Thread
Printable Version

VIPTV Site not loading

I'm in Aus with Bigpond/Telstra as a ISP and I'm having to use my VPN to get access as of 1am today. This is the same for others in my area that I have set the service up for as well. I currently believe Telstra is blocking the traffic. It might not be Telsra and it could also be that routing my internet traffic differently though a proxy fixed the problem.
[ Last edited by woothdye at 5-28-2016 18:09 ]
Irony. Yummy and delicious like cake.

Reply 6#6 woothdye's post

On further testing with my VPN if I set it to Sydney it loads but really slow but if I set it to Cal, US it loads relatively fast so it may be a routing problem
Recent Ratings
  • shinny Points +5 Thanks for helping gdi3! 5-28-2016 03:11

I use a VPN service called Private Internet Access.
It's a paid service which anonymizes your web traffic by using proxies in many countries

Reply 30#30 gdi3's post

I don't have a Telstra gateway. It's not your modem. My guess is they have a blocked port or something. It probably occurred while they were trying to fix some other stuff up they've had lately. I'm routing my traffic through California US at the moment and because they can't tell what my packets contain, short of blocking all my internet traffic, they can't fully block my traffic

Finally fixed where I live in Nth QLD

Reply 39#39 woothdye's post

and it's broken again

Reply 42#42 gdi3's post

Mines been good for over 24 hours now

Reply 46#46 gdi3's post

I just realized this myself. Damn it was working fine last night

Mine is currently working without the VPN. Lets hope it sticks this time

Reply 52#52 shinny's post

Not sure, but at my best guess I would say that with the parts NBN rollout using the existing copper infrastructure they are having massive glitches when they connect new with old and the internet goes down in areas. I believe that when they attempt to reroute and quickfix those outages they are screwing with the ports and inadvertently blocking the site.

Reply 56#56 shinny's post

They are the tier 1 and tier 2 provider so they really are the best option at the moment if you are in any sort of remote area. I'll be switching over to the NBN next week so hopefully it won't have the same problem.

Thread