22 12
Thread
Printable Version

Supergirl (CBS) General Discussion (Spoilers)

i was debating whether or not review this as i watch this as soon as it was avaliable

Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

I was waiting for them to add viptv site before starting a topic.

Reply 6#6 codebreaker's post

We been here long enough to know anything can get added

So what do people think ?

Reply 12#12 arksongbird80's post

it's nice to see you lot agree with me about this , i didn't want to be accused of being sexist if i said this felt more like girly show than a show guys could watch . That's not really the point it's other stuff what matters which is content. As you lot pointed it was crammed packed.

• Should she have revealed her identity to that guy ?
  • Her step-sister works secret government company who track Aliens ?
  • Trying to rescue a plane with no experience it should of gone a lot worse

These were main point i didn't like rest was ok.

1x02 Stronger Together

Guess they really trying rush through this season since they really didn't even bother to slow down ?

Seriously using two grown man as your cheerleader team make me sick

Those male characters should give back their man cards

I just state my opinion i hate when i see women using men to make themselves look good.

Reply 15#15 arksongbird80's post

it really annoyed me that she needed 2 men to help her she suppose to be supergirl and she needed 2 men to tell her what too do?. Superman used his super hearing to rescue people why can't she ?.

1x04 How Does She Do It?

This episode was postponed because it had bomb in the episode because Paris attack .

it's sad to think you letting something like this affect the airing of the episode while it was nice it was done out of respect at the same-time you kind proving point they affect your tv schedule if you show this while france decided to open up his border even after the attacks show conflicting messages to them.

Sorry to go off on a tangent but episode deciding go how does she do it sound rather disrespectful to women who are working mothers and have successful jobs. Supergirl wonder how her boss handle being a women and being mother was really amusing . When did i become a feminist kill me now.

1x05 Livewire

The only highlight seeing their mother and what a back story to how father roped into working for that organisation.

Reply 20#20 arksongbird80's post

I don't think we will find out any time soon since he been hiding that secret for number of years.

Yes that was a nice surprise the question will she tell her sister ?

1x14 Truth, Justice and the American Way

Supergirl trying me judge and jury after losing her aunt was predictable but having Jimmy remind her about giving Max a chance was interesting but will he tell Lucy ?

Quote:
    Originally posted by Milks26 at 5-19-2016 05:46  

What so different than what The Flash or Arrow are doing? Everyone is telling her that she's not good enough - she needed people around her who saw her as otherwise.
    You really don't want to start this with me because you know what i am like but here goes.

The world we live in has changed in the past 10 years because of this stupid notion of feminism which has been so twisted in such way that it makes men look like wimps. That was my point in that comment which was when did become acceptable for men to act like girls ?. I would expand on this point but i have learnt to hold my tongue.   

EDITED CONTENTED

It been a while since I have had a chance to rant like this and i have forgotten how much i miss it.

Back to my response I understand these male characters are suppose to me supporting character but you must give them more to do than just act like teenage girls watching a boy band. That is closest comparison

Please note this comment has been seriously edited BY ME to avoid offending people since original comment would definitely get me banned.

Reply 27#27 Milks26's post

Quote:
    Women propping up men
    You have a problem with that ? .

Women have always prop up men you know saying behind any good man is a good women

You can't have gender equality when they is that expectation ?

My point neither genders need propping up  

Reply 29#29 Milks26's post

What about Ophan black ?

Quote:
    Originally posted by Milks26 at 5-24-2016 23:24  
    What about it?
    That show has gender equality

4 Episode cross-over

I know i haven't comment on season 2 of super-girl i just too busy but i wanted comment on 4 part cross-over event which technically starts on the Flash but end of last episode introduces us to the crossover event.

Reply 35#35 arksongbird80's post

i know ( if you my read comment i said it technically started on flash) she was very underused in 3 part cross-over

[ Last edited by bala at 12-10-2016 08:52 ]

Reply 37#37 arksongbird80's post

Given she was the newest i wasn't surprised .

The other 3 shows all characters knew each other they had history with each other but  Barry was the only one who had history with Super-girl. .

22 12
    Thread