Thread
Printable Version

Houdini (History Channel) Discussion

Houdini (History Channel) Discussion

The two-night scripted miniseries HOUDINI follows the epic tales of Harry Houdini as he emerges as America’s first bonafide world-renowned superstar. From humble beginnings at circus sideshows to sold-out concert halls, Eastern European immigrant Ehrich Weiss rose to become a household name across the globe–Houdini. Academy Award® winner Adrien Brody (The Pianist) stars as The Great Harry Houdini as he finds fame, engages in espionage, battles spiritualists and encounters the greatest names of the era, from U.S. presidents to Arthur Conan Doyle and Rasputin. A thrilling ride throughout Harry’s psyche, HOUDINI delves deep behind the curtain into his life through his stunts, his visions and his mastery of illusion. Joining Brody is Kristen Connolly (House of Cards, The Cabin the Woods) as Bess Houdini, the love of Harry’s life and right hand when it came to some of his most amazing feats, and Evan Jones (A Million Ways to Die in the West, The Book of Eli, Gangster Squad) as Jim Collins, Harry’s assistant and confidant.

Show Site

HOUDINI - | TRAILER

1x01 Part 1 of 2

The look on Houdini and his assistants face when the cop gave his handcuffs was amusing as they both looked worried and making fools out of the police by breaking out of their cells was amusing but showing how the bullet trick was done was a little predictable and the bell trick was impressive

1x02 Part 2 of 2

Sir Arthur believing Houdini walked through the wall was surprising as he's an intelligent man and considering Houdini told him it was a trick and still didn't believe was incredible but  lady Doyle saying she was a clairvoyant was interesting as she tried to contact Houdini's mother, I'm not surprised all those stomach punches took it's toll on his body

Reply 3#3 codebreaker's post

Yeah showing how he did the trick certain ruined the tricks but getting himself locked in German safe was a close call and i did feel sorry for his wife thinking he was cheating on her when he was being a spy. That last trick jumping off the bridge was risky as he did plan what would happen if he couldn't find that hole.

Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

I really was mistaken i thought he died during one of his tricks so this was a nice surprise and i can't believe how important his wife was and actress who played her did a great job there were times i felt bad for her and the fact that she never cheated on him and he did was sad.

Reply 6#6 bala's post

She did have a hard time with his stunts getting more and more life threatening and I wasn't sure how he died either

Thread