Thread
Printable Version

The Red Tent (Lifetime) General Discussion (Spoilers)

The Red Tent (Lifetime) General Discussion (Spoilers)

The Red Tent Premiered on Lifetime on December 07, 2014

Lifetime’s miniseries “The Red Tent,” based on the best-selling novel by Anita Diamant, premieres December 7 and December 8 at 9/8c. “The Red Tent” is a sweeping tale that takes place during the times of the Old Testament, told through the eyes of Dinah, the daughter of Leah and Jacob. Airing over two nights, the all-star cast includes Academy Award, Golden Globe and Emmy nominee Minnie Driver (“Return to Zero,” “About a Boy”), Emmy nominee Morena Baccarin (“Homeland”), Golden Globe nominee Rebecca Ferguson (“The White Queen”), Iain Glen (“Game of Thrones”), Will Tudor (“Game of Thrones”) and Academy Award, Golden Globe and Emmy nominee Debra Winger (“Terms of Endearment”).

The miniseries begins with Dinah’s (Ferguson) happy childhood spent inside the red tent where the women of her tribe gather and share the traditions and turmoil of ancient womanhood. The film recounts the story of Dinah’s mothers Leah (Driver), Rachel (Baccarin), Zilpah and Bilhah, the four wives of Jacob (Glen). Dinah matures and experiences an intense love that subsequently leads to a devastating loss, and the fate of her family is forever changed. Winger portrays Rebecca, Jacob’s mother while Tudor stars as Joseph, Dinah’s brother.

“The Red Tent” has sold millions of copies worldwide and has been translated in 28 languages. The novel is a New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Washington Post, San Francisco Chronicle, USA Today and Entertainment Weekly Top Ten Best Seller.

Produced by Sony Pictures Television, "The Red Tent" is executive produced by Paula Weinstein ("Blood Diamond") and Nancy Bennett. Roger Young ("Law & Order") directs from a script by Elizabeth Chandler ("The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants") and Anne Meredith ("Secrets of Eden").

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About The Red Tent Here

Part 1 of 2

I have to say this was surprising story because i didn't know anything about this but i can't believe how much time it covered in just 90 minutes and how these women became wives of Jacobs and how Dinah was his only daughter but what AN AWFUL ENDING why did the son's do that to them

Reply 3#3 bala's post

Jacobs sons were pretty terrible.  I didn't know anything about Dinah, but I knew about joseph.  He's a leader of men!  I hope the brothers got what's coming to them.  I know Joseph does something......Can't remember what though...

I thought this was one of the best mini-series of late!  I really enjoyed it and found it REALLY interesting.
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

part 2

Dinah life took an even worse turn of event so much so that you really felt sorry for her being forced to be slave while seeing her son get raised by someone else and how she used him to give her faith for what happens to her was amazing and it didn't stop there as it went on things just get worse before they got better and it really appreciate how lucky we don't live in world like that any more and that all fortunate to be free people.

Thread