Thread
Printable Version

Boston Legal Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

gone fishing was nice way end the episode

Reply 39#39 bala's post

It sure was.   Alan and Denny looked quite a spectacle in their uniforms and hip waders.

I loved how this episode showed that Denny still can be a very good lawyer.  His arguments were great - and he was able to maintain his record of never losing a case.  Alan's argument was equally compelling.  

What I like about the writing in this show is that they are able to tell both sides, usually very fairly.  It's an interesting insight into the American psyche - and I like that even the very right-wing political points of view are given a fair voice.  That's not always the case, since many in the arts lean more to the left in their political ideologies.  Getting to have a better understanding of both sides is good, not only to an onlooker, like myself, but for Americans who have their own leanings.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Boston Legal - Season 5 discussion **possible spoilers**

is there any woman Alan hasn't been involved with ?

Reply 1#1 bala's post

Yeah, Shirley...not that he hasn't tried.

This is to be the final season, and I think it started out great.  There was a great case, Denny's insane preoccupation with his bodily functions , Alan's penchant for self-loathing along with his wonderfully indescribable & intimate friendship with Denny.  Throw in a few of the nutty characters for good measure (Jerry, for instance), and you have a pretty good hour of TV.   I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Reply 2#2 waterlilybarb's post

about time there put it to peace

Episode 2

Wow what an episode and very emotional

Reply 4#4 bala's post

There were a lot of interesting things going on in this episode.  When Denny dropped, that was quite a shocker, but I loved that they went after the pharmaceutical company.  I also really got a kick out of Shirley's granddaughter.  Great character, which I hope they use a few more times this season.  I also thought Jerry & Katie were also very good.  I was SO glad they beat the weasel in court.

Seeing that this is the final season, I hope they go out with a bang rather than a whimper.

Episode 3

poor guy never mug Danny Crane i just knew he was going shot

Reply 6#6 bala's post

Too true.   I can't believe he got away with it after the closing Jerry gave.

Episode 5x05 - True Love

I feel so bad for Alan.  This is at least the 2nd time he has been used by a former friend/lover to get away with murder.  Though he can be such a weasel in his relationships with women and is rather self-loathing about that, he really is a loyal friend.  To have that loyalty used against him in his capacity as a lawyer is quite cruel.  I'm amazed he still has the capacity to be such a true & loyal friend to anyone.  I think Denny is right - he is Alan's true love.  Not bad, but seeing that Denny is so much older, it could prove to be a rather lonely future for Alan.

Reply 7#7 waterlilybarb's post

Jerry closing was very political based i couldn't believe they allow them air this thing

Episode 5

the look on denny face when judge walked in was funny but how writer give denny funny thing to do in the episode is amusing

Episode 6

Well poor jerry nephew finding out his girlfriend is his half-sister

Reply 10#10 bala's post

I know!  I think it's an interesting issue, which will actually have to be addressed for real some time soon.  Annie Potts was great as Jerry's sister, but WOW what a B.

I thought Alan might really be done with Denny re: the betting on the case, but that's not gonna happen.  I loved how Shirley stood up for Alan to that other lawyer though.  He can be very amoral in his personal life, but generally, his professional choices are very thoughtful.

Reply 11#11 waterlilybarb's post

Well no wonder Jerry turn out the way he did

Boston Legal 5x06

Geeting banned from UTAH

Dressing up little boo peep

Reply 13#13 bala's post

Those outfits were a riot!  And Betty White never fails to entertain.

It would have been interesting if Alan had been allowed to press the case.  It does seem rather hypocritical of a state to prosecute someone for adultery and ignore polygamy.

Seeing Carl, Jerry & Katie in costume was funny.  But Denny's proclivity for sheep was just icky - even though Katie was only in a sheep costume.

Reply 14#14 waterlilybarb's post

isn't adultery different from  polygamy?

OMG the debate between denny and alan over presidential election bought  some funny moment with a paint gun . i can't stop laughing

Well the new episode was interesting-i think what man did to death-row inmate was the right thing to do

now that's what i call thanksgiving dinner

Thread