Thread
Printable Version

Points awards activity: post your suggestions and advices for new site here

Are they just ignoring all of our concerns?  I know that once I use my points I won't be back.  There are lots of other sites I can go to watch the shows I want.  I'm finding it way to much hassle to keep track of new episodes added.  If they would just put that feature back it would make it much more user-friendly.

Please Please Fix The Viewing Log

Its been about four weeks now - Can VIPTV please return the Viewing Log to its former functionality? Its seems this is a very common concern in this forum, and so many VIPTV Users are not able to keep up with their shows because of it. We would like to see returned: -Search Function -One entry per refresh of each episode watched (every time a show is paused it logs another entry into the Viewing Log. I do not need to see the same show appear 30 times just because I had to pause play so many times) -Export into Excel

Quote:
Updated by lbjedward: 
Forum will not show on viptv.net any more due that it's not compatible for mobile use.  Black skin is in the plan

How is the forum not compatible for mobile when I have been using my Samsung for over a year to check in while I'm out and about

Reply 103#103 codebreaker's post

i don't think you going get an answer They need improve layout dramatically if it's going retain users otherwise within 2 years site will have shut down.

Reply 104#104 bala's post

The fact he hasn't been on the forum since the 2-11 I guess our thoughts and suggestions are falling on death ears

The main thing for me is the upload time for new shows. I have been watching lower quality free versions on another site because I'm impatient. It averages out that this site is losing half of what I would spend for the higher quality content, if only they were updated within the previous reasonable timeframe instead of the minimum 14 hours after airing we get now.

[ Last edited by woothdye at 11-19-2016 15:10 ]
Irony. Yummy and delicious like cake.

Reply 2#2 gdi3's post

I agree. I miss the "latest updated episodes" list very much, makes using the site much less fun without it. I feel that I am missing out on quite a few shows because I am not being reminded about what's currently on. Also, I terribly miss the search function on the viewing logs. And as a result, I already wasted quite a few points on episodes I had already watched.

I didn't read all the comments here since there are a lot. But I have used this site weekly for about 7 or so years and don't really like the updates. My main issues- viewing logs. I watch shows while working so sometimes i pause multiple times and this shows in my viewing logs making it very difficult to see what episodes I have already watched. Especially since we can not search them any more. I loved and always used the recently added list. this is way too short now. Would be nice if you could somehow mark what episodes we have already watched. It's only happened a couple times but i paid for shows I had watched the previous week from this confusion. I know it's my own fault I can just do a separate search and figure it out but on the old site it was so much easier.

Reply 104#104 bala's post

At the rate VIP is going I think he's going to loose more than half his viewers by Christmas or at least when they have used their points and the fact it's been five weeks and only one thing has been fixed is disappointing, missing to post updated episodes like Citizen Khan which has had only one posted update but has three episodes in the current season is frustrating especially when the update list is one of the most important things members miss and want back [ Last edited by codebreaker at 11-26-2016 19:47 ]

Reply 109#109 codebreaker's post

No word since this upgrade and i don't think i ever use up all my points so we just ride it out for long as it last we knew this site eventually would have to shut down at some point. It's had a very good run and it's clear there issues behind the scene.

Reply 110#110 bala's post

The fact he said they are working on a app he should of developed that first and left the old site as it was but I'm guessing he's left the app idea to late to catch up

Reply 110#110 bala's post

I'm afraid Bala, you may be right.
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

I want to add the logo should be a link to home page. we should be able to view more recently updated in a list and I agree about viewing logs recording each pause is annoying. When I search TV and movies it would be nice to see a picture like other sites as some TV shows and movies have the same name.

Forum link

Saying that the forum is not compatible with mobile devices is not true. I frequently access the forum on my tablet. It's not as convenient to use, but I am able to read and write posts. I've also done both on my phone & iPod Touch in the past. As I come across posts beneath episodes on viptv, I am seeing how frustrated people are, and they don't seem to realize the forum even still exists. Unless you are planning to completely abandon the forum, (in which case, we would appreciate some notice), I think it's a mistake not to have a link on the viewing site. Even if people don't post, they can read what others have posted.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

R.I.P. for VIP?

