59 123
Thread
Printable Version

Marvel's Daredevil (Netflix) General Discussion (Spoilers)

I have 4 episodes left of the first season and I have to say I have been surprised by how good the show has actually been

they do half love killing off main characters on this show

2x01 Bang

So much for the Irish taking over after Wilson went to jail and leaving one survivor did seem strange but I guess coming after him again was a little predictable and Daredevil meeting his match was bound to happen sooner or later

2x02 Dogs to a Gunfight

Foggy standing up to the DA and calling her bluff was impressive and going after him again so soon was asking for trouble

2x03 New York's Finest

Karen trying to get something on the DA was understandable after using their client as bait to capture the Punisher

2x04 Penny and Dime

It was only a matter of time for the Irish to go after the Punisher for all those deaths and Daredevil coming to his aid made a change but the way he handled the torture was impressive

2x05 Kinbaku

Karen feeling awkward in the office was amusing considering the kiss last episode and I thought things must of ended badly for Murdock and his former lover, but you just knew he would change his mind about helping her, the mention of Jessica Jones was a nice link to the series

2x06 Regrets Only

Karen seeing a different side of to the Punisher made a nice change after all the killing but pleading not guilty came as a surprise

2x07 Semper Fidelis

They have a lot riding on this trial of the century but you just knew the Punisher would only make things worse and Elektra intimidating the doctor backfiring was unfortunate but at leased they know the truth

2x08 Guilty as Sin

The DA being stuck for words after the officers testimony was amusing but I guess we know what the cop said to Frank before loosing it in court and that was a close call for Elektra after being distracted by Daredevil

2x09 Seven Minutes in Heaven

Fisk Was bound to go after that prisoner for warning him off and using Frank to do his dirty work was a smart move but setting him up after was devious

2x10 The Man in the Box

With the Punisher being back on the street looks like he's just a scape goat this time and the DA asking for help before being gunned down was surprising, Karen was luck Frank turned up when he did

2x11 - 380

The way Daredevil saved Claire was impressive but a shame the other nurse died and the body count rising with Frank trying to find out who killed his family he's going to get all the blame

2x12 The Dark at the End of the Tunnel

Karen going to see Ray Schoonover was understandable after what he said at Frank trial but what happened after was surprising and Frank coming to her rescue again was lucky

2x13 A Cold Day in Hell's Kitchen

Planning their future thinking they were about to die was strange but Elektra dying was tragic but looks like it wont be the last time we see her and I thought Karen might of recognised Daredevil when he saved her but will she believe him after he told her

Reply 58#58 codebreaker's post

I watch all 13 episode on Saturday which why i couldn't comment on it until everyone had a chance to see it and instead posting 13 separate comments i would summary of my main review on season 2.

I thought it was an interesting choice, who they casted as Electra,  since i have never seen that actress before but I thought she did a good job I admit I didn't like her much at the start but she grew on me but you just knew she would get in the way of Karen and Matt relationship. As soon as that started you knew Karen would find out about her.

Stick coming to the rescue for Matt and Electra was a nice surprise but what a way for Matt to find out she been working with Stick and that it was Stick who trained her but if that wasn't crazy enough we find out she was the weapons i was like WTF haven't they gone a bit too far with that but what convenient way to explain away her blood lust.

Foggy actually being the one who still practising law was a nice sideline storyline but to defend the Punisher was nice way the storyline together. Speaking of the Punisher i did enjoy his heart to heart chat with Daredevil but the way they kept bumping into each other was interesting. His back story was nice but to be honest Karen opinion on him was something I agree with, With a place like Hells kitchen you need someone like him to kill the truly awful guys like Wilson Fisk. Speaking of Wilson frisk not even prison to keep him down but him helping the Punisher to escape was brilliant.

I still have no clue why Matt revealed to Karen he's daredevil that really came out nowhere ?. There really wasn't a reason to reveal it,  i would of rather she found out naturally like the way Foggy found him.

Overall I felt this season was good but fight sequences got a bit boring after few episodes.

59 123
Thread