Thread
Printable Version

VIP very slow and not buffering

Reply 10#10 olivealittle's post

I don't think the problem regarding speed is on the site's end. I have been using it more than usual lately, and have had no issues with buffering. I often use the mobile site, which is on a different server, so that would make a difference, and when I watch on the regular site, I don't use the HD server, so I can't honestly say I know if that's been slower or not. The EU & US servers have been working fine for me. The fact that other sites load and/or stream as usual doesn't really mean that the issue is with the site. It could be a location issue, as in the location of the server in regard to your location, as well as other factors.

Regarding Shameless, is it any particular episode? I just tested the newest episode on the US & HD servers (both loaded fast). I hear a minor difference in sound quality - the US server is a bit tinny - but aside from that, it doesn't seem to be a vast difference. If there are other episodes that would give a better example of the sound discrepancy, please let us know. I checked on my Windows 7 laptop.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 12#12 bobbin's post

The mobile site is on it's own server, separate from the desktop site. It's been running fine on my Android tablet and iPod Touch. The loading bar on the mobile site doesn't show how far it's loaded, but that doesn't necessarily mean it isn't buffering. I find that if I pause an episode right away, I can usually watch it through without it stopping, though occasionally, it will stop to buffer. When it does, I pause it for a few minutes before attempting to continue viewing, which works most of the time.

Reply 15#15 bluebelgirl's post

Hello. Did you follow the instructions in post #1 of our Special Offers thread? If so, you should receive your points within the timeframe stated, though it can occasionally take longer since Admin does it all manually. [ Last edited by waterlilybarb at 2-28-2016 15:35 ]

Reply 17#17 whitneymgann's post

Sometimes it's a location thing. I have been using the site all week too, and have not had any issues on either the desktop or mobile sites.

Thread