Thread
Printable Version

Manhattan Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Manhattan Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Manhattan Premiered on WGN America on July 27, 2014

WGN America is quickly ramping up its original portfolio. The cable network has greenlighted its second scripted series, 13-episode drama Manhattan, for a summer 2014 premiere. The show, from writer Sam Shaw and director Thomas Schlamme, is being produced by Skydance Television, Tribune Studios and Lionsgate Television. Its pickup comes two months after WGN ordered its first original drama series, Salem, and four months after the network signaled its plans to become a player in the space with the hire of Matt Cherniss as president. Created by Shaw (Masters of Sex) and to be directed by The West Wing alum Schlamme, Manhattan is set against the backdrop of the clandestine mission to build the world’s first atomic bomb in Los Alamos, New Mexico and follows the brilliant but flawed scientists and their families as they attempt to co-exist in a world where secrets and lies infiltrate every aspect of their lives.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About Manhattan Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 10-12-2014 18:37 ]

1x01 You Always Hurt the One You Love"(Pilot)

Normally i wouldn't watch these type of shows but i am curious while show is slow it had some good character development. I like the episode because it showed that it never the intention to create the atomic bomb they just wanted stop a war they had no idea how far they would go and with all those failed denotation it look like long road

1x02 "The Prisoner's Dilemma

Frank trying save one his team mates ends in tragedy   .

1x03 The Hive

After what happen in previous episode in come as no surprise new Security measure are introduced but when stop scientist from doing their job Frank loses his temper.

1x04 Last Reasoning of Kings

We see why Frank is so determined to create this weapon and after getting stranded after unauthorised denotation we see through flashback his motivation

1x05 A New Approach to Nuclear Cosmology

Frank trying protect his old friend was nice but using other guys wife to make him reconsider was a good plan and we find out why he rejected his paper

This has now been added to the flash site

1x06 Acceptable Limits

It's a scary thought that an scientist would ever try doing an experiment using 12oz Platonim  without any safety clothing or protecting but trying find it when it absorbed into his skin was scary but doctor having no clue how serious the situation send him home with liquids but Frank getting bottom of it and finding out that medical director was inexperience no clue how to deal with the situation to protect the experiment was scary.

1x07 The New World

Trying to find out what the female scientist look like that was with her husband was amusing

1x08 The Second Coming

Figuring out experiment there were going to do will created reaction so powerful that it's unstable was scary and now they need figure out how slow the reaction down

1x09 Spooky Action at a Distance

After what happend in previous episode Frank and Charlie hatch a plan solve the problem by combining both department without leader knowing

1x10 The Understudy

Having dead scientist wife come to the base to find out what really happen to him was great but not leaving until she got answers was impressive.

1x11 Tangier

Charlie asking Abby to frame the person she been having an affair with hard decision so i was surprised she did it for her husband and now he has owe her one consider how he been treating her .

1x12 The Gun Model

I can't believe he kill himself look like Winter will be in charge

1x13 Perestroika

This was a good season finale with Charlie being question who would thought Winters would actually give away everything in a recording and walking away .

Thread