27 12
Thread
Printable Version

Girl Meets World Seasons 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Season 1 Review

Since there was nothing on this week i thought i would catch up on this show and it surprising the amount of mixed reviews on this series because it's clear fans of boy meet world are now adults so for them watch this of course going to be different and a lot fans thought this water-down version of the show .

As someone who has watched few episodes of both show i can say one thing times are different boy meet girl was from male perspective while Girl meet world is from female perspective. The fact this is on Disney doesn't help matters.  

It's a nice show but nowhere as funny as it think it is but lessons are still there that's what important most kids shows don't hardly have any life lessons.

The first season dealt with common school lessons like bullying , respect your friends , making choices with consideration of other people feelings. It does a good job even through sometimes it feel like they over doing it.

2x01 Girl Meets Gravity

I really didn't expect them deal with a death lesson and making certainly a good start to season and girls discovering that there are not centre of the universe was amusing. it's funny how it took them this long to realise that but to be honest this is all Cory fault for letting his daughter and her friends run the class instead of him.

2x02-2x14

I been trying cutting down amount of comment i posted over past couple of month. When i first came on here i was mad poster but as with time i become more mellow about commenting due to fact i am getting older i start actually develop something call self-control and actually realise it's not my responsibility to keep this forum active.

Back to this season some interesting development happens in this season which i didn't foresee first return of some original cast members for couple of episode Shawn was a good addition and way he is with Maya is wonderful because she doesn't have a dad but not quite sure what's happening with her mother and him they left that storyline hanging which is a shame.

Who would of thought Maya is developing feeling for Riley crush that was a surprise and i hate to admit they would make a great couple i am not sure if the writers will ever go there considering this is a kid show .  i feel a bit strange watching this series considering  this set in middle school yet actress are 16 years old and not 8 years olds .  It's a bit strange why don't set it in high school?.

Fracle actually changing this season was a surprise i like the new version he's far less annoying good job on the writers to actually make him more grown up,

2x15 Girl Meets Farkle

This was ok episode but the fact that it was clear Farkle doesn't have autism but it was interesting way to introduce the subject and the fact that his friends had it back while he was worried about this was nice.

2x16 Girl Meets Cory and Topanga

This was some clever CGI using a old boy meet world episode and put them into the episode .

2x17 "Girl Meets Rileytown

I really hate the fact we don't see Riley bully in this episode but the fact she was hiding it until her friends figured it out

Reply 61#61 codebreaker's post

Great way to introduce politics to teenagers

RENEWED

Riley and Maya are taking on high school! Disney Channel has renewed Girl Meets World for Season 3, the network announced Wednesday. The new season will debut in the spring of 2016.

Reply 82#82 codebreaker's post

It's great that we finally found out what happened to her dad

2x25 Girl Meets the New Year

I am glad he blew the whistle on  Riley feeling for Lucas

2x30 Girl Meets Legacy

This was season finale and of course this focus on them graduating middle school which was nice to see and the fact that next year they are in high school should be interesting but i knew Cory would end up moving to new high school since that what happened with on boy meet world.  

I just hope they end love triangle introduce another female character for lucas.

3x01 Girl Meet High School

I have to say they really know how keep us guessing but adding bigger kids to the show was very interesting. It certainly was different of course things were going change in high school.

Reply 102#102 codebreaker's post

It certainly interesting take them have mentors for high school

Reply 109#109 codebreaker's post

i was left confused with this episode i didn't get point in this episode usually episodes are clear with a lessons all i got from this episode people influences people of course Maya will be influence with Cory and tamanga parenting she spend her whole life being Riley friends but that doesn't mean she will become Riley

Reply 112#112 codebreaker's post

It was obvious she was going say yes but it was nice surprise for that to happen

Reply 115#115 codebreaker's post

They did noticed but he never was caught until that episode and Maya trying to bad didn't quite work out it's true is your friends that influence who you become and riley has been a postive influence on Maya

27 12
Thread