I notice that most of the Mods and frequent posters are die-hards like me who have been with VIPTV since near the beginning in 2007. 10 years, a decade, is most definitely a serious dedication, and one which none of us regret. I believe we are all finally coming to grips with a serious fear of the future. VIPTV has become such a dear friend, a comforting presence we depend on daily. Speaking for myself, I am proud to have never paid for a cable subscription in my life. Here in the U.S., cable monopolies have redefined extortion and bleed customers dry. Thank god for viptv, which I first discovered while recovering at a nursing home after heart surgery back in 2007. I remember those Realplayer growing pains we all went through back then. Nowadays, I view those memories almost with a fond nostalgia. But we all prevailed, and VIPTV evolved to become what I consider to be one of the finest examples of what a TV site should aspire to become. The depth of program catalog and immediacy of episode updates, the ease of navigation, view logging and search functions, the aesthetics of the site design....the whole damn package...was comfortable and familiar. It is the loss of such a close companion which tears me apart. Coming to grips with its absence grieves me. No one single alternative service comes close to providing a viable substitute that offers the best curated material drawn from across so many varied sources (especially those channels which would otherwise cost an arm and a leg), not to mention the ability to actually request new favorites as they appear. Yes, given a sufficiently larger budget and the willingness to juggle subscriptions to a portfolio of diverse services, including a separate site-tracking service to stitch together and manage viewing logs--yes, you could make do. I honestly don't find that very appealing, or affordable. The last time I owned a real TV set was around the mid-1980's. I kept it wrapped up in a black plastic trash bag buried in a hole in my back yard. Once a week I dug it up, unwrapped it and set it up to watch Startrek: Next Generation. I did love how Captain Picard ran his ship! Afterwards, I unplugged everything, put the TV back in the bag, back in the hole, and shoveled dirt to rebury it until the next week. I can't remember if I ever unburied it after the series ended, but I do know that I haven't owned a TV since. The PC is my TV. In 2007, after more than 20 years "on pause", I rejoined the viewing public when I discovered VIPTV. I still reject any cable service; I do pay for monthly DSL Internet access. I also have a basic Netflix account. Along with VIPTV, I have been totally satisfied with fulfilling my entertainment TV habit. Oh, I just remembered that I do have a 'membership' at MovieOnline.cc, which I believe is/was a sister site to VIPTV, but for movies only, which is fine. It's another slightly ugly site design, but somewhat more functional than VIPTV's new incarnation. Which begs the question, if you already have a functioning movie site, why force movies onto your TV site. Is the Movieonline.cc look a preview of where VIPTV is headed? Are they going to close Movieonline? I'm not convinced it has the same owners as viptv, at least not according to Whois.com. Registered in Rangoon? Ok, ok, I've rambled on overly long by now. I've gotten my therapy session out of the way. So thank you all for humoring me this long. Hmm, forum posting as therapy session. And such a comfortable and stylish leather couch, to boot. One last thing. I should like to express my appreciation to the World at large for enduring America's embarrassing electoral spectacle these last 18 months. Chances are you are shaking your heads in bewildered amusement--and for good reason. For those who placed their bets on the triumph of decency and common sense...what can I say? Deja vu: twilight of the Weimar Republic? I don't know. Hold your breath, it only gets more amusing from here. Once again, my humble apology for America's poor form.

Reply 105#105 codebreaker's post

["The fact he hasn't been on the forum since the 2-11 I guess our thoughts and suggestions are falling on death ears"]         I found your phrasing "....falling on death ears", accidental as it may have been, delightful nonetheless; and, if on purpose, terribly clever. [ Last edited by mrtimdillenbeck at 12-2-2016 11:14 ]

Reply 116#116 mrtimdillenbeck's post

He has been on since I posted that and there is still a sister site dedicated to TV only which is now getting updated first but not by much as it's still in the afternoon

Reply 117#117 codebreaker's post

Hello codebreaker! First of all thank you for your weekly airing updates, it's become my first point of call. What is the sister site you mentioned? I have no interest in the movie section here and am more interested in timely updates of tv shows... Thanks

There seems to be an error with the iPad version - it doesn't show the navigation at the top of the screen ( ie member details, viewing history, search, etc). It was ok this morning, but not now. 

This makes it near impossible to find anything to watch.

Sorry if I've posted this in the wrong place, but not sure where to post anymore...

VIP using firefox

As of today VIP will not fully load on my Vista operating system computer which is frustrating as it's missing the blue manner where you log in and with Chrome not being updated on vista I'm starting to think it's time to go elsewhere for my shows

Thread