Thread
Printable Version

The girly`s ......giggle box

Reply #577 gypsiegirl66's post

Nice to see a pic under your name...I'll have to get used to looking for Wentworth Miller now, though.
Glad you got that issue resolved...however it happened.

Re: the other...I hear you on that.  I'm just here for a quick check as well.  Not feeling that spiffy today, and I have to go out for a bit.  Just wish I felt better.  I'll be back later to close the Heroes Quiz.  Until then, toodle-oo.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply #579 gabsimom's post

Thanks Tina!   I was at the hospital again today, and got to give him tons of cuddles.  

For some people, like yourself, having children when they're a little ...more mature, shall I say ...works out well.  I have friends my age who are just starting their families, or have fairly young children.  It's nice, I just know that with my situation, it's not for me.  I have young 'uns around often though, and they do keep you young.  I also have friends of all ages, so I always feel young...at heart anyway.

Reply #581 gypsiegirl66's post

Hola chica!

Yes, they were discharged today...at least they were supposed to be.  I've been in bed with a migraine for most of the day and haven't spoken to my sis, but am sure she would have called if they kept her longer.  He'll be 4 days old at 4:10am local time.  It does go by MUCH too quickly.

Reply #583 gypsiegirl66's post

I know what you mean.  I've got a few of those things that need doing, myself.  Hopefully I'll be up to getting them done in the next few days.  

Just catching up on the posts this evening.  Looks like the Customer Service link is going to be operational.  That will be great, especially if they can provide tech support.  Some members seem to have such difficulty with viewing anything...it's hard to know what else to suggest sometimes.  Live CS will be great.

Reply #585 gypsiegirl66's post

It's amazing how fast this site has grown.  When I first stumbled upon it, back in March, there was only the flash player and about a dozen shows.  They've grown leaps and bounds in such a short time.  I actually watched Prison Break during the test for the VIP channel.  That was the only show used for the original test.  I saw a couple of episodes...wasn't for me, but I sat through them to give good viewer feedback.  Some of the newer members don't realize how far the site has come.  They only know it from VIP and expect everything to go like clockwork.  Thankfully there are others who appreciate the work that goes into maintaining a site like this.

Reply #587 gypsiegirl66's post

Very true.

Hope this finds you well today.  I'm feeling a bit better...but still have the lingering effects of the migraine.  Won't be on long, as the light from the screen might reignite the pain.  

I'll look for you later.

Reply #589 gypsiegirl66's post

So, did the season premiere live up to your expectations?  I love when the new shows begin.  I feel like a kid in a candy shop.   Next week is Heroes turn...and I have high hopes.  I'm fairly certain I won't be disappointed.

The drummer in my head was quiet for part of the day...until the eejit drumming from the neighbours music got it thumping again.  It's the main thing I hate about apartment dwelling...inconsiderate, noisy neighbours.  I'm slightly medicated right now...not enough to completely kill the pain, but enough that I'll be able to fall asleep (she says with fingers crossed).

Reply #591 gypsiegirl66's post

I'm so glad it was a good show.  That always makes for a nice end to the day.
I'm getting so excited about Heroes, I posted a new thread.  Tonight they aired last season's finale...so everything is fresh in my memory for next week.  I just figured out what my super power is...I'm a super geek!
We can be nerds together.   Tina has already owned up to her nerdiness, but I don't know if she watches Heroes.
I think being a nerd is the newest cool thing.  What do you think?  We'll start a trend, and ALL the kids will want to be just like us.

Reply #593 gypsiegirl66's post

We'll show them!  Nerds of the new millennium don't wear pocket protectors and other such stereotypical nerd gear.  We're smart, confident, good-looking (if I say so myself ) women, who know a good thing when we see it.  I'll leave you figuring out what our Nerd Uniform should be.

Off to bed for this tired chica.  Have a good night, my nerdy chum.

Reply #596 silver1978's post

Welcome to the coffee klatch!   Nice to have another card carrying nerd among us.

