Thread
Printable Version

VIPTV Site not loading

VIPTV Site not loading

Anyone else having a problem with the VIPTV site not loading and getting a connection timed-out message? I can get on to the sister movie site and any other internet site but the VIPTV site appears to be a problem.

Reply 2#2 codebreaker's post

Thank you for checking. I still can't get the main site to load so it seems it's at my end.

Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

Yes, just now. Still not working. Have no idea why as all was well a few hours ago. Thanks anyway.

Thanks. I'm in Melb and with Telstra. Still can't get onto the VIP site.

Thanks, Shinny. I've changed my VPn but still no luck/

Spent an hour of the phone to Telstra. It appears that Telstra is blocking the site, probably not on purpose by the sounds of it. So anyone with Telstra cannot access the site in Australia I'm told. Seems it's now up to the VIPTV.net team to maybe contact Telstra and advise them of what's going on.

Day two without VIPTV and there is no better site to go to while I wait!!!!

Not sure that I've done it correctly but have input two addresses as per instructions here:  http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/how-to/setup-opendns-in-windows-7.html

Is that what is meant by a proxy server?

Thank you, Barb, appreciate the assist.

Hope your migraine goes away quickly! Take care,

Reply 18#18 shinny's post

Thanks, Shinny. I've asked a couple of people here in Melbourne (they're in different areas to me) to try the site and they can't connect to it either. [ Last edited by gdi3 at 5-29-2016 00:07 ]

Reply 20#20 shinny's post

Yes, it has been escalated higher up the Telstra chain so all I can do now is hope and wait that it will be fixed.

Reply 22#22 tmbetts's post

Only thing I can suggest is to get onto Telstra and ask them to fix it. Have asked a few friends here to try the site and none with Telstra can get onto it but others on Optus etc can. The issue happened sometime late Friday night/Saturday morning 27 or 28 May.

Reply 24#24 gerijones's post

I've just tried it now and it seems to be working ... maybe Telstra has fixed it.

Reply 27#27 tmbetts's post

Nope - it worked on my mobile today and at work on my work computer but not on my home computer. By the way, have you recently been given a Gateway modem by Telstra?

Reply 29#29 gerijones's post

Yes, I rang Telstra this arvo and told them I could connect at work using mobile and laptop but cannot connect on either while at home. They seem to think it could be the Gateway firmware or some software upgrade they made to the modem on Friday night. (I had the Gateway modem installed over a week ago and no issue with connecting to Vip site until Saturday morning). So they will either fix it remotely or install another (new) modem. Suggest you call Telstra and log the issue with them. phone 133 933

Reply 34#34 woothdye's post

Back on board. Thank you so very much, Woothdye!

Reply 40#40 woothdye's post

I had very very slow connection when playing the video yesterday but today seems better. Problem by Telstra still not fixed.

Same problem again! Worked almost oaky all week and now again cannot connect to the VIP site using Telstra!

Reply 48#48 brace2011's post

Refer to member Woothdye's Post at 5-30-2016 06:07 on page 2 of this thread. That's the only way I have been able to watch VIPtv since Telstra stuffed it up.

Reply 52#52 shinny's post

I received a call from Telstra and from what I could make out there was something wrong "with DNS", Anyway, I tried the site tonight and it's working again ... for how long I don't know.

Reply 55#55 shinny's post

That should be their new logo: Telstra - we haven't got a clue.

Thread