Thread
Printable Version

The McCarthy's Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The McCarthy's Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The McCarthys Premieres on CBS on October 30, 2014

THE McCARTHYS is a multi-camera comedy about a close-knit, sports-crazed Boston family whose somewhat athletically challenged son, Ronny, is chosen by his father to be his assistant high school basketball coach, much to the surprise of his more qualified siblings. Ronny wants nothing more than to move away, join the singles scene and find a partner. His distraught mother, Marjorie is not upset that her favorite son is gay, but that he wants to leave Boston and his family. Ronny's plans change, however, when his politically incorrect and outspoken father, Arthur stuns everyone with his choice for an assistant. Touched by his father's offer, Ronny embarks on a completely different future and he can be sure that his loving family, including his twin brothers Sean and Gerard and his sister Jackie, are going to have a very vocal opinion about it.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About The McCarthys Here

This has now been added to the VIP site

1x01 pilot

I didn't find it funny but it was certainly watchable but gay son comedy has been done before and with a family like that no wonder he would want to get away

Reply 4#4 bala's post

Oh, yes, hasn't it been done before. Cancel Pile!

Only think I really have to say about  this show was damn that kid looks like his dad (Tyler Ritter). He resemble John more than his brother Jason does although, he to looks like his Dad. Plus, the captain from Rescue Me lost a lot of weight - and he to had to contend with a gay son on Rescue Me.

[ Last edited by Milks26 at 11-1-2014 08:27 ]

CBS Pulls The McCarthys From Schedule

CBS Pulls The McCarthys From Schedule Sooner Than Planned

I know some Irish eyes that aren’t smilin’. CBS has pulled The McCarthys from its schedule sooner than planned, replacing the freshman comedy with
Big Bang Theory repeats effectively immediately.
The Futon Critic was first to note the scheduling change.
The McCarthys was always scheduled to go on hiatus before exhausting its 15-episode freshman run, following its Feb. 12 broadcast. (Two and a Half Men‘s hour-long series finale fills the 9:30 time slot on Feb. 19, and from there on CBS’ Thursday sitcom slate is to be as follows: new Big Bang, Odd Couple, Big Bang rerun, Mom.)

Sources tell TVLine The McCarthys technically is not yet cancelled and the four unaired episodes could see the light of day, though there is no plan at this time to broadcast them.

courtesy www.tvline.com

Thread