Thread
Printable Version

Marvel's Daredevil (Netflix) General Discussion (Spoilers)

1x01 Into the Ring

I remember the movie and how awful this was but this version is a lot more serious and i really liked the first episode like most of netflix show this one is well developed with quite decent storyline with hell kitchen bad guy being major crime syndicate who are unstoppable but who would of thought the first case would lead to these bad guys.

1x02 Cut Man

i like the fact each episode seems to be self contained but Madock being found in bin was lucky as a nurse helps him and we find out why she decides to help him but i can't believe she help tortue that guy .

Reply 8#8 codebreaker's post

They really didn't have a choice as money cleared from the guy who hired them but trying to stop jury tamping was tricky. Karen getting money to keep her mouth shut was predictable but i can't believe she wanted to come clean. I would taken the money, 6 months salary is one hell payout consider she's now working for a start-up. I know she did the right thing but why do i think she get killed by end of series i really like her and don't want that to happen.

I really like the fact they combined legal drama with a action hero storyline

Reply 10#10 codebreaker's post

i had feeling that Claire would be another member of the team but he needs to bring both  Karen and foggy into the team so he has support unit . Frisk getting interrupted on his date cost him  and made sure guy who messed it up pays for his mistake.

Reply 12#12 codebreaker's post

Poor Foggie he has no idea Karen likes Matt but what was a good cliffhanger with police almost catching him.

Reply 13#13 codebreaker's post

I have to say fisk is one hell of evil genius and this what a bad guy is suppose to like because at the moment he's unstoppable. I will waiting all matt's friends to find out he's daredevil.

Reply 14#14 codebreaker's post

At least we find out who trained him but it looks like Stick has another agenda and what a way reveal season 2 plot at the end of the episode i suspect that man stick was talking to will play a major part in the second season.

Reply 15#15 codebreaker's post

I am glad we got see his past but so much for him to come out like that certainly makes things difficult for Matt.

Reply 16#16 codebreaker's post

it was about time he found out

Every episode fight sequences are getting better and i have no idea why people keep compare this to Arrow . so many other reviews keep reference to Arrow as comparison.

Reply 20#20 codebreaker's post

This was kind slower pace episode but i can't believe their friendship is over because of this revelation

Reply 22#22 codebreaker's post

i can't believe he was stupid enough leave a loaded gun on a table but for him go out like that was so unbelievable i was surprised   .

Reply 29#29 codebreaker's post

Yes she was lucky but spend most of day finishing off the series is tough .

Only 1 more episode left until it's over

Ben getting killed was unfortunate but i rather it was him not Karen

Reply 26#26 codebreaker's post

This was a great ending to the series but i really want a second season but who knows these are suppose one off Mavel show so next one is Jessica Jones which is suppose to be released somewhere in 2015 i suspect it will be late 2015.

1 down 4 more to go but this was good start it will interesting to see if other show can match as good this one turned out to be.

I don't say this often but it's nice watch a tv series without any sex scenes  

[ Last edited by bala at 4-11-2015 17:27 ]

Reply 32#32 codebreaker's post

i am glad it turned out better than i expected it to be and based on trailer they didn't give anything away .

Apart from the actress from true blood and bad guy, rest of cast were unknown actors i havn't seen before.

Reply 34#34 codebreaker's post

I was expecting Karen to become elektra if this gets a second season

Reply 36#36 codebreaker's post

The series is much better than movie from what i remember guess you not going watch Elektra movie as well?

Reply 58#58 codebreaker's post

I watch all 13 episode on Saturday which why i couldn't comment on it until everyone had a chance to see it and instead posting 13 separate comments i would summary of my main review on season 2.

I thought it was an interesting choice, who they casted as Electra,  since i have never seen that actress before but I thought she did a good job I admit I didn't like her much at the start but she grew on me but you just knew she would get in the way of Karen and Matt relationship. As soon as that started you knew Karen would find out about her.

Stick coming to the rescue for Matt and Electra was a nice surprise but what a way for Matt to find out she been working with Stick and that it was Stick who trained her but if that wasn't crazy enough we find out she was the weapons i was like WTF haven't they gone a bit too far with that but what convenient way to explain away her blood lust.

Foggy actually being the one who still practising law was a nice sideline storyline but to defend the Punisher was nice way the storyline together. Speaking of the Punisher i did enjoy his heart to heart chat with Daredevil but the way they kept bumping into each other was interesting. His back story was nice but to be honest Karen opinion on him was something I agree with, With a place like Hells kitchen you need someone like him to kill the truly awful guys like Wilson Fisk. Speaking of Wilson frisk not even prison to keep him down but him helping the Punisher to escape was brilliant.

I still have no clue why Matt revealed to Karen he's daredevil that really came out nowhere ?. There really wasn't a reason to reveal it,  i would of rather she found out naturally like the way Foggy found him.

Overall I felt this season was good but fight sequences got a bit boring after few episodes.

Thread