on the colic, but thank goodness it's not a constant.  Apparently I was an extremely colicky baby, and my poor Mum was only 18 and did her best to find a solution.  I screamed so much that I wound up giving myself an umbilical hernia ('til my little belly popped, my Mum used to say)...not fun for anyone, I imagine.

This cold just won't go away, but I'm OK.  Trying to muster an appetite today - though yesterday I had a pretty good one and managed a couple bowls of soup.  I got a little bit more painting done.  I think it's the fumes that have put my appetite off today.   

Just ranting

I'm so sick of being sick!  My throat is killing me again, and my tonsils are swollen.  This stupid bug (or maybe they're over-lapping bugs) just won't go away.  I want a magic wand to finish my apartment and so I can have soup appear whenever I want it.  Off to make more hot drinks - REALLY want a proper cup of tea but the caffeine won't be helpful at this hour.  I barely sleep anyway, so I just might risk it.  

I went out yesterday to the pharmacy & grocery store (for all of an hour) and was so done in when I got home it's ridiculous.  On the upside, Glee was very funny last night.

Peace, out.

Reply 3202#3202 studiojek's post

Thank you!   I've been drinking my juice (usually I either just take my vitamins or eat fruit, but could use the extra calories while I'm under the weather) and eating what I can.  I only have tinned soup left (though it's a good one).   I continue to try & convince the cats they could make me cups of tea & soup if they just tried, but they're still having none of it.

Not even gonna whinge about the migraine that's burgeoning.  Just took some drugs and hopefully it will disappear.

Hope today finds you with a happy baby & feeling well.

Reply 3204#3204 studiojek's post

Weird...I posted a comment yesterday, but my connection was pretty crappy, so obviously it didn't work.  Frustrating.

The pumpkin beer doesn't sound all that appealing to me, neither does the Orange Wheat beer, but I'm pretty picky about my beer and like it to taste like beer. LOL

My cold seems to be gone...YAY, now just struggling with the insomnia.  Ain't life grand?  Sorry, that was negative - I've had kind of a not so good couple of days.

Reply 3208#3208 themegababe's post

WOW!  YAY for you guys getting free ticket for U2!  I bet it was fun.

Now that you've described the beer, it actually doesn't sound bad.  I AM a beer drinker (of wine, I prefer red, but it gives me migraines, so I take a pass)...the orange one sounds more my taste.  I'm not overly fond of really cold beer.  Like wine, you lose the flavour if it's too cold.  I like it at cellar temperature.

As for your throat, honey is soothing, even just swallowing a spoonful.  You can also try gargling with warm salt water.  Both help ease the pain, and the honey coats the throat nicely to take away the raw feeling.

Well, I'm bloody sick again!  How, when I haven't left the house since Saturday, did I catch another bug?!  Not whinging (OK, I am a bit), just flabbergasted at how easy it is to catch things when one doesn't have a properly working immune system.

On another note, I'm hungry.  I'm wishing once again for home-made soup (or food replicators), but I think tinned will have to suffice this evening.  

See how chatty I become when the World Series makes all my shows air reruns (or not at all).  I miss Glee!

Reply 3213#3213 gabsimom's post

Misery sometimes love company, but seeing as you're preggers, a sinus infection is one of the last things you need.  Plus, you can't even take drugs to alleviate symptoms.  Those things just won't leave you alone, will they?   

For all my whining about being hungry, I can't even finish a tin of soup...it's equal to about a bowl and a half, and I haven't eaten anything else today.  Guess I really am sick - no appetite once the food arrives.

Reply 3216#3216 cshapiro's post

Howdy stranger!  Nice to see you.    I'm extremely conscious of staying hydrated, especially when I'm ill, as I tend to dehydrate easily...it's been that way since I was a kid.  I've been hospitalized for it too, but I never got so bad that I was in ICU.  Doctors really should pay attention to the advice they give their patients when it comes to themselves. (tsk tsk tsk) LOL  Glad to hear you're feeling better though.  Thankfully this doesn't seem quite as bad a bug as the last one, so on that front I'm not feeling too bad.  I'm getting another migraine though (just took all the meds to try & catch it before it blows), so I'm not feeling too spiffy today.

On a positive note, my friend came over yesterday & we got more painting done (probably contributing to today's migraine) and, though I can't unpack the boxes, we got them reorganized so it doesn't feel so much like a storage room in here.  YAY!  One step closer to being settled.

Reply 3221#3221 cshapiro's post

LOL!  Wives often do know best.   

As for me, one of these days I'm bound to feel better.

Reply 3229#3229 shinny's post

What a misery!  Glad you're feeling better.   

I've figured out that every time I paint I end up with a migraine that lasts for 4 or 5 days...and that's using the low VOC stuff.  I still have more painting to do, but I'm hoping to get some friends who can help me get it done over a day or two so I can have the misery over & done with.  Unfortunately, my friends that are any good at painting have REALLY busy schedules.  I'm sick of living out of boxes, and am tired of the extra migraines.

Just posting to check if my time stamp is correct.  Last time I edited my timezone I goofed, so I'm hoping I got it right this time - unless I just forgot to reset it when we changed the clocks back.

Reply 3251#3251 studiojek's post

Hiya studio!  Bummer that you have to back to work already, but time flies by, doesn't it?  When they're that little, they change so much so quickly, don't they?  I bet you're having fun enjoying the adventure of new parenthood.   

My painting still isn't done, but my brother rang last week & offered to finish it for me (along with his buddy), so I'm letting them.   Every time I paint, I wind up with a week long migraine...so if he does it, it will be finished in 1 day and I can go stay elsewhere for a couple days while it airs out.

Well, I'm excited.  My brother just rang and he & his friend are coming on Saturday to paint.  You have NO idea how delighted I am.

update

Went to the allergist today.  He's being very thorough.  The elimination diet I'll be starting within the next few days is insanely restrictive, but if it helps, it will be worth it.  I can do it for 3 weeks (I think).  I sure hope something shows up that proves useful.

Reply 3263#3263 studiojek's post

Yes, my brother & his friend came on Saturday and got a lot done.  I'll just have to do the 2nd coat on the baseboards & doors.  It looks SO much better though.  Even though the fumes have me wiped out, I've done a lttle dance of joy (in my head - LOL).

Reply 3265#3265 studiojek's post

You bet I'll be doing a dance of joy when I'm through this toughest part of the diet.  Only 19 more days of the super strictness.  I'm imagining how good that cup of tea will taste come January 4th.

Thread