Thread
Printable Version

The girly`s ......giggle box

Reply 1430#1430 themegababe's post

Yep, most Floridian are the same here Meg. I'm from up north, so the cold doesn't bother me as much as the heat. What does make me laugh, is when the vacationers (snowbirds), come down and where their shorts and go to the beach, even though it may be 50F out. Thy think, just because they are in FL and it is sunny, there is some written rule to act that way.
Of course, I and most people think they are................

O h, you are going to have a fantastic time on your cruise, I can't wait to hear all about it. You better get to work, on those applications missy!! I don't want to have to come out there, and do something drastic!!!  

Reply 1435#1435 waterlilybarb's post

Hahahahahahahahah!!
You're right on the number mix up, but it is 75F 23C, I just mixed up my conversion. Which shows you just how often I actually do Fahrenheit to Celsius conversions. So, go by my Fahrenheit numbers and they will all be correct!!   

Reply 1438#1438 shinny's post

Arielle, I love your new Meez, ROCK ON girlie!!

I wasn't going to tell anyone, but since it's just us girls (I know I smell a couple of crashers) hehehehe!!!

I've got a few secret gifts......

I said we laugh when they go out when it's in the 50-60 degrees. I'd be sunning myself at 75 too......

Have a great time with your friend!! I can't wait, for all the details!!!

[ Last edited by gypsiegirl66 at 1-30-2008 17:57 ]

Reply 1450#1450 waterlilybarb's post

Believe me when I say, you are down to earth. Even though sometimes, I think your head is in the clouds....hehehehehe!! You know, I'm just teasing girlie!!
Yes, I too love it, when that happens. I have a few friends like that. We can go years without seeing each other and it will seem like we are back in college. I'm so happy, you had such a wonderful time!! If anyone deserves it, it's me...I mean you.

Here some tea and toast (hold the butter), for ya Barb. I hope it settles you tummy!!

I'm off to bed with an.....

for this migraine!!!

Reply 1504#1504 waterlilybarb's post

Thanks Sweet Pea, you are right, they are beast's.   I just hope, that knife does the trick. I don't know, how much more of this I can take. Before I pull out, the old melon baller!!

I suppose it was time for me to let my little secret out. Most of the Mods that have been around for a while, know that I have Systemic Lupus, but it has gotten quite severe and I am undergoing a type of chemo. That is why you haven't seen me around much lately, even before the chemo, because of the illness. Lupus is a nasty illness, effecting many bodily systems, one of the systems that it is effecting is my CNS, and it's put quite a damper on my thought process. So, it's made it difficult for me, to feel like me, which has made it difficult for me to come here and talk and have fun. I guess I've wanted to say that for a while now, this is why those of you that know me, haven't seen me that much. I've thought about you all and missed you heaps!! I hope this helps you understand, whats been going on with me.

Thanks you for the well wishes!!

Reply 1669#1669 waterlilybarb's post

I had no idea you were doing that at the same time!!!

Incase anyone wants to know the full effects of SLE (for me anyway)
SLE Systmic lupus, effects)for me) my kidney (nephritis), my vascular system (vasculitis), my joint's (athritis), and my CNS, which is also vasculitis. The CNS, presents itself in many ways, from forgetfulness, difficulty thinking, to seizures. The vasulitis and arthritis are the most painful of the effect, of the lupus and the nephritis, nd the vasculitis, are the most life threatening of the two. There are a number of other symptoms, but these are without  a doubt the most prevalent I too am on the far end of the spectrum for SLE.

[ Last edited by gypsiegirl66 at 3-5-2008 16:57 ]

Reply 1671#1671 shinny's post

It sounds like he is fortunate. to ,ave found his way past the nightmare he was in for all those years. ME is a trick illness though, lets hope he has escaped it for good.......with only the occasional migraine (which aren't fun either).

Reply 1683#1683 meljones_83's post

Yep Mel, that is so true. I happen to be very fortunate and am very grateful for all that I have, I don't take any of it for granted and I give a lot to charity and used to do a lot of charity work when I was able. The things I am most grateful for are my family and friends and God, not all in that order. Without those, I am nothing.

Reply  1684#1684 waterlilybarb's post

Thank you. for being such a good friend. I can't sleep tonight. I'm feeling a bit nauseous, and am aching all over. So I thought Id come and check things out till I got tired. I'm going to head back to bed, in a few minutes. I just wanted to make sure I said hello to you while I was here. See ya tomorrow!!   

