30 12
Thread
Printable Version

The Returned (US) (A&E) General Discussion (Spoilers)

The Returned (US) (A&E) General Discussion (Spoilers)

The Returned (US) Premiered on A&E on March 09, 2015

The Returned focuses on a small town that is turned upside down when several local people who have been long presumed dead suddenly reappear, having not aged and unaware of their own fatality. As they attempt to resume their lives, strange phenomena and gruesome murders begin to occur. The Returned takes an incredibly unique approach, filled with suspense and twists and turns, to the subject of the living dead

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About The Returned (US) Here

1x01 Camille

With all the remakes of late this has to be the most appropriate as the original was French and a little hard to follow with the subtitles, we now know the coach crash was four years ago and I'm not surprised Camille's mother looked shocked to find her raiding the fridge but the fact she just walked home from the crash site follows the original

The Returned - 1x02 | Promo "Simon" | A&E [HD]

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 3-12-2015 10:14 ]

1x02 Simon

Simon's story going back six years compared to Camille's four was interesting as I don't think that was revealed in the original and his pursuit of Rowan was bound to complicates her feelings for Tommy as she thought he had been dead for six years and the fact she is about to marry Tommy is bound to bring back the memories of being told about Simon on their wedding day

This has now been added to the VIP site

1x03 Julie

Camille pretending to be Alice, Lena's cousin was risky and I'm not surprised Lena is worried after she discovers the strange scar on her back but Julie's neighbour sticking her nose in is asking for trouble

1x04 Victor

Victor dying in a home invasion 29 years ago was tragic but him killing the nosey neighbour was following the original and glad she found the hidden cameras Tommy had placed around the house

1x05 Tony and Adam

Tony's mother asking him to stop Adam as there was no helping him but the fact he had escaped and killed they should of done it sooner but then again coming back from the dead nobody seen coming, Henry accusing Peter of killing him was surprising

Reply 3#3 codebreaker's post

I didn't watched other version so i came to this with fresh eyes and i am not sure how i feel about this it's looks interesting but it just something odd about it that just make me not like it. i can't put my finger on it but it's just strange show. The reaction of the people were not what i expected.

Camile mother just accept it was just odd but calling her ex to make sure she wasn't imagine it was amusing but what he asked the hooker to do was sick .

Reply 5#5 codebreaker's post

I don't get this there seem different time frame for the returned i assumed there were all going to be from bus crash this certainly make this show a bit strange i still have mixed feeling but Victor is cause of these accident ?.

This show is starting to remind me of Resurrection with it being reversed .

Rowen thinking he was a ghost was interesting situation until she realised he was real.

Reply 7#7 codebreaker's post

I have a feeling Victor did something to her

Reply 9#9 codebreaker's post

Finding those hidden camera was a good thing but finding out it was suicide was tough but with so many lies the question is what she will do. That scar on her back being same as Camille in morgue was interesting coincident

Reply 12#12 bala's post

You did yourself a favour by not watching the original as it was a French series which was then dubbed in English

Reply 16#16 codebreaker's post

To be honest i actually didn't know about it until i read your comment but i do remember see advert for it on tv few years back but didn't know what it was.

[ Last edited by bala at 4-19-2015 19:25 ]

Reply 10#10 codebreaker's post

Adam being serial killer is sad but i have no idea what he will do with him because if he contiue kill people how is he suppose to protect him ?.

[ Last edited by bala at 4-19-2015 19:25 ]

1x06 Lucy

I suppose this was the best episode so far because it's slowly starting  to make sense which is surprising.

Adam not killing her was a surprise but it's a bit creepy him giving her his mother clothes but her willing do him is really messed up after she found out he was returned.  speaking on which are all character on this show very frisky the amount of sex scenes in this show is amusing. it's like none of these characters have any impulse control.  

Lucy waking up was another surprise,  the con-women now is psychic that what i call irony.

Peter confession to Victor was interesting but making him put the gun to head and thinking it was his partner was interesting. Clearly Victor has some powers.   

Victor stopping Julie from killing herself because he thought she was a fairy was amusing

What a way for Claire to find out that Lena had multiple partners and the fact that her ex husband knew about it and didn't tell her was sad as he was drunk and didn't care enough to actually be a parent to his remaining daughter is sick.

30 12
Thread