Thread
Printable Version

Points awards activity: post your suggestions and advices for new site here

I don't post here in the forums much, but I've been using this site for a very long time over two different accounts.  I have some disagreements with the new program/new website design.

1.  Biggest gripe is the raise in points per episode.  I can accept 3 points for a 40 minute+ episode, but it's too steep for a 20 minute sitcom.

2.  Recently updated TV series was the most important thing for me on the old website to make sure I'm up to date on shows.  Now I can't find this information very easily.

3.  Viewing log was the 2nd most important thing, and it's a mess now too with the pausing being logged and very few shows fitting on the page.

3.  There's hardly any point in a adding the movies at the current playback quality.

4.  Not only do I disagree with the price increase, the way it was implemented basically reduced the value of the points I've already paid for by 1/3rd.

5.  I would prefer to search for a TV show first, and then the season.  I don't like how every season is included as a separate item in the list of shows.

The less-negative feedback:
Not a huge fan of the design,but it does load really fast.
I think it's perfectly fair to have the first 3 episodes free and charge for the rest. (but please once again see comments about pricing above)

I posted in this thread once a while ago, and I know changes take time, but I don't really see either changes or much talk of changes, so I'll post again. 

I basically just don't like the new site, and I don't see a good reason to keep using it with the changes made. I have 600+ points, so I guess I'll use them eventually, but for now I just can't be bothered. There are enough other places to get entertainment. My main disagreements is charging 3 points for 20 minute sitcom types shows and lack of a recently updated shows list. Also, the much less useful viewing history. 

Just to be clear - I'm fine with the price increase in general, but not for the short sitcoms. I also think it was a great idea to only give the first 3 episodes free and make the others paid. I know there were several series over the years that I watched when they were new and free, and I would have been happy to pay for the episodes once I knew I liked the show. 

There were some other points in my original message a few weeks ago, but the ones mentioned here are the ones turning me against the site. The others suggestions mentioned in my previous post aren't really a deal-breaker. Now when I say "turning against the site" I'm not ranting or angry or anything. Just kinda disappointed and looking elsewhere.
[ Last edited by Thespin at 11-9-2016 15:12 ]

Thread