Thread
Printable Version

ERROR REPORTING: Fix the Bugs

THIS POST APPLIES TO THE NEW SITE (10/22/16)

The timeline/toolbar at the bottom of the screen has lost its 'auto-hide' function in full screen mode. It tries to auto-hide, but pops back up immediately, so it flashes on and off...on and off...on and off, at a 2 second cycle rate.  Needless to say, this is a real buzzkill having to watch a show or movie with that toolbar always visible on screen, cycling on & off And no, my cursor is not hovering over the timeline/toolbar (which would normally suspend the auto-hide function). Once again, this problem occurs only in 'full-screen' mode.
   Also, the video/audio sync is off slightly on many various titles. I'll try to log specific titles/episodes for a future post.
   Will there be a new, separate thread for the new site's problems?
[ Last edited by mrtimdillenbeck at 10-22-2016 19:16 ]

Reply 265#265 dognxtdoor's post

I'm watching on a Dell XPS420 desktop computer with a 24" Asus monitor and video card. My browser is Chrome and my system is Windows 10. All updates to both are current. The toolbar autohide problem began with the changeover to the new site. It occurs only while in 'full-screen' view, and with all movies and all TV episodes. I will begin keeping a log of the program material exhibiting audio/video sync issues- tho I can tell you right now that I remember it happening with the last GOTHAM episode I watched, and I think that was before the new site design. I'll need a few days to gather info for the new site design's A/V sync performance. Thank you, Dan, for addressing these issues. It is much appreciated.

Reply 267#267 bala's post

So simple, so effective. I just tried the MS Edge browser (ugh) and all is well- no more autohide problems. I haven't tried Firefox yet, as I uninstalled it a year ago because it was such a memory hog. So it seems Chrome is the culprit. Thank you, bala and dognxtdoor, for your kind attention to my issue.

Thread