As for you, Tina & you, Gypsie, you're both far better dressed than I.  I'm mainly a jeans & T-shirt kinda gal, though it's getting cooler, so sweaters will replace the T-shirts.  I do have very cool shoes though.  Not that I can always wear them...mobility being transient at times...but I look good when I can.  As for the sunglasses, I found a nice pair of frames on sale at a fashion store, and had my prescription put in.  Since I wear them indoors, because of the migraines, they have to look good with just about everything, and they do since I get compliments on them all the time.

I'm not quite the label whore (totally joking) that y'all are.  I'm a good (though reluctant) bargain shopper.  My goal is always to buy good quality garments for the least amount possible, and in the shortest amount of time.  I really don't enjoy shopping.  There are some designers I really admire, but it's doubtful you'll ever find their clothes in my closet.  In Canada, it's just too expensive.  Occasionally I shop across the border, and can find nice designer labels for REALLY good prices.  That's mainly where the shoes come from.

Reply #600 gypsiegirl66's post

Well, even though I'm rather taller (5' 8.5") I love my heels, when I'm able to wear them.  My vertically challenged friends hate it when I do, because then I'm a giant, but sometimes, a girl's just got to have fun.   It's funny, my Granddad was only 5' 2"...and every time he saw me (especially in my heels) he say, "My God, I'm a pygmy!", to which I would always reply, "No Grandpa, I'm an Amazon."  Still makes me smile to think of it.   He was very like James Cagney...even the swagger.
I have a friend who is petite like you, and she has the same problem with finding clothes suitable for a woman, especially work clothes.  She does take advantage of the sales in the kids department when it comes to jeans & T's though.  Figures she might as well find something good out of her frustration.

Reply #602 dognxtdoor's post

That's too funny!  Actually made me laugh out loud.  I knew you were a lurker.

Reply #605 dognxtdoor's post

Ah...you know us too well.  You've been hiding in the corner, just wishing you were one of the girls, haven't you?

Reply #612 dognxtdoor's post

Dan, you old dog, you.  Aren't you the sweetie...and such an attractive gift too.  A girl could wear it with any outfit.

Hey there little chica, sorry I missed you yesterday.  I'll be in and out today, so I'll keep my eyes peeled for you.  
In the mean time:  

Reply #614 gypsiegirl66's post

Well, my cats are cute...they gnawed me out.

Reply #616 gypsiegirl66's post

You finally did it!  Good on ya'!  I'm well impressed girl.

Reply #619 gypsiegirl66's post

Look at you go!  You'll be unstoppable now.   I knew you'd figure it out, and for sure...YAY for you!

I'm logging out, as I'm almost falling asleep as I type.  Have a good night, and catch you when I can.

p.s. I finished SG Atlantis today.  Now I'm ready for the season premiere.  Next week will be great!  So many shows are premiering...it's better than chocolate.

Reply #622 dognxtdoor's post

I see that Gary has been a bad influence on you.   That's like something he would do...and proudly, too.

Reply #625 gypsiegirl66's post

I can just picture it.

I see you've got up a few more episode guides for ER.  You'll be caught up in no time, and then be able to keep up with the new season...which is MUCH easier to do.

I finally got a really good night's sleep, but am still feeling a little under the weather.  I even forgot about a funeral I was supposed to attend today.  That's how scattered my head is.  I'm only remembering now because I just had a phone call asking if i was going to be there.  Since it begins in less than an hour, and I've yet to change out of my PJ's...never mind shower, I had to say no.  I hate when my brain isn't working 100%...or my version of 100%.  I'll definitely have to remember to buy some more sympathy cards.  I ran out out them from the last funeral I attended.  This one is for another older friend...but one I wasn't as close to as the last one.  I'm hoping that's it for a while.  With 2 deaths and a birth, that's 3.  Don't they say these things always happen in 3s?  I'm not superstitious, I just don't want any more life altering events for a while.

Reply #627 Christy1994's post

Welcome Christy!  We're always happy for someone to join in.  You'll notice there is a lot of nonsense in this thread.  It's been around since before there was a Free Chatting forum.  We just chat about whatever strikes our fancy.  If you've scanned through, you've noticed that we've decorated and are always happy to offer a cuppa to anyone who drops in.  

BTW, the creator of this thread finally admitted defeat and handed it over to me...the ever present (and victorious) thorn in his side.   It's all in good fun, and like I said come by whenever you like.

Thread