Thread
Printable Version

Heroes Season 2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply #71 SirAlain's post

I think Caitlyn has a power too.  In the GN Petrified Lightning she was able to help Peter use his power, so I've had my suspicions.

I too liked how they got back at the nasty cheerleader.

How about the return of evil HRG?  And Hiro changing the course of history?   It's getting better & better.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply #73 imarielle626's post

You are correct...Adam Monroe is one of the men in the picture.  I also assume he's the Adam from Montreal, so he obviously knows Peter.

Reply #76 bala's post

I figured out half way through the episode, but I didn't think if it before because I was going by the photograph.  I'm interested to see how they bring in the older guy that the others think is Adam.  

You're right, David Anders does play a great baddie.  I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next.

Reply #80 gabsimom's post

I know!  Who would have guessed that our little do-gooder friend would be the catalyst for the impending plague?

Reply #82 silver1978's post

Ah, but the Hiro from that future is not the one we are dealing with.  The bomb never went off and killed the people in New York.  So the future Peter saw is a different timeline.  I'm sure once the plague starts to spread and he finds out who Adam is, Hiro will feel responsible and it could change him into someone very like the future Hiro we have already met.  It's gonna be good!

Boy...I LOVE sci-fi!

Reply #85 roca's post

He's definitely Kaito's killer.  From Beeman's Blog, he's a director/producer on the show, he indicates there are two incarnations of Adam.  How this will be played out has yet to be revealed.  My theory is that the real Adam aka Kensei, has hired someone with abilities to pose as him since the man in the photo has obviously aged.  I'll have to wait and see if this theory pans out.
I also knew, but loved how it was brought out, that Hiro was the Kensei from the stories.  The end scene with him and Yaeko was beautifully shot.  He "ripped out his heart" for the greater good.  He's such an honourable character.  Poor Hiro, whenever he falls in love it doesn't work out.  First Charlie, now Yaeko.

[ Last edited by  waterlilybarb at 11-7-2007 10:35 ]

Reply #88 gabsimom's post

Interesting theory, but remember Claire regenerated after being completely radiated by Ted.  I think their powers of regeneration are substantial.  I'm also just wondering now if Claire is related to Kensei.  Matt has the same ability as his father.  This is the first time we've seen this.  Maybe one of the Petrelli boys, Petrelli parents (unknowingly), or Meredith (Claire's mother) is a descendant of Kensei.  This chapter is called Generations.  There has to be more to it.

Reply #90 gabsimom's post

No, they wouldn't.  That would be too creepy.  Not all the children have the same powers as the parents, just look at Micah.  It's evident the Petrelli family has some strong powers and Adam had obviously been in touch with Peter during the 4 missing months.  It seems to me, there MUST be some connection.

Reply #93 xxjujuxx's post

So glad you've become such an avid fan Juju.   You're right, this week's episode was GREAT.  I'm glad the producers have prepared for the possibility of the strike not being resolved, and re-shot the final episode of the chapter "Generations".  The current storyline will be tied up.  Hopefully the strike will be settled by then and, they won't have to use it.

Reply #95 SirAlain's post

I'm not hoping for West to die, but I'd like it if his character was a little more...something...I'm not sure what, it just needs more.  As for the twins, I totally agree.  I'm assuming they must have something to do with the plague.  Maybe Alejandro will be part of the key to curing it, but if not they need to go.  Maybe Sylar will eat their brains and have the power to infect and heal...that's if he ever gets his ability back.

Reply #97 SirAlain's post

I definitely do NOT think that West is Nathan's son.  See my post #91 regarding that.

I like Monica too.  They're certainly not using her to the full.  I'm hoping that will be rectified soon.  Even if she's not a regular, there's a whole lot more that can be explored about her character.  If the writer's strike continues there won't be time for things like that if they haven't already been addressed in the episodes they have "in the can".

How about the reappearance of DL in this week's episode?  That was a nice little treat.  I'm surprised no one has mentioned it.  He wasn't one of my favourite characters and I'm not sorry he's dead, but I like it when the storyline allows old characters to come back for a short time.

Reply #99 akulkarni's post

Interesting tidbit about the name Shanti.  I didn't know that, and it is ironic.

This is turning into a great season.  Let's keep our fingers crossed it doesn't end with episode 11.  I really would like to know what happens next.  The "Generations" chapter only has 4 more episodes.  I wonder how they'll tie it all together?

Reply #101 SirAlain's post

Wireless did technically die, but she's alive in cyberspace.  

If the writer's strike continues there will only be 4 new episodes for season 2.  We should enjoy them while we can.  Hopefully the strike will get resolved and it will just be a hiatus until they have time to film more episodes.

Reply #103 roca's post

Thanks for the link.  Definitely the best interactive novel yet.  They've changed the layout of the Heroes homepage again.  I thought the interactive novels were just an interactive version of the GNs, but I can't find The Last Shangri-La among the GNs yet.  I saw the link for it on the homepage after I watched the novel, but is there are difference?

signed, Confused in Canada

Reply #105 roca's post

Thank you.  I noticed all of them are the same as the GNs, thus my confusion.

Reply #108 trulee's post

You'll be pleased to know that the new episode is "Four Months Ago" and will clear up many of the questions we all have about what happened during those missing 4 months.  I know I'm looking forward to getting some answers.

We like to hear what all the fans think, whether or not we agree with their conclusions.  Thanks for joining in the discussion.

Excited!

"Four Months Ago" begins in a minute.  I'm excited to see what happened.  Catch you all later for a confab on the episode.

Reply #111 gabsimom's post

It was a revealing episode.  Query?  Why do you think Adam is everyone's ancestor...because he's so old?

Reply #113 gabsimom's post

Guess we'll find out soon enough...only 3 episodes left in this chapter.

Reply #115 imarielle626's post

Caitlin is stuck in the future.  I imagine if/when they stop the plague she'll return.  I wonder if she'll still know who Peter is though.  If they change that future, will she be there or will she be back in Ireland?  I'm curious about that.  I liked the fact that Peter had a girlfriend.

As for the twins, I'm with you.  They've not been integrated enough into the show to make us care about them.  Too bad, really, because they're good actors.  I just don't care about their characters and will be glad when they're gone.  I REALLY don't want Sylar to gain their abilities though.  THAT would be bad.

Thread