Thread
Printable Version

The girly`s ......giggle box

Reply 3147#3147 themegababe's post

The 1st coat is done in the kitchen (just walls, not cupboards or trim).  What a difference!  I helped a bit, but my brother did the bulk of it.  It looks 100% better already.  No more dark cave.  He also cut the bathroom for me.  I should be able to that myself as it's quite small.  He said if I could cut the kitchen he should be able to roll the second coat before he goes away.  YAY for helpful "little" brothers.   

I REALLY like the colour I chose.  It's a light grey - called "eternity"...the trim is called "steam" - my theory being the colours will help me retain my steam for eternity. LOL!  I bought Benjamin Moore paint, which is quite a bit pricier, but is self-priming, low VOC and guaranteed to cover in 2 coats.  
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 3150#3150 gabsimom's post

I would think you'd feel full of your son.

Reply 3152#3152 gabsimom's post

You make it sound so appealing. LOL!  

My cousin's wife was a bit annoyed (not the word I'm looking for ) at your stage because her body was changing - especially the bones moving - making room for the baby, but also preparing for childbirth, as it does even months ahead, but she was having a scheduled C-section.

Reply 3154#3154 gabsimom's post

Hers was for health reasons.  Better than emergency surgery...at least she was able to prepare ahead of time.  My sister had to have an emergency Caesar for her 2nd child and was frustrated because she didn't know what to expect...and her mother (she was living back at home then) was no help at all.  I think she would have been a little better if it had dawned on her that sometimes they're necessary and she had read up about what to expect afterwards.  My little nephew was strangling himself on the umbilical cord and his heart had stopped.  Now he'll be 2 years old this month, and he's just a going concern (and a real chatterbox).

What I also find puzzling is women who schedule them just for convenience sake...and the doctors that go along with it.  Like you said - it's major surgery.

Reply 3156#3156 gabsimom's post

Maybe there's something they remember about not being able to breathe that makes them suck up all the air in the room with their chattering.  I love it when they're little though.  They're voices are so cute, and they come up with some very interesting ideas.

I hope you never have to go through anything like that either.  It WAS scary.

Reply 3160#3160 shinny's post

LOL!  I don't know that I'd like a nickname like that - no matter what my profession.

I agree though.  Some are way too quick to go to a C-section.  It reminds me of how quick they were to give hysterectomies back in the '70s - like it was a cure-all for any "women's problems".  My Mum had one then, but she was one of the few women I know who had a doctor that did everything to try & prevent it...and from all my reading, she's one who actually did need one.  

Can I scream now?!

I am SO frustrated with feeling so crappy!  My place is in complete disarray as I still have everything in the middle of the rooms because I need to do the 2nd coat of paint in the kitchen & bathroom, as well as needing to finish the living room.  The migraines make it nearly impossible to get anything done, and the unceasing fatigue just compounds the problem.  I have friends who will help, but school just started up again, so their schedules are a bit hectic at the moment.  I so wish it was as easy as it is on the Home Depot site where you upload your photo & click where you want the paint.  C'est la vie.

Reply 3167#3167 bala's post

The things I need done do NOT require a man.  They require better health.  I've done all of these things before.  They aren't difficult, and aren't heavy jobs.  I wouldn't get into a relationship for such an idiotic reason.   I have male friends, and my brother, for jobs that require brute strength.  Honestly, I'm a lot handier than some men I know.

Reply 3165#3165 nye87's post
Thanks Jannah, you're a sweetie.   One of my friends is coming on Thursday to paint, and told me even if I don't feel well enough she'll do it and I can rest.  She even offered to bring me to her place while she does it if I have a migraine & can't tolerate the fumes, which is really nice (since I can't drive when I have a bad one).

I imagine, from what I understand about Ramadan, that it can be tiring, especially since you still have to take care of all your regular responsibilities.

I've been pretty much offline for days now (and will be getting off again in a minute).  This migraine just won't quit.  I'm glad for the site & my old VCR or else I'd miss all the season premieres since I can't really watch TV either with head like this.  Day 5 and counting,  I pray I don't wake up with it again tomorrow.

Reply 3170#3170 nye87's post

I do keep ginger on hand (and ginger tea), but they only help me with nausea...though I'm thankful that it works for that.   I'm finally feeling somewhat better today.  My friend is coming tomorrow, and if her hubby doesn't have to work, he's coming too.  Though I don't want him losing $$, I kind of hope he doesn't have to work, because an extra pair of hands would get things done more quickly.

Reply 3172#3172 themegababe's post

Thanks Meg!

Well, My friend & her hubby both came today & we got the walls done in the kitchen, bathroom and the part of the living room that was ready to be painted.  Still to do: one wall in the living room, all the trim, kitchen & bathroom cupboards, but we got SO much closer today.  I didn't feel great, but was able to help some, and they were absolutely fabulous!  Aren't friends great?    Banner day, even if the health wasn't optimum.

Meg, you corrupted me with your bad dinner suggestion.  LOL!  Although, I daresay the chips are making the paint fumes seem much more tolerable.

Reply 3174#3174 waterlilybarb's post

OK, I was mistaken.  Chips, dip & paint fumes do NOT equal feeling good.  Very bad combination indeed.

Reply 3176#3176 shinny's post

Glad I could give you a giggle Shinny.  I'm still a bit queasy, but it's the paint fumes.  Not complaining - I'm delighted to have so much done.

Reply 3178#3178 nye87's post

I have definitely been drinking the ginger tea these past few days.  It's a little wonder of a treatment.

I'm so tired today...just waiting for another hour or so before going to bed, so I have a chance of sleeping through the night.  I think it's partly the paint fumes that are wiping me out.

Weird today...no browsers (only tried Firefox & IE) would open on my computer for ages.  I had to reboot my computer to get it to work.  Since I was busy doing other things waiting for it to load, it took me a while to suss it out though.  All is fine now, but it was odd.  Just thought I'd share.

Reply 3181#3181 shinny's post

I hear ya'!  That's a pet peeve of mine too.

Reply 3183#3183 shinny's post

I'm the same.  I love to applaud people for talent, but there are those who just see something they can't do, and so look for any little thing to find fault with.  Sad really.

I feel like I'm coming down with something again.  I hope I don't, but if I do - I'd just as soon have it come on fully & be done with.  This in between stage leaves me tired, achy & a bit cranky (poor cats).

Reply 3187#3187 nye87's post

Thanks Jannah.  Unfortunately it has become a full blown head cold, with a side order of wicked nausea.  It's a virus, so I'll ride it out with soup, plenty of fluids, rest along with some "assistance" from pharmaceuticals that help alleviate the symptoms.

Meg, it's OK about the chips. lol  It's given me the incentive to try & eat better food.

Thread