Thread
Printable Version

Starting again

Starting again

OK - last time failed to solve the problem. How do you buy points? Simple question, cannot find answer. The site itself does nothing when I try to buy points except say "failed" but it does not even ask me for CC details or suggest any way to "pay" so not sure why (or what) I have "failed". The alternative seems to be to send money to someone I have never heard of who has no evidence that they work for VIP or Friend Vista - that is obviously a scam. Has anyone else had this problem and can suggest a solution. I am at my wit's end with this

Reply 1#1 Notned116's post

Any post posted by lbjedward is genuine as he is the site administrator so if his post says to send a paypal paymed to someone it's genuine the same as sending an Amazon gift card to his email address

There was no need to start a new thread on this seeing as everyone can see the original one you started (I have closed your original one).

Jim is a member (not a moderator or admin of the site, a member just like yourself) so hopefully he can put your mind at rest regarding the PayPal and Amazon payment seeing as he has used this himself. If not, then I'm not sure what else to say to you to convince you. I'm not sure why you have having the error when trying to pay the original way. So we are at a loss as how to help you seeing as you don't want to take up the 2 other solutions put to you.

Excuse me, but it has already been explained to you where the payments go. This is a legitimate site that has been in operation since 2007. Nothing about any of the payment systems is a scam. No one is forcing you to use the site, or to pay for anything. However, we have members who have been using the site for years, and have not had any issues with their payments. Occasionally, it has taken longer for their purchase to be processed, and our previous credit card payment gateway was problematic for many, which is why it was changed. The payment options are all safe methods, and just because they aren't exactly what you think they should be doesn't mean they aren't legitimate. If they weren't, do you think that thousands of users would continue to use the site, and make payments? We don't delete complaints that are posted in the forum, so you are more than welcome to look through old posts to see what others have said regarding payments. Other than that, there is nothing any of us can do or say to reassure you, though I would think that since you previously mentioned you have a friend who uses the site and has made payments, I find it odd that you are so distrustful. ~ Barb
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

OK

perhaps you can just help me use the normal system this is what I do I click on "get F$" It goes to a site called Friend Vista So then I click on "buy now" It takes me to a payment centre which incidentally displays all my previous "failed" attempts I highlight one of the options for 10, 20, 30 or 40 etc I then click "payment" It then displays: Notned116, you have 0 Pts on your account. Order number: I-P-1419116444 Payment Amount: 20 USD Get Service: 20 Days and nothing more - what am I supposed to do then? If I try to go back the "payment" registers as "failed" and I cannot go forward because none of the text responds to being selected - not even "contact: and what does the "20 days " mean anyway - if I paid would I then have to wait 20 days?

Reply 5#5 Notned116's post

Don't worry about your previous attempts. It says failed for me for just clicking through to check if the system is working & not purchasing any points.

When you click on the "payment" button, does it not take you to the page to fill out your credit card information? I think the number of days is how long you have to convert your F$ into points, but I'm not 100% sure on that, since that is a new line particular to the new credit card gateway. Once payment goes through, you shouldn't have to wait at all. When you purchase F$, you can then go into your VIPTV account, and exchange your F$ for points - 20 F$ = 200 points - to be used whenever you like until you run out of them. They do not expire, unless you choose the 30 day unlimited watching option when converting your F$ into points.

I hope that makes sense.

challenges

Hi,

Much as I appreciate you sending special messages to try to get people to buy points through some other method other than the site provides, what happens when you have already used the established system, buy the $ and they can't be converted to points? Once the process has begun there is no recourse and no information other than you telling us to buy another way, or email lbward who can take a few days to respond. I like this system for watching shows once the points are in place but the administration could not be more awkward. Over the several years that I have used this (under two different names) I have recommended it to several others. They have all given up on it for these very reasons. The complaints just seem to pile up and nothing changes. Why is that?

gaelwhiz

Reply 7#7 gaelwhiz's post

As a moderator, I cannot speak for Admin. Moderators are here to help direct members to solutions, but have no authority with regards to how the site is run. I don't recall anyone posting that they were unable to convert their F$ to points, since that is something each member can do themselves by going into their account. We can't force Admin to respond more quickly. I'm sorry it has proven to be such a hassle for people. We, the moderators, have brought many of these issues to the attention of the Administrator, but that's really all we can do.

Thread