Reply  1678#1678 penny3760's post
Thank you, and my heart goes out to your neighbor too. I hope that she finds good Dr's, to help her manage, everything she has to endure.

Reply  1675#1675 imarielle626's post

Laughter is great for the heart, and the many other ailments. I use it myself for pain relief and for stress, it works great. Sometimes though, it good to just talk about what is going on. We've used this room for that, on many occasions. Most of the time though, we do keep it on a lighter note.
On that note, I hope your roommate doesn't snore. If she does, I know these great wax earplugs that work fantastic. You can't even tell you have them in.

Reply 1696#1696 shinny's post

I know you're long gone to bed, but I didn't see that when I read your first post about being sick. If you've got the shivers then yo've got a fever. Just take care and don't over do it tomorrow, that way tomorrow night, you'll be up for the big 40th. That is fantastic 40 years, you must be so excited.
Hope you're sleeping well and wake up tomorrow, feeling somewhat better......

and

Reply 1694#1694 shinny's post

So glas to hear, you woke up feeling better shinny. I hope you have a great time at the party, don't over do it though, you don't want to relapse before that flight.

Barb- Hope you are out of the house and breathing fresh air. I'm not sure if it's the meds or the illness, bit I'm feeling extremely ill today myself. I'm off to take a nap, hoping it will give me some relief of this awful feeling.

See you later girlies!!

Reply 1787#1787 bala's post

Thanks bala, I just found out myself a few mins ago.

Meg, I hope this is the only one you get too, I've been fighting the same migraine for over two weeks, not fun!!    

Hey girlie's, wow it seems like a lifetime since I've been here, and so much has happened both here and in my own life. I'm not even sure what my last post was, but I'll bring you up to date to where I've been. You all know I was taking it easy after the awards (thank you to all that participated), for my Lupus, after that things went all wonky. My daughter had a stalker, so I was dealing with that for hours a day for a long while. We got that resolved, the stalker was expelled from school, and moved back to his home state.  Then, my hubby surprised me and we went to Costa Rica for 10 days. Where we own a condo, but ended up renting an amazing beach house on a private beach, where we just relaxed and watched the some of the most beautiful sunsets I've ever seen. Oh, we also had several hot stone massages, a manicure and pedicure, I also had facial treatments. The homeowners have a service that comes right at the house. Something I'm going to be looking into for myself, here in the States. Then a day or so after we got back, we both were admitted to hospitals, we had contracted a virulent flu of unknown origin. I spent four days in ICU, my hubby spent two, we both came through and are doing well. I won't know if this has effected my Lupus, I was coming out of the worst of the flare-up, before this happened. I'm just grateful that we are both ok, it could have and almost did end up a lot worse. Well, I guess you're pretty much caught up, you'll be seeing me around the forum more and more as I get stronger. Can't wait to see, more of what has been going on here.

Barb and Penny, I hope you both get to feeling better soon, I know how taxing pain can be on the mind, spirit and body. Please take care of yourselves, and get the rest you you need to get through this trying time. You are both in my thoughts and prayers.

A belated: Welcome back to Arielle!!
            Congratulations Kim!!

Boy it's good to be back!!

[ Last edited by gypsiegirl66 at 5-3-2008 18:28 ]

Reply 1866#1866 studiojek's post

Yes all of the above, thank you! By the way I love your new avatar, Wonder Woman was one of my favorite shows as a kid. My friends and I, loved playing WW too. Oh those were the days, such a simpler time. When all you had to worry about, was making sure your room was clean. Growing up has it's perks too, but way too many worries!

Reply 1868#1868 studiojek's post

and have an extra scoop of ice cream!! I could only have one, that was the rule in my house.

Hi Barb, hope you're feeling better, and was able to sleep some last night.
Scratch that, I see you've got you're sunglasses on.

Reply 1871#1871 waterlilybarb's post

That's great news, I will keep my that is an ongoing theme for you. You're due for some relief, and good rest!!

Are you having as much trouble with the pages loading on "this" site as I am? I'm getting a twinge in my head, just from the frustration, of waiting for the pages to load.

Reply 1873#1873 waterlilybarb's post

Wow, that's great!! I think I'm off for a bit, I'll be back though, probably fashioning my sunglasses too! Stupid head!   

Thread